1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

We have 23 players, so I guess about 6-7 scums.

If it does contain the role list,it makes this vote that much more important. Who do you trust to have an unfairly awesome advantage.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

We're all so selfish. :3

LochNess has the right of it, though, in this post:

---------- Post automerged at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

The only person I trust is myself.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I'm a box and what is this?

No one knows what's in it, so specifically saying what you're going to doesn't make much sense. Every Town player will obviously use it for the benefit of the Town, if there is something to be used as a benefit for the town. Maybe it's just a rattle :D

Vote in Box: Sesc

Also, if we already start meta-gaming again, then I'd rather not Vesvius got it >_>

4. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

The reason people are saying what they'll do with it Sex is because they want to get it in the vote. Pretty simple. It's really just basic campaigning, full of fluff and little substance, while we all assume they'll do what's best for us.

And since the klackerz vote is going nowhere, which makes the most sense to me, considering everyone else, myself included, are just selfish...

Rescind Vote

Vote for Box: iLost

What will I do with it? No idea since I have no clue what's in it. Pointless conjecture is pointless and trying to figure it out is pointless. Either way, if it's a kill at night or something familiar, I'll ask the town's input. If it's an extra vote, the same.

5. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Oh, fuck you Sesc :(.

Yes, I suck. Which is why it's better that I get it then a few of the other candidates. Who would you rather have it, someone who's proved competent and thus would be terrifying with the box, or me, who is terrible and would thus become barely competent with the box?

Choose option B! Vote Ves in 2012.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

"Vesvius is terrible and that's why we give him The Box" is no better reason than "kaidash is competent, so let's kill him" (completely leaving aside if it's true). I was trying to not use meta reasoning at all :|

But I fear there's just not much reasoning left, if you take that out, and what-will-you-do-with-The-Box questions.

7. Ash

There's always VOTE FOR ASHAYA BECAUSE HER AVATAR IS AWESOME, AND SHE BRIGHTENS UP DLP WITH HER PINK-NESS.

That's totally what you all were thinking.

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

A box? Well well well... COULD IT BE A NINTENDO SIXTY PHOAR?!?!!

I know Christmas was two weeks ago but...

Vote for Box: Aziraphale

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The day I vote you for any sort of power role (possibly or not) is the day I invite Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, Robert Mugabe and the ghost of Josef Stalin over for a round of jelly shots and some hookers. This is also why you should vote to give me the box. It could hold Stalin's bones.

10. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

And then there's always "don't vote for Ashaya because her signature is taking away all the awesomeness her avatar might give her". Seriously, though, I never managed to read anything out of your posts, so no giving the box to you.

Well, three pages in and I'm already confused. Good game start? The mysterious box is mysterious, but I will hold voting and wait for some discussion. Also I'm not sure if I want the box. On the one hand, no risk no fun (and, well, kai SAID it would have "no negative effect", which seems quite clear). On the other, I'm inexperienced (and would not like to fuck up in my first mafia) and also do not want to die soon...

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    You* being Ashaya, in this case. Giving Ashaya power when she has a proven history of trolling these games would be like giving Jon another go at being Mayor.

12. Ash

I have a proven history of trolling these games and WINNING these games. Just saying, clearly my strategy works~

---------- Post automerged at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

And what, my dear, is wrong with my signature?

13. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

To be fair, you have a history of trolling, going ballistic at someone for thinking differently than you, dying, thumbsing up posts, then winning.

14. Ash

Lol, did you not see the pages of analyzing dhulli and myself did? I figured out that Riley had to have fucked up, even. AND I used my Marcone protection piercing kill on a very good target. That last bit was fairly vital in the quick win.

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I may joke around a lot, but when things get serious, I cut it out. I just like to add a bit of much needed silliness to these games.

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Important thing I forgot

Night kill survivals are anonymous, but it will be stated that a kill happened and failed. If multiple survivals happen in the same night, a kill failure message will be posted for each.
    People who survive night kills are informed that they survived an attempt on their life (but nobody else - outside of the obvious).

clear?

16. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

I don't like the picture. But then, I do not have much room to talk with my zebra down there, have I? ;)

And thanks for clearing that up, kai. We're really playing quite blindly here. It's going to be a surprise birthday present / role every time someone dies! Isn't that exciting?

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sooo.. multiple night kill roles and multiple roles that can survive them eh?

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Okay, something just occurred to me because of all this secrecy about the game mechanics. Are the roles you're given at the start immutable? So, for instance, a standard civilian-type is going to remain powerless, while this fluff's cop is going to see innocence/guilt and the scum are going to kill people every night?

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel like any roles that change mid game, without our foreknowledge would just throw all our predictions off. Personally I think kai would try and avoid that.

20. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Yeah. If there are changing roles, I would think they will know beforehand. Things like "if scum attempts to kill you, you become scum"...

Edit: Although we didn't have roles like this before, did we? Because if we didn't, they seem unlikely...