1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You a Werewolf?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Daddy's home and not allergic to silver. Sup guys?

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you vulnerable to exorcism though?

Anyway, nobody's made any scumslips at this point so I've not got any real idea of what to do at this point so...

Jon: What is your opinion of Caesar?

Duke of Rothwood: Lynching lurkers. Good idea or bad?

Caesar: Have you played Mafia before?

Kensington: Are you always such a dick? :p

3. Jon

I have it on good authority that I'm deathly allergic to being impaled by werewolves.

He smells like mayonnaise and croutons. Seems strange his first post was an accusatory one, but maybe I'm just out of practice. Then again your response was very defensive in pointing straight back at him. ;)

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

So I finally get time to post and I see we made it to three pages. Well then, here's what I see from first day posts and what I know about people. I just copied and pasted the list and went down it, giving what I know from playing them before or watching them play. I realize I didn't really give scum/town reads but I figured on the first day it'd be easier to layout information one what I've noticed from previous games since technically this is only the first day so looking for scum/town reads is kind of hard (at least for me).

Gambit - Derpy as hell which means nothing as he plays this regardless. His determination to lynch anyone including himself is a bit odd, but honestly, it's Ollie, I can never tell.

Kalas - Not much to say really, smart player asking smart questions.

Kensington is being Kensington. His singling out of Aekiel is a tradition, I've seen him do it before so it's not that odd.

LochNess - Haven't seen much from Loch yet, in terms of scumminess that is. Seems to be a fairly strong player in other games though.

Doctor Whooves - Only saw Whooves in one other game and he's going crazy there so I'll be keeping my eye on him to see if he has similar gameplay here.

Caesar - Either he's new or I've never seen him post before so I have to wait to make further judgement based on reactions to whomever is lynched today.

Schrodinger - Don't know much about Schro's play style so have to wait to see more.

Duke of Rothwood - Seems to be fairly competent but this is his first game apparently so not much for now

Dovaekiin - Asking questions in a pointed manner, trying to be like Stojil, kind of weird but someone needs to do it.

fontisian - fairly strong player if last mafia I was in was any indication, pointed questions as well, however no telling what's happening there.

Sesc - Never played with Sesc so no clue but seems to be a strong player in the other Mafia's I've skimmed through

Jon - is Jon

5. Caesar

Caesar First Year

This is my first time playing forum mafia. I have played a little face-to-face but I understand that's not all that much use. Anyway, I'm going to reread the thread, see if any thing jumps out at me.

6. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Hey. I wasn't that crazy, I just rose a lot of people's hackles early on.

Also, Gambit, what is it with you and suicide? If you're not going to play, don't sign up.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not suicidal, I just am a very easy target and hard to get a read on. I'd love to stay alive til the end, but I'm playing from a "what's best for town" perspective.

8. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

What's best for town is you staying alive if you are town so you're idea makes no sense.

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    What Riley said. Lynching players we think are town is a terrible idea, especially early on, if only because their blatant towniness lowers the odds of lynching scum down by one.

10. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    alright then, we'll lynch someone scummy, but there's no one being awfully scummy, just me derping innocently.

11. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The current tally:

Abstaining (9): Kalas, Riley Poole, Kensington, LochNess, Caesar, Duke of Rothwood, Dovaekiin, fontisian, Jon

Dovaekiin(1): Gambit

Kensington(1): Doctor Whooves

Caesar(2): Sesc, Schrodinger

With 13 people left alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. Day ends in about 42 hours, at 2:00 PM EST.

12. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Well personally I would tend to think that a lurker is one of two options
    1) completely disinterested in the game. or
    2) scum attempting to fly below the radar screen and be completely ignored.

Now, based on my understanding of this game, there is only 1 "power" role, everyone else is either town or werewolves. Since we all knew that coming into the game, people shouldn't all of a sudden lose interest in what they signed up for.
    I understand school commitments and everything (heck I'm a law student, I get not being able to post all the often), but considering that a day is 72 hours, that should be plenty of time to contribute.

So... in my rather long-winded answer, considering the circumstances of this game I would tend to lean towards lurkers being scum

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Also, to clarify just so it doesn't come back later to bite me in the ass. Technically this is the second time I've signed up for a Mafia game here.
    The 1st time happened to fall over last Christmas so the game started and then I promptly left on holidays and completely forgot about the game which got me disqualified but I had made a couple of posts there.

The reason I said this was my first game is because that's how I view it since I will actually be around for this game and should be able to contribute as opposed to going MIA immediately

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Going over the thread, this post struck me as a little odd. The game had just started and many people hadn't even posted. Why did Caesar feel the urge to justify a short absence at the time? It could easily be chalked up to newbie nerves though.

14. Caesar

Caesar First Year

To be honest it was just a courtesy, in case anyone had anything to say to me at the time.

Moving on, no one seems particularly scummy to me at the moment. I have a weird feeling about Kens and I'd like to see more from Lochness but, outside of that, no one's pinging my scumdar.

15. Jon

Vote: Jon

I don't trust that guy. He seems suspicious.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    I agree.

You'd think that, wouldn't you? However, past experience in these games has shown mostly the opposite. Scum tend to get into these games more than vanilla town, since they get a night action to work with on top of day phase shenanigans.

That said, scum also know this so they're generally prepared to keep one or two of their number in the background in case their frontman gets caught in a lie or reveals something he shouldn't know.

So really, there's no good answer to this question, but that wasn't the point of asking it. I've got you down as a tentative town read now.

17. Jon

Calling it now.

Aekiel has a furry friend.

18. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    I am with Jon, though he seems positively lupine as well.

19. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

LochNess has to drop out due to lack of time. I'm going to be contacting the alts, seeing if they're still up for it. Until I have a replacement confirmed, this game is frozen.

Once we have a replacement, the game will resume, with the same amount of hours left in the day. There're about 29 hours left, so there will be that many left when the game resumes.

20. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

/Sigh

Vote: Jon