1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ChaosSora, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I thought there would bea follow up of a diffrent series...Kinda like Dragonball and DBZ (I won't include the utter shite that is DBGT) only with diffrent character's.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

That would suck. The show is awesome because of the characters. I wouldn't mind a short fourth season about the aftermath of the war, the rebuilding of the Southern Water Tribe, maybe creating a new Air Nomad tribe, etc. Because Aang does have to do that to create balance in the world. o_O

That, I think, would be a good fourth season.

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I, for one, don't want to watch Aang go around impregnating women so he can repopulate the air temples.

This show just has moments that I can't help but laugh at. "Let's riot!"

4. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

It would be crap...

Does anyone else feel that Aang will beat the fire lord by fire bending? That trailer made it feel that way.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I get the feeling Aang's true firebending will equal out with the Ozai's lightning, until Aang figures out how to use Airbending to increase the power of Firebending becoming Avatar!Aang instead of just HighlyTalented!Aang.

6. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I think we'll get a movie. Probably DVD, but possibly theaters. An aftermath + new threat type movie, along the same vein as FF7 Advent Children.

Anyway the trailer was awesome. Anyone think that picture of a black haired woman that flashes, wasn't' Azula? I think it was Ursa. No point in banishing her instead of killing her unless they bring her back.

Unless, of course, they're saving the Ursa-search as Zuko's side story for the movie. Which would be cool.

I just want Zuko to get his swords back =/.

Fuck... just realized this trailer will spawn ridiculous Zutara fics, what with the Aang/Katara no kiss and the Katara/Zuko embrace following RIGHT AFTER. You think Nick did that on purpose to excite the Zutara fanatics/fangirls?

7. MonCappy

MonCappy Fifth Year

The Zutara fans really piss me off. I can't see it ever happening for the simple reason that there is too much bad blood between Zuko and Katara for it to be possible. At most they would be friends.

8. LogrusMage

Actually, it's pretty easily doable, fic wise. They have that whole moment in the crystal caves.

Personally, I've come to despise Zutara. However, it isn't like H/G, where it ruins a fic. My favorite Avatar author (the only one I like as a whole) is a Zutara writer. The problem is, many authors have it in their heads that Zutara is one of those "destined" pairings... ugh... Any time destiny plays a role in romance, it is going to blow.

Blutara, or Blue Paint, however, I like. Mainly because they're the only fics with the Blue Spirit, who is by far my favorite character (he's Zuko minus the inner arrogant-pussy).

Aang/Katara also sucks. Aang is such a boring character about 90% of the time. It's hard to make him interesting. That's why people gravitate to Zutara - Unlike Naruto, who can be made cool, Aang is who he is. So the fans naturally pair the most interesting male, Zuko, with the main female lead.

I'd like to see more Zuko/Toph, Zuko/Ty Lee, hell Zuko/Azula would be lulzy, done in Vash-style.

My favorite fic, however, is a Zuko-Sokka friendship/companionship fic. This is part of the reason why I loved The Boiling Rock. Zuko and Sokka have a great foil going on, but have enough similarities to work well together. Zuko and Toph interaction is also great. At this point, I'm actually adverse to Zuko-Katara interaction in canon.

Aang and Katara are, regrettably, the least interesting characters. Hopefully, the trailer-shown badass water bending Katara will be more to my liking. Thus far, however, my favorite characters are Zuko, Sokka, Suki, Azula, and Toph, in that specific order.

9. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

My favorite character is Roku, but I guess that's just me, as I always love the old sage (Dumbledore, Gandalf, Roku, etc.). Zutara seems to cliche to me too, but not because of the destiny thing. While that is retarded, I hate it because it's just been done too many times. The two opposites finding romance blah blah. People may hate it because it resembles H/G, but I hate it because for me it reeks of unrealistic R/H-ness.

I think Aang is as bring as he is because he's just a kid. He's not gonna have much to offer. He is a character model for the precocious child, and its only possible to develop a child too far before he ceases to be a child. I think he's gonna win using techniques unique to an Avatar. I'm specifically remembering when Roku cracks open the floor and brings up the magma. Now magma could fall under Earth or Fire, so it strikes me as something only an Avatar could do. More moves like that maybe would do it, but it's just a thought.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's interesting... we see advanced fire-bending in the form of lightning. Water-bending has blood-bending. Earth-bending seems to have metal as well, as an advanced form.

I'm curious as to what Air-bending's advanced form will be. I can't imagine them leaving that out. Or am I forgetting something?

11. afrojack

Air-Bending's master technique is climate control. Or at least, that's what I've heard.

12. Moeed

Moeed Third Year

Watched 314 and 315 people? Definitely worth the wait, awesome :D.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

... you just watched them? They've been out for a while now, dude. But yeah, they were cool.

I didn’t mean it like that, I meant that Aang would have to go around the world looking for air benders.

It’s my assumption that Airbender’s are born in every country, and only taken by the Air Nomad’s when they realize their power. It is impossible that all the Airbenders were killed, since they were primarily nomads. Since they were nomads, and since male and female Airbending novices are separated between the 4 temples (North and South for males, East and West for females), I can’t imagine that only air benders could give birth to air benders. It seems to go against their culture, unless they had arranged marriages for the sole purpose of procreating.

So I dunno, it's a question that has to be answered. In order for the Avatar to create balance in the world, he must revive the Air Nomads. And that is the Avatar's primary purpose, to maintain balance.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You have just stumbled upon the premise of 90% of Aang smut fics.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Which is why I don't read Avatar fanfiction. :p

Though, if someone has a really good one, I wouldn't mind reading it. o_O

16. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

When is the season starting up again?

17. LogrusMage

14 and 15 were leaked. So not for a loooong time.

Oh, and My prediction for the Avatar post-Series movie -

~Aang searches for airbenders.
    ~Zuko searches for his mother and/or establishes himself as Fire Lord and deals with ending the war
    ~Sokka/Suki go live on Kyoshi.
    ~Katara + Pakku go rebuild the Southern tribe.
    ~Toph deals with her parents.
    ~Some new threat arises, causing them to all reunite.
    ~Continue in a cliched, though awesome, manner. End with the discovery of Airbenders.

18. LogrusMage

As its been awhile, does this count as a double post? If so, someone tell me so I can go back and edit the last one... does editing bump a thread?

W/e

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4142225/1/The_Setting_Sun_The_Imminent_Dawn

This fic is freakin' awesome. Best written and by far the coolest premise in the Avatar fandom. I just finished chapter 8, and was compelled to share it.

Summery: Four years since Ozai's defeat, four years since the war's end, peace remains a distant dream. The former prince Zuko is on the run, while the Avatar is determined to turn the dream into reality, no matter what the cost.

If the update rate is at all smooth, this fic could very well tide me over until the last four episodes are finally released.

19. afrojack

Chapter 16 is going to air in about 20 minutes, Chapters 17 tomorrow, and a 2 hour movie Saturday at the same times. This is the end. Looks to be epic.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  20. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Watching it now. Shame they had so many filler episodes and now the ending seems rushed. They should of prolonged it a bit more and had more character development episodes. They went slow with the other seasons, they should of done the same in this one.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008