1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Awaken Sleeper by Water Mage - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Memory King, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

If Harry and Aurora had a kid would the kid have both HP powers and Summer powers? What kind of impact would this have on the balance of power between the two courts? Not only that, but would a "hybrid" fairy be more powerful, less powerful, more human? Interesting idea imo.

2. Garlak

Garlak Fifth Year

The kid would be a changeling...

What I'm curious about is... would the child have to Choose between having Summer's power, and HP-magic when they came of age? That might be an interesting dilemma; instead of blending the two magics, the children would have to choose between the human's magic, and the faerie's power...

3. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

A couple of interesting topics and lots of great points as well. Some have been really close to where I'm headed, and some have been way off. I'm glad this chapter was recieved well. I was worried the most about Mab's character. That was my first time ever writing her, so I hope she was as deliciously malvolent as Butcher makes her. Next chapter is Harry vs. Harry and it should be done by next week some time.

Oh and yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Sheeza on the subject about the Black Council.

4. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Told ya :)

For me, a Summer Queen suddenly going over on the fritz like that is way out of character, no matter what her motivations. Frankly, I didn't believe they were human enough to get emotionally bogged down with all the war and fighting.

5. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

It's your story and you may do anything you like with it... But in canon the Mothers said the following:

Unless they were wrong, Aurora wasn't influenced by anyone.

6. Garlak

Garlak Fifth Year

It could have been refering to Aurora choosing to destroy the Faerie courts to save humans. Body and soul. It didn't necesarily have to be literal; it could've been a metaphor for how the closest parts of the Nevernever and Earth were related.

7. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I don't see them saying she wasn't controlled. I just see them saying she doesn't see what she's doing. Ie. Stupid shit.

8. Garlak

Garlak Fifth Year

... yeah pretty much what I was trying to say.

9. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

But they do say that she was acting true to her nature. While it doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility of the Black Council giving her a push into the right direction, it does mean she honestly wanted to end the circle of mindless violence. She had probably been hatching the plot for decades if not centuries.

10. Garlak

Garlak Fifth Year

It could be that the Mothers were simply... blindsided on this. Everyone else was, maybe they were too.

11. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

While ending the cycle may have been what she desired, she had apparently chosen not to do so for decade or centuries. The fact that she chose to do so, while the BC was active, and controlling pretty much everything else that went wrong, however, seems pretty unlikely.

12. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

Dude refer to the two Harry's differently. I kept hearing Harry attacked this or Harry said that and I am like a quarter of the way through the chapter and I've already had to stop and try to guess which Harry you were talking about 3 times.

Dresden = Harry Dresden

Harry = Harry Potter

Simple way to solve this right?

13. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Err... that's what he did. In the last chapter at least.

Good chapter btw. I love the Harryx2 interaction, and I'm eagerly looking forward to more. You had me fooled with Oberon, I thought Harry had stumbled on Lily by chance.

5/5 so far.

14. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

I must be loosing my mind. I went over the chapter to prove you wrong and I can't even find where I mixed the two up.

Edit: I found why I was confused. Sometimes you would have both Harry's doing something within the same paragraph and switch Harry's without telling anyone and it confused me greatly sometimes. I don't know what I was expecting but it was hard to follow which Harry we were on at any given time if their names were not mentioned and I thought you were calling them both Harry at one point since you kept switching characters then switching back and having Harry talk again and it made it confusing figuring out which Harry was doing what at what point.

Edit 2: Before I manage to sound like a complete bastard for not saying something nice I would like to say everything except the fast pace changing of Harry's in battle was awesome about this chapter. Although I wish we could have seen Dresden's soulgaze of Harry.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  15. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I was, too, confused by the names. Could you call them Older/Younger Harry or something distinctive so I don't have to read from context (which is not always clear) which Harry is which?

16. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Infinite HP lolz, you really couldn't say it any better.

17. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Agreed with JWH, I was fully convinced Harry was about to help Lily escape. :D Epic shit again, Water Mage.

18. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Was that bit about infinity times infinity poking fun at how many different ways Harry can appear in fandom?

19. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

^ This please. XD Almost my exact question.

The next chapter should be good.

20. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dresden has better aim than HP. Either that or HP's individual spells are weaker.