1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant III) || CONCLUDED

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Only for you. It's just annoying and confusing for everyone else.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fluffy fluff.

3. Bill Door

Vote for someone for something.

---------- Post automerged at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Or you know, have an opinion on something.

4. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I would really love to know how that makes him more transparent. o.o

My biggest scumread right now is Titus.

On #97, she threw her GoH vote to Prophy for no other reason that his 'semi-aggressive' play, which he really hadn't done: He's come in, voted, was pointlessly mysterious. This was also right after his OllieK vote.
    And all of this was before his big wall-post explanation in #106, which either suggests some sort of alliance with Prophy or previous knowledge of his play-style and wanting to be on his good side.

Ok, am I missing something?
    With deadline votes, we've essentially eliminated the danger of early/self-hammers, which was a problem before. Why wouldn't we deadline vote constantly?
    It also doesn't affect Long Feng in the slightest, since unless the day ends, there's always a chance the deadlock and NL will resolve itself anyway.
    Plus, I'd prefer the whole Town decides who to lynch over a single player any time.

In fact, Deadline Vote: Titus

Prophy's big wall had some good points, but I thought most of what he said against Bill Door was fairly weak because they overlooked that the explanations Bill gave were actually fairly valid.
    I mean, Fonts claims he can read RVS really well, and maybe that's true, but unless it makes sense to me personally, I add it as a point against them.
    Needless to say, I had him down as probable scum having chosen a target...And then Bill Door showed back up and started actually being defensive, so I'm on the fence here.

Before his defensiveness, Bill was reading a Town to me. After, I'm still not sure he's scum, but no longer sure he's town. The reason I'm not voting for him is that there's nothing I feel is particularly damning, plus even without my vote, he has the majority for now anyway.
    Right now he's being non-committal and stubborn. Basically like Lee in Dresden, which makes me wary of a label, given how THAT turned out.

Ika...undecided. Whatever he is, he and Titus have this weird thing going on that they claim is not meta when it's SO clearly meta so I can't decide if they're scum, or just playing their own game with the rest of us as after-thoughts. It's actually pretty annoying.

Fonti...undecided. If Prophy's scum, she probably is too.

That's it for now, there's not much to go yet, to me.
    Time for wine. Happy Saint Patrick's month, all!

Also,
    Just getting this out of the way now: I'm always going to be Viewing This Thread.
    This was also true in Dresden, but not sure if anyone notice due to my being axed early. I never turn my computer off and I always have this window open.
    Half the time I'm not actually going to be here, despite what it says.

---------- Post automerged at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

^First line was in response to #140

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Saw that this thread was up a few hours ago but had been at a friends, so, could only post now.

It is pretty late now, and am going to sleep, so, my read will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Before I forget though, Elect Guest of Honour: Nemrut

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Sloth, Prophy and I do know each other. He asked me to sub in here and that's the only reason I know about this site. He reads pretty strong and aggressive town. Your pay looks to be a wedge divided and a pretty epic hedge on BD.

As for the whole thing with ika, I too find it annoying but I would rather just let ika read me and if that's what I have to do, so be it.

If we have a governor, then the governor can be tracked based on who they lynched Day1. It totally limits scumclaims as well. If we can get the gov, cabbage guy and dragon through a day or two, town is set.

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Oh and my god the linkage in that post Sloth.

7. Bill Door

Sloth, elaborate on your opinions. What good points did Proph make, what did he overlook? Why was I reading town, what made that change? What have I done that's uncommittal? Why would Fonti be scum with Proph?

8. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Lexicat will take over for silverlasso.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Wow that went dead.

Ika, what do you think of a Bill, Fonti, Sloth scumteam? Right now, I'm kinda stuck on the last slot between you and Sloth and I'd want to know what you think right now.

Sloth, why do you feel you want the whole town to decide? If everyone has put their opinion in, then the town loses nothing but gains a lot by a hypothetical governor action.

10. Sloth

Kay:

Well…
    Bad point: Why wouldn’t everyone deadline vote in this game? I mentioned my argument for it in my first post and no one’s given me a reason why that’s not the case.
    (This is also a point against Fonti in a possible Proph-Fonti team: that she didn’t point out how this was wrong when earlier she was saying the same thing as me. I didn’t see anyone replying to her and rebuking the argument either.)
    Good point: wh

Good point: Even I thought this post was terrible. It’s not even IoA, It’s useless.

Bad point: You’re right. This IS just two hours into the first day, it’s extremely premature to say you’re trying to get us to stay in RVS – it’s like saying that one girl that said ‘hi’ to me at a bar clearly wanted to sleep with me.
    It’s not the voting that’s suspicious, it’s the Train – a train that Titus admits is just over the fact that she has past history with Ika (…which, btw, is still terrible reasoning).

