1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You a Werewolf?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Votes are locked in! The final count for the day is:

Abstaining (1): Duke of Rothwood,

Dovaekiin(3): Gambit, Kensington, Jon

Caesar(1): Sesc

Schrodinger(7): Dovaekiin, fontisian, Riley Poole, Caesar, Schrodinger, Jeopardizer, Doctor Whooves

Jon (1): Kalas

Schrodinger has been kicked into a bottomless pit while people scream about Greece! He was a:

VILLAGER

We have now entered Twilight, where you all can talk about the events of the day for the remaining alloted day time. No more votes can be made today, but otherwise the day continues as normal.

You can all continue to post. Except for Schrodinger. Because he's dead.

Twilight ends at 10:00 PM, EST. So in 3 1/2 hours.

2. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, that was pretty much as expected. At least we've got a few hours to gather info. Anyone fancy outing themselves as scum?

3. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Not surprised but hopefully we can make something out of this.

So, how does twilight differ from simply going directly into the night?

4. Doctor Whooves

It's pretty much exactly like daytime, but you can't cast lynch votes. Basically, it means we get to discuss the lynch without having to wait until night ends.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You guys are fucking retarded.

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus tapdancing Christ, tomorrow we lynch Aek, and most likely wolves will kill Jon tonight since he's the obvious target.

7. Doctor Whooves

Hey, Jon? Did you just get upvoted by Gambit?

8. Jon

Did you just lynch an innocent villager? Because you were the one heading that bandwagon.

Doctor Whooves: LOL I KNEW HE WAS A VILLAGER.

9. Jon

Also Gambit. You are aware that it's against the rules to upvote posts in a Mafia thread, correct?

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It is now night!

The game will resume at 10:00 PM EST on Saturday the Third. No posting in this thread till then.

If I get in all night actions before then, I might open the day early for discussion.

Cheerio! Don't let the Wolves kill you!

---------- Post automerged 11-03-2012 at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-02-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

I have received all night actions before the deadline, so Day 2 starts early!

Jon has been brutally murdered! Well, you think it's Jon. The body is now in so many chunks that identification is impossible. The only thing left somewhat intact is a torn, handwritten sign that states "The Demon Mayor will have his revenge!" So yeah, it's Jon.

He was a:

VILLAGER

Day 2 has begun. You have until 10:00 PM EST on Tuesday 11/6 to lynch someone.

11 players remain, so 6 votes is a lynch.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Gambit: How did you predict this?

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Someone needs to brush up on their past games.

13. fontisian

Which means that at least one of the wolves are familiar with last games.

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

*past
    /10 char

14. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah, what old timer is evil and is always a wolf if he survives the first round?

AEKIEL. The Dark Lord of Furries.

Lynch: Doaevekiin

15. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Lynch Dovaekiin
    I doubt that he's a wolf, but best to get him out now or wolves will constantly cast him as one.

16. fontisian

That's really not what I meant.

17. Doctor Whooves

I've seen a lot of Dovaekiin bashing today, and it's seems to be mostly based on meta. That probably not a bad thing - we don't have much else to go on - but does anyone mind explaining the reasoning behind it?

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm back, alive and unhungover. This is good.

Schrodinger flipping town was bad, but not entirely unexpected. We didn't have much evidence to go on yesterday and the only other bandwagon, on me, had even less. Jon's death is also an annoyance. While he seemed dead set against me I know he's a decent player and losing him is a serious blow to our ability to hunt the werewolves.

That said, it gives us some decent info to work with.

In light of Jon being killed that casts Gambit in a town-ish light, though I'm wary of his apparent willingness to be lynched on day one. Most of us know the meta with Ollie, so if he was scum it would make sense to act the fool and then have his scumbuddy raise the defence for him.

If that's the case then there could be an argument made for a Kalas/Gambit scumteam, since Kalas was the one to point out that Gambit was being retarded as usual. It's another tenuous link, but as it was done via insult that wouldn't link the two as strongly as an actual defence.

On a less objective note, I pointed out in my argument against Schrodinger yesterday that lynching strong players was a good scum tactic, and Gambit/Kens were both strong proponents of doing so on no evidence. Gambit especially. Of course this may be subject to my own bias, since they were voting against me, so if someone else would look over their posts and tell us if they're seeing what I'm seeing, I'd appreciate it.

Lynch: Gambit

Gambit: give some good reasons for your vote against me. Doubtcasting by the wolves is a thing, but but we can also use that to find them.

Kalas: Give me your reads on Gambit and Kens.

Jeopardizer: Explain why you're not surprised at Schrodinger's flipping town.

Sesc: Post some more.

19. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    See, I can think things out, and guess at scum and roles lategame, but hell, I just basically pull the mafia equivalent of a spray'n'pray, You have a ridiculously high history of being a wolf in werewolf, and you're usually blindingly town and aggressive when town, which you aren't coming off as quite as much this game. My next guess at scum is Kens if you flip town, and if I die, when I flip town I'd suggest Kalas then you then Kens depending on how the bandwagons look.

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Heh, you're wrong on the wolf history thing. What you're remembering is basically confirmation bias. We played hundreds of games of werewolf on IRC, so of course I was going to be the wolf some of those times. At some point it became amusing to just lynch me straight off, and when I flipped scum (as random chance would dictate happening fairly often) it was taken as a sign as me always being scum. :p

It got a bit old for me after the first half dozen claims and lynchwagons, especially since I had no idea how to defend myself at the time.

The rest is just me testing out different techniques. Blind aggression has worked well sometimes, but that was mostly only when I had Stojil or Eido backing me up (or rather, the other way around). I tried it in Mini-Mafia too, and got killed on night one for it.

If the cost of not being blindly aggressive is not getting killed, I'm more than willing to pay it. Can't hunt scum if I'm dead, after all.