1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ChaosSora, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hm, ending was decent I suppose.

Not an epic ending, but definitely not a DH epilogue ending.

2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

They left a ridiculous amount of stuff completely unanswered... their better be some kind of tie up...

3. zeroskull21

zeroskull21 Card Captored and buttsecksed

Not the ending that it truly deserved, but overall it was pretty good. anlun, the whole Azula chain thing kinda made sense, since when she was chained up, she had her little melt down, but no doubt she could have melted them completely if she was her usual pyscho-firebending self. Also, anyone notice that lightning attacks seemed really easy when both Azula and Ozai where handing them out like Halloween candies.

Loved the Avatar State Aang near the end, just screamed power, which was what they were going for I guess.

Series was spectacular, little iffy about the live action movies, since the anime/cartoon was beautiful.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

The lightning was easier for them due to the comet. I'd imagine that Ozai's agility in flying was also due to the comet, though it also might be because of his natural prowess at fire bending.

And anyways, I don't think Azula should have been able to wield the blue fire/lightning, it's obvious she wasn't balanced and sure of herself.

5. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yeah, it was supposed to be backfiring. Strange. I enjoyed it though.

6. LogrusMage

Prodigious skill + comet power-up + the ability to control her own heart rate like a goddamn monk = Bad ass.

EDIT: Just finished watching the ending.

GOOD GOD THAT SHIT WAS EPIC

The Zuko v Azula battle was one of the best animated fights I've ever seen, bar none. Aang V Ozai and Avatar Aang V Ozai were equally as awesome.

There will be a movie. I mean, Christ, the Ozai/Zuko confrontation at the end was such an obvious set up for a post-series movie. If they don't do it, I will be pissed.

For all those bitching about the ending: Ozai got what he deserved. It would have been completely OOC for Aang to kill him. It was a bit rushed, but overall, I say it was a great ending to a great show. Though I must say... Aang was kind of a flat hero. Aang may be the "hero" but it sure feels like Zuko is the protagonist of the second and third books...

My only large gripe: giant turtle dues ex machina. And I can't even hold that against the show. It was too fitting. Plus it incorporated an old Native American legend I like (world on the back of a turle).

DOUBLE EDIT: As for Azula's meltdown, a lot of it was caused by Ty Lee and Mai turning on her. Add her father "treating her like Zuko" and she comes to a horrible realization: She is completely and totally alone and unloved. This manifested in the form of her mother. I think her break down was actually well done, a tad rushed, but over all fitting for her character. I think we'll see a reformed-Azula if there is a post-series animated movie.

Throwing it out there right now: if there is a movie, there will be a line for Azula akin or idenitcle to Zuko's "Why am I so bad at being good?" line, and Zuko will respond with an "It get's easier" schtick. Just saying it, just in case it happens as proof I predicted it :p

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  7. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

The Lion-Turtle was actually foreshadowed a bit in the second season. From some time while they were in that desert library.

The ending was good. Even pulling off some epic scenes.

The series as a whole suffered from only one really glaring flaw; the pacing. It had originally been a show for kids and whenever something of weight happened it jarred with the fast pace. But during the ending I really saw how far the show had come from those roots.

There were even some surprising moments of pathos. Especially the Azula scenes, as I had expected a Disney level of Villain Decay from watching the previews.

Have any of you seen the fanwank it generated? Haven't not seen this level of fail since the Harmonians got butthurt.

EDIT: History of Avatar's fanwank.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  8. Ancalion

Ancalion First Year

That first link was hysterical, people get so damn involved...I didn't think the series had a great setup for any romance anyway.

Finale was pretty decent, I think they should've had the elements combining in a more interesting way, but not a huge deal overall. I wonder what kind of story the supposed spin-off will have.

9. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

At first, and still, I thought that these have to be some of the most idiotic people on the planet. That pairing was not going to happen, in any way, shape, or form. They absolutely hated each other for almost 95% of the series.
    I thought to myself;
    "Why can't they just accept it as canon and give up already? It's ridiculous!"

And then it occurred to me. That is probably the exact same thing that H/G people think about us. Except perhaps stated less eloquently.

10. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Word around is there is going to be a movie trilogy for this, ment to cover the 3 books?

Ending combat scenes was awesomely epic but the way it ended left to much open that if there is going to be no post book then it'll suck major penis.

Shit i cant believe i only just found an Avatar thread on DLP, so kicking myself for not looking sooner.

11. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

I found the ending to be well done and I thought it tied things up pretty nicely. We'll know this Saturday (at least I think it's this Saturday) if we're getting any more Avatar episodes or if Mike and Bryan are moving on to a new cartoon. I believe there was a interview with them before season three came out that said nick had signed them on for three more seasons, but I don't know if nick is still letting them do three more season (probably still are since the final shattered records and was the most watched show on TV Saturday).

Then there are the rumors going around about three hour long movies to tie up all of the lose ends in Aang's story. So far there has been speculation about one focusing on Zuko's search for his mother, one on Aang trying to rebuild the Air Nomads and the third one no one is sure about.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Where are these speculations from? The only thing concrete is that there's going to be a trilogy of live action movies.

13. LogrusMage

Oh come on! The scene with Zuko and Ozai is obviously a post series movie set up. Why else would they include that scene at all? It isn't like they just forgot it was there...

There's been a lot of speculation about a spin off series, but I'm just guessing a movie.

Friday - July, 25th
    Hours: 7:30-9:15 PM

We'll find out soon, I guess.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  14. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

If they do have a movie to tie up loose ends, it'll be cool to see Aang either begin the movie as or finish it as a true master of all the elements. What I liked most about the show was Zuko and Aang's believable progression as benders. Aang will have done simply because of his immense talent, and Zuko will probably have progressed into the upper echelons of firebending as well, with the kind of power we've seen from the previous fire lords and Roku.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Logrus: What? Where is that from? And is it televised? o_O

16. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

It's a ComicCon panel, and judging from the others they've done there will be videos of it on the internet in no time.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the Q&A will be overrun with batshit!Zutara shippers?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  17. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

Really I'm kind of hoping this happens so Mike and Bryan can tell them all to STFU. But I can see why some Zutarians are upset, Mike and Bryan did troll them kind of hard with some of those Katara and Zuko scenes in the finale.

18. LogrusMage

All they did was feed the fucking flames lol. Zutara could have easily happened. Thank god it didn't... however I also hate Kataang

Seriously, I have an idea for a Azulaang post-series fic that I get closer to writing every time I hear a Zutarian whine or a kataang shipper cheer <_<. Would also include Zuko/Toph affair just to fuck with people...

(I'm using the <_< smiley way to much lately <_<)

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Pairings don't really affect me in the Avatar universe. I love most of the characters, and I can see them all happening. Well, maybe not Azula/Aang, but everything else at least. But as it is, I like the canon pairings. Katara/Aang, Sokka/Suki, Zuko/Mai. None of the characters are overly annoying, though Aang can be irritating with his pacifism.

20. LogrusMage

Zutara is annoying for many of the same reasons H/G is annoying: the fans of it think it's "destiny" and give bull shit reasoning in their fics with rushed romance.

All of the characters are awesome, and I have no problems with them. It's the fans that annoy me.

Azulaang is just a fun premise. However, I do dislike Kataang, mainly because of Aangs age and the premise under which he falls in love with her. Love at first sight pairings piss me off.