Badish point: Trying to tie scumbuddies IS a legitimate way to scumhunt. And you did technically ‘explain’ why they were probably scum in your first post.
    Good point: Your reasoning was ‘they’re scum because they said they’d be scum together,’ even though that was stated as a fun possible scenario. DAYS before Zeit sent the PMs with our roles. You haven’t given any real reason for either to be scum, and even though I’m on the Scum!Titus boat, that makes you look bad.

Whatever point: Could be true, or you could just be a helpful townie. This one only helps if the rest of the compounding evidence supports it. It’s basically a little push towards Scum!Door or Town!Door.
    As for forceful about it stopping? You said it was meta and that that should stop, repeatedly. I’m not sure exactly what else he was expecting you to do. Perhaps he wanted you to curse them out into obedience. Point being you can’t force them to stop, only point out they should, though you never said the exact words.

Cute point: Not very relevant, unless there’s some sort of actual statistic he can link us to linking both factors. Plus, Fonti and Titus were joking too.
    And the second was…SO very clearly a joke too.

Bad point: And in here, your very first post was to vote for ika.
    Good point: As stated above, your reasons are terrible.

Good point.

Next,
    Before Prophy’s big wall post, you weren’t exactly ringing Town, just neutral – you weren’t giving out scum reads, you were mostly playing like you did in Dresden. When the big post came out, I found myself thinking Prophy might be scum, which meant his target (you) was most likely town.

What changed is that you went immediately in the defensive afterwards, and that hasn’t really stopped.

Plus,
    He’s right, you aren’t.
    And at this point you really SHOULD be. You’re focusing so much on defending yourself instead of proving why the other guys have stronger scum cases.

As for non-committal, I’m just going to point this one out:
    That is such a D1 LuckyLee thing to say, I had flashbacks.

Next,
    This is a tricky one.
    It only really works if Proph is Scum, since he townfirms her pretty strongly based on a simple action on a transparent vote any scum would have seen the strategy behind. Then again, no one else reacted to the OllieK vote, which is so weird.
    In turn, Fonti backs up his reads (points above, note that bit I mentioned about Fonti and the Governor), and it’s almost like they’ve formed a partnership where they’re secure on each other’s side. It’s far too early for Towns to be this confident in other players being Town.

However, there’s an alternate theory:
    Given the way he’s been acting, taking charge of the investigation aspect, it’s possible that Prophy’s Aang.
    That would mean that either Titus or Fonti would be Katara, given their support of him in the game and in the GoH voting, for very little reason: They know his identity.
    In this scenario, though, Titus is much more likely to be Katara than Fonti. Fonti wouldn’t have called him out on the OllieK thing if she knew who he was. Sure, it could have been to keep up appearances (townfirm herself in his eyes?), but she could have just as easily simply said nothing and waited for someone else to respond.

@Titus: Right now I’m throwing my net over a wide area and seeing what I catch. As the game goes on, my throws will narrow further.
    As for the Governor, I like a democracy more than a monarchy. There’s always a chance that the governor will have a biased opinion. I wouldn’t want to be axed off because the governor is convinced I’m Scum when the votes were heading a different direction.

A note—Nobody here has given an actual read on Prophy yet. I’d like to hear your thoughts on him, especially Titus and Fonti.

Stupid question time!
    What's...
    Linkage
    Hedge
    Pay
    Wedge?
    Assuming these are meant as Mafia terms, haven't been able to find them in the wiki.

Also, if anyone wants the vote count:
    Bill Door: 4 vote(s) - Prophylaxis (#85), Titus (#107), Fontisian (#110), ika (#117)
    Titus: 1 vote(s) - Sloth (#144)
    ika: 1 vote(s) - Bill Door (#49

11. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

^ this is what im talking about, questions. Heck you could of asked anyone any of these or anything along the line of that earlier

What I think is you need to not try so hard to apparear town to me. Your becoming more anti-town by doign so. Untill i can belive you are town, you will get minimum stuff from me. I will say this, i think your 3 names has at least one scum. As for the other 2, i have an idea on one but the 3rd is still up in the air.

I'll give you a hint on who i suspect is number 2:

deadline lynch vote: titus

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

im willing to swtich back to door, but titus still hasnt convinced me of her town status yet.

12. Sloth

Correction:
    Bill Door: 3 vote(s) - Prophylaxis (#85), Titus (#107), Fontisian (#110)
    Titus: 2 vote(s) - Sloth (#144), ika (#151)
    ika: 1 vote(s) - Bill Door (#49

---------- Post automerged at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

On that note, ika, why are you being so flimsy with your voting? If you're 'willing to change to Bill Door' who has the most votes anyway, what's the point of changing at all? Pressure on Titus doesn't work if you're going to follow it up with 'I can change it back.'

13. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

sloth, its unlike titus to be so agreeable though is my thing. even in the event of katar/aang theory. i find it too unlikely

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Becasue me and titus have a history as stated many times. I am one of the few people who can see thoguh her ruse.

