1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant III) || CONCLUDED

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'd post my QT, but I fucked up the flavor because I mixed up Fonti and Lexi's roles.
    Basically, had scum anyone except me on their team, they prooobably would have won. Sorry, yo.

2. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Day 5/The Final Day has concluded.

[​IMG]

.​

Ba Sing Se City: that metropolis of the Earth Kngdom from the Ages New and Ages Old. As a beacon of freedom and cosmopolitan bliss, the city gleamed with harried merchants that plied their goods, while perfumed women in silk dresses traded stories by cornered streets. Tea houses, libraries, and gardens converged in a lattice of civilisation. Earthbended carts rumbled by streetlamps, roaring creatures, as warm crepuscular light of the dusk sun spilled over the city, like spun gossamer. Beyond the crosshatch of stores and houses, however, loomed the dark glimmer of Lake Laogai. The fabled place of the Earth Kingdom.

Lake Laogai cast its dark shadow onto the University courtyard, as three people eyed one another with suspicion that marred their fright. A young girl, a harried man, and a polite woman. One of them, the soft-spoken girl in a green dress, was the first to talk:

"Joo Dee, the culprit is Lyrium. He's the one that has been conducting these murders. He's the one behind all of them!"

Hesitant, Joo Dee raised her eyebrows and spun around. Although she was only a tour guide and no true inspectator, Joo Dee had enough knowledge to recognise that the girl wasn't lying completely. Still... that uncertainty lingered as a bad stench. Joo Dee folded her hands..

"How do I know it's not you, Miss Lexicat?" said Joo Dee. "You're new in town, you are not a true resident of Ba Sing Se."

Trembling, Lexicat bit her lip and squeezed her hands. Lyrium, the pale shadow of a man standing by the statue of the Fifth Earth King, wore a look of apprehension. Before Lyrium could open his mouth, Lexicat seized the initiative.

"Joo Dee, you know that I'm your friend," Lexicat said.

"You are, Miss?"

"Yes, I am," said Lexicat silkily. "Now, why don't you move a bit closer towards me?"

"Of course, Miss."

"Yes... just a little bit closer. That's it."

Joo Dee slid closer to Lexicat, the former surreptitiously preparing a knife from under her robes, when a loud shout pierced the air, like a spear.

"No. It won't end this way!"

With a resonant howl, Lyrium launched himself onto Lexicat, tackling the pale girl into a cart of vegetables. Cabbages tumbled everywhere, a wave of cascading chaos. Lexicat pushed Lyrium, using her palm to smack Tyoyo's jaw. With a surprising strength that belied her delicate appearance, Lexicat snapped Lyrium into a chokehold. The unruly man was soon overcome: the girl, somehow adept in combat, pinned Lyrium against the wall. When Lexicat tried to shove Lyrium onto a whetted knife, the man writhed and recoiled. Panic churned within Lyrium, as though his nerves were alight with dragon's fire.

"Get help, Joo Dee! Call the Earthbenders! Please! Don't trust Lexicat..."

"I should've taken care of you a long time ago," spat Lexicat, a vicious expression marring her beautiful face. "Before you became such a hassle."

Then, Joo Dee's voice rang out:

"Lexicat, the Earth Kingdom would like to welcome you to Lake Laogai."

Lexicat tried to wheel around, when a platoon of Earthbenders pounced onto her and slammed her into a windowpane. Glass shards fell like crystalline rain. Scowling, Lexicat ignited her fists with blue flames and shot a blaze of indigo at the Earthbenders, as fire met ground. Lexicat backflipped, allowing a boulder to shoot past her, when she incinerated a nearby Earthbender in a plume of azure. Screams rent the courtyard. Somehow, Lexicat stood her ground against an entire platoon, as the two forces fought for any shed of an upperhand. Meanwhile, Lyrium gingerly peeled himself off the ground and walked falteringly towards Joo Dee. His shoulders were quivering.

A storm of lightning gathered in Lexicat's index finger. The girl wore an expression of haughty triumph.

"In the name of the Fire Lord, I would like to claim the Earth Kingdom," said Lexicat. Her golden eyes flashed. "This will be the day when poets sing about the glory of Princess Lexicat of the - "

Lexicat choked. Agape, she touched her chest which was wet, as a circle of red widened on her green tunic. A look of mild disbelief wavered over Lexicat's face, like a mirage. Behind her, a lone Earthbender pulled out a sword from her back. Grim determination burnished his face. Electricity fizzled away, as Lexicat collapsed, her arms opening to embrace her lost fate. Lyrium looked away to avoid watching the unpleasant sight.

