1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ScottPress, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

It's the kid from Iron Man 3, if I recall his name was Harley? I've seen speculation he'll take over the Iron Man role, or a form of it like Iron Lad but not sure how much I buy into it. Nice callback though at least.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The kid from Iron Man 3 - I had to ask earlier in the thread as well.

3. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

Same actor too interesting enough. That kid really grew up quick... or I am just getting older. I like the first option better though.

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It's the latter. Iron Man 3 came out 6 years ago. He was like 13 when that movie was filmed, he'd be 19-20ish by now

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I'm ancient :(

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I assume it has been discussed, but whatever happened to Vision? Why wasn't he back?

7. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Operating from memory here, but I think it was because he died/Thanos ripped the Mind Stone out of his head before the snap?

8. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    If that doesn't seem like enough to you, bringing Vision back could reasonably be argued to require bringing the Mind Stone back, which considering the cost of destroying them can then easily be said to have not been possible on top of undoing the snap.

9. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Pretty sure Shuri was close to finishing Vision 2.0, but since she was snapped there was no one to bring him back.

I don't think the Mind Stone would be involved. Banner said there would be enough of Vision's consciousness left to remake him without the stone, perhaps the best parts.

10. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

WandaVision for Disney+

Apparently there are already 6 shows in the can. So, he's coming back in some form or another. Possibly being reincarnated/repaired via Dr. Helen Cho, Professor Hulk, and the smartest person in the universe (Shuri) via the next generation Cradle.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So what- the only people Banner snapped to life were those that Thanos snapped away? Not those conventionally killed?

12. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

It appears that way. There was no one killed in any other way that we saw resurrected.

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tony spells it out in the film, he tells Bruce to just bring back everyone Thanos snapped away to the current time. Also, if Vision was back, I think we'd have seen him.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Tony didn’t want to fuck around to much with the snap, anyone snapped was brought back safely. That is all.

15. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tony just didn't want his daughter being snapped out of existence which would've happened if they brought everyone back to right after thanos snapped the first time, but logically that would've been the best choice imo. They wouldn't be dealing with all the ramifications yet and with everyone gathered at that moment they could've dealt with past thanos easier. But all the children born/conceived in the universe after the original snap would've been wiped out.

16. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I think you missed the part where they can't change the past. It was an impossibility by the rules of time travel they went with for what you propose to happen. Best they could do was bring back everyone who was gone to this point, essentially changing it from being snapped out of existence forever to being snapped out for 5 years.

17. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, you're right I completely forgot about the whole speech 'If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future'

18. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not to mention undoing the original snap was already a pretty titanic effort that might well have permanently crippled one of Hulk's limbs. The gauntlet probably gets harder to use the more caveats and clauses you add in, if only because it causes some pretty severe pain that would make it hard to focus on really complicated tasks. "Bring back everyone Thanos snapped" is a lot simpler than "Bring back everyone Thanos snapped, and also Vision and Black Widow and all the Wakandan troops who died in that battle and..."

Not to mention that once you start using the Gauntlet for things beyond undoing things beyond the snap itself you start getting horribly tempted to keep on using it. Why not bring back Quicksilver too, or fix Rhodey's spine damage? Let's bring back Tony's parents to, and revive Peggy and de-age her so Captain America doesn't have to travel back in time to be with her. Oh, and I bet Peter and Aunt May would like to have Uncle Ben back. You get the idea.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Also you'd need someone to wield the Stones each time, and even Hulk was pretty seriously injured by the Gauntlet. Also, I discussed this with someone earlier itt, there's the issue of being able to even comprehend what you're doing.

I actually argued that the Mind Stone should act like a mental booster, so you can make up a "wish" as elaborate as you need it to be, so you could reshape reality to exactly what you want it to be, essentially be God. But someone else said that the Mind Stone doesn't seem to do that in the movies, and I conceded, and as a result you can only use the Stones to make happen what you are able to imagine, and "bring back everyone Thanos snapped" is a much less complex idea than "that, but also caveats 1, 2 and 3 about Quicksilver, Vision, and Tony's mom".

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  20. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This, to me, was one of the plot points I loved most about Endgame. Thanos destroying the stones because they were nothing but temptation was such a great idea, and immediately threw out the comic book solution to the whole storyline.

There is definitely a part of me that is writing the "Steve snatches Peggy out of 1970 and brings her back to the present" fic that nobody wanted but I'm doing anyway. Sooo many ways you could mess with the time stone for deviations.