1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

At the Hands of the Other by The-Caitiff - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Rhea

Rhea First Year

It resembles humor to me as well, I'm just not sure if that was the Author's intention.

2. CGB

CGB Auror

I surprisingly liked the story. I agree that it is rather simple, but you can read it, which is worth a point and it's original. It's also amusing. So, I'll give it 3 stars and I'll follow it.

3. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It looks like it is over. Unless there is another chapter after this that says that Harry somehow survived the killing curse, then the story is complete.

4. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Yeah. You know he'll have at least one more chapter. There is no way anyone is going to accept that as the end:)
    That little song bit at the end was neat. I marveled at his creativity, until I found out that he had stolen it from Jeconais.

July 13th: Rather then double posting, I'm just going to append my post. The sixth chapter is up. Looks like the author is keeping up to his word. There's probably going to be another 4 chapters after this one, so we can expect more failed attempts as Voldy and Harry go at it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I found this strangely amusing...well...maybe not so strangely. If you read this without a critical eye, it's a very good story.

4/5

6. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Latest chapter is up. This story is still good! I won't say much, except that I love that letter at the end of the chapter;)

Edit: Chapter 8 is now up on the author's new yahoo group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WarlordPrinceHP

For some reason, I picture this ending with Dumbledore saying "woops! I must have made a mistake when I told you the prophecy. It was 'Neither can die at the hands of the other.'" right before being cursed into oblivion by Harry and Voldemort.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  7. Fuegodefuerza

THAT would be awesome. I, also, can see that happening with this author.

While this was much different from previous chapters, it still had the same strange appeal that the rest of the story had, prompting me to read and enjoy.

8. CGB

CGB Auror

This story is really turning into a parody, but I don't think that's bad. It's really amusing most of the time.

9. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I could totally see it turning out to be Dumbledore giving the wrong prophecy or even mishearing it the first time around. I could even see it turning out to be not Harry and/or Voldemort in the prophecy in the first place.

10. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

The story gets better with every chapter. The best thing is that I cannot imagine what's wrong with the ability to kill each other, so I'll keep reading. But I wouldn't put it past the author to pull the stunt with the wrong prophesy.

11. Fuegodefuerza

UPDATED!

Another hilarious chapter. I enjoyed it greatly, and I know that you will too.

12. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I thought the last chapter was terrible, to be honest. The Harry/Ron dialogue was awful. The chapters before then were really making it shape up to be a good fic, too bad. Harry needs to get out of Hogwarts, or something, because it's just not working having him sitting around flirting with Hermione all day.

Actually, I'll take some of that back, the dialogue with Dumbledore was excellent.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  13. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I like the last chapter. I just wish that Ron had pushed it and hit Harry again. I also like the idea that they can't die at each other's hand, rather than they must. Funny.

14. zenaku

zenaku First Year

9th chapter is up. Is it just me, or was there a suggestion of Evil!Huff in there?

15. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

The-Caitiff wrote a Deatheater Hufflepuff story loosely based on nonjon's Hufflepuff manifesto. The Hufflepuff was named Steve something and he tends to bring in Steve in most of his other non-serious stories.

16. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

its a all right story. should be put in the library. ill continue to read, but if the author pairs harry up with hermione then im finished.

17. CGB

CGB Auror

I liked the new chapter. I agree that Harry should be out of Hogwarts, but what else should he do. Here he can try to recruit the students for his army.

18. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Actually, I was referring to the part after Harry finished talking to Dumbledore, with those two shadowy figures.

19. CGB

CGB Auror

Yeah. This seems like there's a evil!Hufflepuff in there.
    There's a new chapter up and I think it's good, too. Not much action, but it was a fast update.

20. Fuegodefuerza

The new chapter wasn't laugh-out-loud funny. It had some parts that made me smile, and one or two that made me chuckle, but not near up to the quality of your first chapters. Good work, anyways. Keep it up.