He turned to Joo Dee, who was smiling. Her dark hair was unkept underneath her broaches, and blood matted all over her. However, the grime couldn't hide her true, untempered smile.

Lyrium felt surprise wash over him, as she pulled him into a hug.

"Finally," Joo Dee said. "The war at Ba Sing Se is over."

We reached consensus. Lexicat was arrested and taken to Lake Laogai. As she laughed and cackled, a golden crown floated out of her clothes, like a dark omen. Moreover, when we checked her house... nothing. Except a set of red robes and the edict from Fire Lord Ozai himself. Lexicat was the Princess of the Fire Nation!

Therefore....

We have reached a conclusion:

[​IMG]

Bill Door//Caligula//Citrus//ika//Lyrium//Nemrut//Prophylaxis//Sloth//Zircon

The Denizens of Ba Sing Se have won.

Posting is permitted in this thread by everyone as the game is over.

FIRE NATION INFILTRATORS:
    Azula, the Fire Nation Princess: Lexicat
    Ty-Lee, the Chi-Blocker: fontisian
    Mai, the Knives Assassin: Schrodinger

BA SING SE:
    Aang, the Avatar: Nemrut
    Katara, the Waterbending Master: Zircon/Ollie K
    Pathik, the Chakra Guru: Bill Door
    Long Feng, the Grand Secretariat: Titus
    Jet, the Freedom Fighter: Citrus
    Iroh, the Dragon of the West: Caligula
    Sokka, the Chieftain’s Son: Sloth
    Toph, the Earthbending Master: ika
    Cabbage Man, Merchant of Misfortune: Lyrium
    Zuko, the Exiled Prince: Prophylaxis

Some observations:
    [THOUGHTS AND MVP/AWARDS WILL COME LATER]

With that said, the thread is open to discussion.

Feedback is appreciated. Thank you all for playing. Those who wish to sign-up for the next game should post in the other thread for Prophylaxis's game! My next game will happen after theirs concludes.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah - as I noted in #615 it struck me as strange that your only reason towards scumreading me was that I had "bad interactions" but you didn't bother to quote them. Had a similar moment in a previous game, where the exact same person who did that was scum, heh. (Nemrut was scummier, so I decided to case him instead)

Good job lynching me though - my first lynch on DLP (was hoping I'd keep that record :p)

/barn this.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/RfxVj3bNMM9AV <- my QT

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

First scum qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/PMxdLqEZN4b

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure the closest I ever got to correct roles was when I had Citrus as Aang, Sloth as Jet and Nemrut as something else and then wrote:

Uncertainties: Citrus and Sloth could be swapped for each other, or Nemrut could be swapped in for Aang (but not for Jet) but I doubt it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The lack of a cabbage man thing on Night 1 actually through me off, as ika's revealing as Toph would have led me to concluding Lyrium was the Cabbage man (as I had her pegged as as a non-fire nation, provable role). So, well done there. Really, I should have realized that Lyrium of all people would have listened to Titus' gambiting suggestion.

5. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Zeit, I loved the setup and next time I'll read the rules more carefully.

As my QT shows I pretty much thought we were done for as I didn't think that town could win. Sorry to townies who I bitched out especially Prophylaxis, but dude you gave off massive scum vibes.

Lexicat, I actually didn't think it was possible for us to win because of the NK\soup which I don't know what happened. You gloated about your victory and called me "sweetie," at the same time so yeah I just agreed with you. Maybe I'll join every game you sign up for sweetie.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

:shrug: I had no idea why I was run up (scum don't buddy with each other, and font and I buddied together very blatantly) but you live and learn.

7. fontisian

:/

He really wasn't. Proph should have been confirmed town the moment I flipped, because I would have never associated myself with a scummate like that.

8. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

you initiated me, trying to tell me your role, and then you later lied about it.

I said nothing until I locked in my actions and then did you the courtesy of letting you know my actions.

