1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed Three

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sol, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, I actually had problems with the CPU temperature just a couple months ago. It would idle in the mid-late 60's and shoot up to the 90's when doing anything remotely strenuous. My problem seems to have been the CPU fan. I think I accidentally pushed it back in too hard at some point previously and broke a pin (EDIT: of the fan, not the actual CPU -- that'd be a lot more serious), which meant it couldn't make contact against the CPU securely enough and made the heat build up. Buying a new/better CPU fan and applying new thermal paste fixed that right up. My temp is hovering at 35 C now, though it's also winter and kind of cold in my room. I think it was more like 40 C throughout the fall.

Anyway, if yours is running hot only when you're playing AC3 and runs at normal temperatures any other time, then I don't know what's going on with it. Seems odd to me that it would stress your computer that much. But if it's running hot all the time I'd suggest looking at the fan and reapplying thermal paste.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

So... the first part of the "Tyranny of King Washington" DLC was released yesterday, which I purchased and played a bit last night... Overall, it's one of the more pure 'fun' DLC pieces I've ever played.

Connor wakes up to find that his mother is alive, he never left his village and joined the Assassin Order and that George Washington found a piece of Eden and was driven mad by power. Connor retains all of his memories of the events of AC3 so, to him, this all appears a dream or alternate reality... he doesn't understand what's going on around him.

Connor looks like a badass, in full Native regalia with a wolf's head pelt replacing the iconic Assassin hood. The Ubisoft developers must have just decided to have fun with this DLC because you gain supernatural powers now, through "drinking tea made from the great willow tree, and journeying to the Sky Realm to commune with animal spirits."

In the first DLC you commune with the Wolf and gain the ability to summon three ghostly wolves to fight for you (instead of calling in Assassin backup, since you aren't, in fact, an Assassin) and 'Wolf Cloak' - the ability to turn invisible at the cost of your health. Wolf Cloak is spectacular fun, allowing you to sneak from hiding spot to hiding spot invisible, or assassinating a Blue Coat before stealthing and attacking others before they have a chance to attack you. There will be another animal spirit in the next two DLC pieces, as well.

I haven't finished the first part yet and, unfortunately, each of the three pieces of DLC cost $9.99 each... but overall, if you have the money to burn, it's a helluva fun "what-if" alternate history where you get to play as a Native American, with Assassin training through memories of the true AC3 storyline, and invisibility.

tl;dr - You're an Indian who can turn invisible and George Washington is an evil king of America.

3. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I'd be more willing to get the DLC if each part of it wasn't 9.99. That's half the price of a full game when all is said and done, just for the ToKG.

4. redshell

redshell Order Member

According to an article I read on The Escapist, Tyranny of King Washington is canon. Not sure how, but it is.

Also, Wolf Cloak is loads of fun, and at least the 100% completion for each memory isn't fucking ridiculously difficult to do, like the final Naval Mission in the base game. Communing with the Wolf Spirit, in my opinion, was one of the coolest things I've seen in video games of late.

On a somewhat nitpicky note, did anyone else notice that they finally gave you something to do when the Animus is loading?

To anyone having difficulty with getting 100% frontier completion, check your map constantly. Hungry Civilians/Wolf Attacks are static locations, and by this I mean you can quickly grind up Wolf Attacks just outside Concord. There's a large stone bridge you can cross, and just up the path is a wolf attack location. Ride your house back into Concord, then turn around and ride back across the bridge, and the wolf attack should have respawned.

As for convoys, again, check your map constantly. Look for the red rectangles on the roads.

Anyone having difficulty with Hungry Civilians is either blind or just not trying.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Goddamnit, Ubisoft.

6. redshell

redshell Order Member

I'm fairly certain that Ubisoft has some sort of deal with Sony, since nearly every single Assassin's Creed game since the first one has been debuted on a Sony platform or exclusively there.

Also, knowing Ubisoft, they'll release it a few months down the road on Xbox anyway.

7. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I laugh at anyone stupid enough to think "improve our relationship" means anything other than "get more money from".

Also fullsize pic

8. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

The Animus is the Matrix. There could be a DLC where you fight invading Nazi aliens with your trusty pet Tyrannosaurus, and it could still be canon. Saying it's canon just means that at some point, Desmond ran a what-if alternate history simulation. It's not far-fetched at all.

The real question is when he found the time to do it, seeing how AC3 runs on a hard deadline of time. There wasn't actually any point in the plot when they could have run a what-if for giggles.

Unless it happens after the end of the game, but that's a whole different can of worms.

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

So we're jumping straight to 4 now? No skipping overseas to the Napoleonic wars or anything?

Wow, that seems pretty cheap compared to the past. We hung out with Ezio for a couple of games, exploring the history of the world from the timeframe of his lifetime.

I was fully expecting at least two more satellite games featuring Connor, to the tune of Brotherhood and Revelations. Jumping straight to AC4, and to be released later this year at that, just makes all of this feel rushed.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Dat nose. Goddamn!

What age is this guy suppose to be in? A pirate, sure, but when exactly?

Two reasons for that.
    1) People bitched and moaned about how many games Ezio got, even as they bought them.
    2) Ezio was awesome. Connor isn't.

P.S: Dunno if I mentioned that. PIRATE ASSASSINS.

No, I'm serious. PIRATE ASSASSINS.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I believe the preferred term is Her Royal Majesty's Privateers.

>.>

11. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I believe it's set in/around 1715.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    >_>

<_<

When was AC3?

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think it started around the 1750's.

14. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Worked for me perfectly. Game is downloading now. Granted it's downloading at a 1%/5 minute clip, but beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  16. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Well fuck now I wish I had an Xbox for the first time since it was released.

17. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Looks like it finally got pulled, and, naturally, it happens when my download was at 98%.

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fucking awesome.
    After watching this, I am suddenly ten times as excited as I was about this. It really looks like it's going to be awesome. Edward himself has the making of being awesome, maybe even as awesome as Ezio.
    The only sad thing is the present day stuff, but who cares about that, right?