1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You a Werewolf?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Neither of the alts can do it right now. Rapscallion would be able to, but RL has him occupied for a couple more days, and Relic has no power.

So this is an open casting call for a new player! Anyone want in? PM me, and the first one I get gets to play.

---------- Post automerged at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Alright. Game's back on. Jeapordizer has agreed to step in for LochNess, so let's all give him a nice round of applause before we start plotting his murder.

We had 29 hours left when I froze the game, so that means the day will now end around 10:00 PM EST on Friday the 2nd.

I'll be posting an updated vote tally in one sec.

---------- Post automerged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Apparently there's nothing really to change since the last total. Remember that all votes and rescinding must be done in yellow, and you have to rescind your previous vote before casting a new one.

Now let's get it on!

2. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Hello! Glad to play once again, I will endeavor to play better than in MiniMaf#1 and all that.

Currently reading the thread, will post something of substance when it's done.

And it's JeOpArdizer :p

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, LochNess only posted once, and that was to attack Caesar. I'd like to hear your views on what's been happening so far, Jeopardizer.

4. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Okay here are my thoughts:

I have not seen anything about the number of werewolves by Vesvius so someone confirms it's the trend in the games on this forum or that I missed something or I'll take that as a scum-slip.

So unless someone steps forward in favor of Schrodinger:
    Vote: Schrodinger

Beyond that I see some derp, some tentative poking and the like, i.e. not much but: Sesc votes Caesar and pulls the disappearing act; Whooves votes left and right and Caesar info-fish like a machine.

But even if I agree with LochNess on Caesar (plus he was the first to ask a question to the other players) it doesn't strike me as a scummy, more a town akwardly fishing for infos. So on him it's so-so.

Beyond that? I'm thinking about Kalas, purely because he wrote in pink.

5. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Um... pretty sure Ves said there were two wolves.

6. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

I would prefer a link towards Vasvius saying that if possible, please.

---------- Post automerged at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Vesvius*

7. Doctor Whooves

Yep! From the sign-up thread:
    Since Ves said there are ten of us, and one seer, then thirteen players, minus eleven town, equals two scum.

8. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Oh well, Rescind Vote: Scrodinger.

Back to lurking hunting for scraps then.

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm most curious as to why Jon voted for himself to be a werewolf.

Does he want out of the game? Is he buddies with the real werewolf and is trying to get town to lose another one of our members? Or is he a wolf?

So Jon, why did you vote for yourself?

Other than that, for lack of a better lead for now, I'll keep my vote at:

Lynch: Dovaekiin

There's always a chance I'm wrong, but for now I'll just presume that Aekiel is a hairy beast. Although Jon is climbing the furry ranks as well.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey Whooves. What do you think of Dovaekiin?

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Schro: Can you explain what you meant by this? Caesar was the only person to vote for Gambit so I don't see how that makes him a bandwagoner.

Sesc: You haven't responded to my question. Please rectify this.

11. Doctor Whooves

Dovaekiin? Well, I think he's a strong player if he isn't shut down too early, and is generally pretty hard to read. He's made a few posts, mostly to try and get some discussion going, and asked lots of questions. He mentioned a few scum strategies, which seem to be mostly based on scum teams of three or above, and are thus a bit redundant.

Overall: I have no idea. Frankly, anything there could be either town or scum, and I'm not getting anything meta.

12. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My bad, actually. I was looking at this post:
    And didn't check to see if anyone else had voted for gambit before assuming that he was tossing a vote onto a pile. It was just a stupid misinterpretation of what he was saying.

Er. The day ends in 8 hours, people. Caeser still feels off to me, though I can't really figure why. Just my incredibly-unreliable gut, I suppose.
    We need a lynch, or we just start up tomorrow the same way. Our odds of succesful lynch are better after a town lynch, and a wolf lynch first night would be invaluable.

13. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sticking with Aek, if he doesn't flip, we know wolves won't kill Caesar since he's too useful, or he is a wolf.

14. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Now /that/ sounded scummy. reasoning?

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hardly, they'll keep Caesar around because he looks scummy, you don't kill scummy looking people you kill smart people and blundering derps.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Naturally I'm against lynching me, but there is one problem you all don't seem to be noticing. Killing off strong players early in the game is a great tactic for scum. It means the competition they're up against is generally less capable of spotting them than if strong town players were left to do their work in the mid-late game.

While I'm not the best player of this game I'm at least fairly good, and you just have look at the number of times Eido or Stojil have carried the game late on (or Irene wins the game in the first two days >_>) to see the effect strong players can have. If you vote me off this early, without any reason other than 'it's tradition' you're effectively shooting yourself in the foot from the start.

Give me another day or two to prove that I'm town. If I don't pass muster feel free to lynch me then, but doing so this early for such a stupid reason is frankly retarded. There's only one town power role in this game, so unless the Seer gets hilariously lucky and checks both werewolves on night 1 & 2, we're going to have to rely on regular analysis and

That said, I don't have any decent reads to work with at the moment, so I can't really propose an alternate lynch based on much evidence, but as it is I'd be fine with lynching Schrodinger or Gambit.

I go for these two because of Schrodinger's vote on Caesar. He didn't think through his vote, which suggests that he either wanted to start a bandwagon on an easy-ish target, or wanted to draw attention away from Gambit (I'm giving the latter long odds on being true, given that it'd be stupid for scum to connect themselves together like that this early).

Lynch: Schrodinger

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

regular analysis and deduction.*

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You clearly haven't played with me before Kensington.

18. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I've been most lax in posting here over the last twenty-four hours. Sorry about that guys.

There are a few people I'm not entirely happy with. I'd really like to hear from Sesc, for example. That being said, we need a lynch and, while there is no one I'm entirely comfortable voting for, I could get behind a Schro or Kens lynch. Anyway, I've got to get ready for college so I'll just leave this here as a placeholder.

Vote: Kensington

19. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Not sure if you're trying to divide townies here (if so, well done), but...
    Rescind Vote
    Vote: Gambit

I don't have any particular like or dislike for anyone, and I'm not good at reading anyone. But I'm not scum. Yeah, I fucked up on Caesar. But it wasn't some deliberate strategy. Just me being an idiot.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Shrodinger
    Dovaekiin makes some good points (especially about lynching strong town players early on) and I'm hard pressed to find anyone who screams scum. Mechanically, we can afford to go one day without lynching (in addition to four mislynches), but I'd rather save that buffer in case we screw up later on.