You then proceeded to lie to me.

so either a) you were intending to lie to me about your role from the beginning, to try and gain some advantage that you wouldn't need since I submitted my actions and wouldnt cheat.

or b) you maliciously lied knowing full well I had fucked up, with the intention of hurting me.

So either you're a cheat, or you're a malicous snake.

Either way, you're despicable.

9. Lyrium

Thank you, as you said I had nothing to do with the town winning at all. You did.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To be fair it was scum's to lose. Lexi went full Pied Piper on the (majority) of remaining town.

11. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I've already owned the fact that I fucking blew this game for my team. I mean, granted, I rescued the game for us with the proph lynch, but I completely threw this game and that's on me.

But your shit is totally outside of that, and THAT'S what makes you so despicable.

12. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

------------------------------​

Awards and Honourable Mentions

---------------------------------------​

The Spirits World

Aang, The Avatar
    Katara, The Waterbending Master
    Pathik, The Chakra Guru
    Jet, The Freedom Fighter
    Long Feng, The Grand Secretariat
    Sokka, The Chieftain's Son
    Toph, The Earthbending Master
    Cabbage Man, Merchant of Misfortune
    Iroh, The Dragon of the West
    Zuko, The Exiled Prince
    The Observers

Fire Nation Infiltrators I
    Fire Nation Infiltrators II
    Azula, The Fire Nation Princess
    Ty-Lee, The Chi-Blocker
    Mai, The Knives Assassin

-------------------------------

The Most Valued Player Award :
    {Princess Lexicat of the Fire Nation}
    //for convincing Ba Sing Se not to lynch a confirmed Fire Nation member, despite the numbers.

The Most Inspired Ploy Award:

{Caligula the Dragon of the West}

//for correctly identifying the three Fire Nation women and many of the roles themselves at an early point, despite Ba Sing Se's serial stupidity.

The Valiant Effort Award goes to:

{Schrodinger the Knives Assassin}

//for showing enthusiasm and great humour for his showing as the Mafia.

The Most Awful Player Award:

{Ika the Earthbending Master}

//for ending the Day despite the lynch consensus on fontisian, thereby stopping Caligula from continuing his attack on Lexicat

An Honorary Mention goes to:

{Prince Prophylaxis of the Exiles}

//for being the most suspicious-looking player ever. Condolences, man.

----------------------------------​

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant) is brought to you by the following SPONSORS!

Blue-Shell condoms from The Mario Kart Corporation: If I Can't Come First, Nobody Can!

New ski-ware courtesy of Stark Enterprises: Winter is Coming... Prepare for it in Style.

----------------------------------

Like all good things, Avatar: The Last Airbender must come to an end. Thank you to everybody to supported this game along the way, including but not exclusively: KaiDASH, Irene, and Anya. <3 all.

And please "thumbs up" the Closing Post. I put effort into the writing!

I'll see you all at my next game. Until then, ciao!

13. fontisian

You knew Sloth was Sokka!

Augh.

/dies

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

How?

/10char

15. fontisian

"Sloth- Sokka" on the souping list.

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Oh.

One thing you gotta learn about me: I'm really bad at trusting others. I sort of ignored your list except for the bit about caligula's role.

17. Caligula

Caligula First Year

Thanks for the great game. Lyr, I love you but I wanted to strangle you at some points. Why lynch Proph? ;.;

I gave Lexi and Schrodinger to the town on a silver platter. ...Then you guys lynch Prophylaxis instead. Between that and ika closing the day as I literally was about to post an essay on Lexi, I think I pulled out half of my own hair in this game!

Also I feel that fontisian should've gotten a medal or an award. All of that Prophylaxis bullshit was due to her shenanigans and she was the one who goaded ika into that moronic move.

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

People don't generally take other's reads into account unless they have a reputation of having good reads. It was first game so it was really easy for people to go "lol he's a noob"

(That will change in your next game)

19. Lyrium

Yes, Fontisian was the reason I didn't trust Prophylaxis so that was a good game on her part. If it weren't for her being aggressive towards me I would have been on the Prophy lynch thing forever.

Caligula, you barely posted (!) so I wasn't sure who to trust.

20. Caligula

Caligula First Year

My bad. I did learn from this game when fontisian told me that I should say what I need to say instead of hoarding it. Of course, I was about to say what needed to be said but a Day got truncated...

No hard feelings. Okay, I'm going to stop talking about the Tophgate incident.