Your logic on the aang/katara with proph/titus is good. the problem is that it would not be like a town titus to do that even if she knew he was town.

shes playing a very cautious approach against me if you haveent noticed. or at least form my PoV. he playstlye is not her town game.

when you have expeince with the other players you learn how they play as town and scum. that is why im willing to go with the door train but am weary of prophy and titus.

14. Bill Door

Deadline lynch Vote: Citrus

Do something.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

ika, I'm not working on appearing town to you. I'm working on resolving your alignment. To do that, I ask questions to see where you stand.

Sloth, I absolutely agree with everything Prophy has posted so far, and I rarely do that. I wouldn't have done the whole open on Ollie K thing with the lump vote but other than that, I really like Prophy's reads and statements (but for townreading Fonti).

Prophy's first vote being a vote on ika makes sense because Prophy is aware of the history between me and ika. As such, if he's town, he'd want that resolved as soon as possible but not egg us on into believing the other was scum.

Also, you are deliberately Aang hunting in your last post, which is total shit. You don't hunt for Aang, ever in these setups. It should not be discussed while there is a possibility of a souper alive. Hell, it shouldn't even be discussed while there is a night kill. This whole section is very indicative of your mindset. You aren't hunting scum, you are hunting town roles and failing miserably at it. As I absolutely refuse to play this game.

Prophy's posts are good. Linking people to scum is a very decent scum tactic, hence why I am weary of ika. He's linking me with Bill Door for saying nothing beyond I posted after Prophy, which applies to anyone who may follow Prophy's reasoning.

ika's shift to say he's willing to vote Bill Door but then wants to vote me would most likely indicate distancing and bussing himself and that he's projecting yet our past clouds that judgment a bit.

As for not wanting a monarchy, even the best monarchs know how to work with the town. It confirms a town role in existence and the scum cannot cast a vote to cancel.

It's hardly premature to be staying in RVS. I don't care if it's post 2, if RVS naturally ends, it naturally ends. There's no reason to say it's too early to be a legitimate wagon but for being scum.

Trying to find buddies with no evidence whatsoever is totally inappropriate at this juncture. Everyone knew about our baggage as we telegraphed it to some extent prior to the game.

16. Bill Door

Can you please think about why it's a terrible idea to point this out?

17. Titus

Titus Squib

Why Citrus?

Citrus is also likely a different timezone than you, so it makes sense why he hasn't done much and there's a shit ton to respond to.

You aren't actually doing much of anything and still avoiding commenting on any events as they are happening.

---------- Post automerged at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Wow... a game related post... and it sounds like coaching...

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, it is not. Last chance: Why did you not vote for me or Bill Door when you said you were considering us as a likely scumteam? This point is both relevant and important. Answer it.

Hey Titus, what point was the "Yes, this is the earliest I have ever tunnelled," addressed to?

Wat. Wat r u doing?

Souping Titus. Don't tell me you've forgotten about it, when that was how we lost the last tinyhunt.

Citrus: You're kind of dancing around points without committing. What are your reads?

Good to know, thanks.

The difference is that Bill Door deadline voted during RVS, which is unnecessary and hints at nervousness. Regular deadline votes I have no problem with.

Bill Door's post reminded me of this exchange (in which I was scum and Mori was town):
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=683315&postcount=60
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=683317&postcount=61

See, breaking RVS is almost always a helpful thing, and I don't like the way Bill Door attacked Titus over it, even if I can understand why he would find an early serious bandwagon strange.

Fake edit: I see Bill Door already starting addressing the roles thing, so I'll leave that alone for the moment.

I'm leaning town on Proph. He's proactive, and I think he believes the case against Bill Door. I'm a little leery, mostly from the way he cleared me early on and because I've been burned on reading him before.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Fonti, knowing the governor is in the game =/= who they are. It also gives us freedom to pursue the lynches we want to pursue, getting a lynch be damned. It's how I like to play as town.

I did vote for you and Bill Door. So I really don't get what the fuck you are saying here. I try to cooperate but this is ridiculous.

The governor can be tracked but it would most likely be done in the end game, not the start. I don't want scum fakeclaiming Governor or anything like that in lylo and fucking us over.

Sometimes it's best to foreclose roads for scum and thus trapping them. That's my failsafe to epic tunnelling. I need them.

20. Bill Door

Because he's ignored something I've asked him twice, and he's posted without doing anything.

---------- Post automerged at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Also waht do you mean I'm avoiding commenting on things as they are happening?

---------- Post automerged at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Fonti: Stop the irrelevant meta. Linking those posts suggests absolutely nothing about me, you're using something you said as scum to say I would say that as scum. That's abusing meta so badly, that actually looks legit scummy. If Citrus does something good I'm gonna switch my vote to you.