1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arent Little Girls Made of Sugar & Spice? by JE - T - H/A

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by perfectly_insane, Dec 8, 2005.

1. CGB

CGB Auror

I think it's a good story. It's amusing most of the time, although not really a humor story. It's worth reading in my opinion.

2. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Its an interesting read. One of the few romance fics I can read and not puke all over the place.

3. Black Rose

Black Rose Squib

I dunno about pounding the crap out of him (tho I can understand the sentiment, really). All of this felt like that RL crap that you wish would go away so you could focus on "important things", but won't, so you're left trying to deal with a bunch of little things that, taken singly, would be managable. Instead, you've got:
    • two friends who want you to be hooked up so you (and their SO's) have more in common (I swear to God, it's like a fuckin' mental disease sometimes...)
    • one of the SO's in question, who's brain has been stolen by preggy hormones and probably couldn't be called sane
    • an old ex you have to host, who's still a charming bed-bouncer, and also thinks you haven't changed
    • a new potential bf with baggage, who can be a bit of a dick sometimes
    • a job taking up more time than normal, which would be bad enough
    • a... well, you get the idea.
    I'm not surprised things went so damn slow - most people write like a drama, or a romance, or a comedy. This was written like real life, with all the clutter and weirdness left in.

:confused: You don't have friends like this? Katie has preg!'mones pickling her brain, making her alternately homocidal and horny. Angelina is like several friends I've had (but never dated, dammit) who are simply possessed of a "higher-than-normal" sex drive.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I liked the story (I've read it in the past) until I read some of the new content...Harry whining about sexual insecurities, and now DANNI has a baby! It's alright, but dived a bit with the latest content.

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

This story is pretty decent. Although he didn't write it for a good long time!

6. SUBZERO91

SUBZERO91 Guest

yeah the sexual insecurities was a little much which made my mind go somewhere else when i was reading i almost didn't finish reading. although the Danni is pregnant peaked my interest as to what will happen with her and Alica.

7. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

The quotation had the opposite effect--I find myself disinterested in reading.

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It was the best the story had to offer though, sincostan. That quotation was better than the first two chapters.

This is a self-insertion in the guise of a canon character. She breaks hearts, is the dominant force in all her romantic relationships, has OC friends that seem suspiciously like insertions of the author's friends in real-life, goes through a dozen men a year - yeah.

The writing isn't good enough to salvage the fic, not by a long shot. Typical chickflick in written form revolving around vapid dialogue without description or a larger plot, demanding no skill or talent to implement. All this is fine, except there's no reason this has to be a Harry Potter fanfiction. Everyone might as well be Muggles.

It does suit the screenplay of a particularly forgettable sitcom though.

1/5