1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I do still feel a bit bad about winning by relative inactivity(somewhat specific, although personally also coinciding with the fact that I've been going on roughly two-to-four hours of sleep for the past two or more weeks)... but considering it was our best bet at victory, since there wasn't really a good chance at convincing the remaining Town to lynch each other near the end, I suppose it worked out in the end.

That being said, Sesc, at least, still put in the effort all the way up to the end, so credit given where credit is due.

2. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Same as LochNess, When you see our QTs you'll see how much we actually out into this game and winning. I'm very interested to see the full rolelist and ask some people why they did what they did. Also amazing how noone caught dhullis super mega scum slip (post #74 iirc)

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Yeah we had so much conversation about what to do in our QTs. I was mainly the big worry wart and probably the most annoying scum member second guessing everything.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I'm still looking forward for vindication on whether all of the gifts were Mod-RNG (like I thought they were) or not. Aziraphale was convinced that they were being provided by a role.

Also, it was somewhat amusing how anxious some people were about the potential of the Ink.

Either way, bring on the role list and QT's!

p.s. Also, thank you, KaiDASH, for hosting this surprisingly fun variation of Mafia games. Not knowing the roles until they were dead provided a certain tenseness that was kind of thrilling.

5. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Best game setup ever with the worst Town ever. At least in the games I played.

Vira was out so mafia had basically one extra player once every vote counted, and the rest of the town being lazy fucks unwilling to check the thread regularly made this unplayable. It's ridiculous that in the end, we had FOUR possible targets, and all of them turned out to be mafia -- but no one was lynched. That's just really, really pathetic. From everyone.

Also, here's something funny: If we had gotten one more vote for Fen (or four votes for someone we picked after discussing), I'd have used my two extra-votes, and we'd have gotten in a lynch. So feel free to blame yourselves. You know who you are.

That said, I want to commend LochNess, who totally wasn't on my radar until it was obvious, and the idea with Jangel at least partially worked, which turned out to be good enough for this Town :|

6. Azira

...what extra-votes? I'm guessing this is the "missing" gift from yesterday, Sesc?

7. Sesc

Yeah, I received two extra-votes.

I set my alarm clock to half an hour before deadline last day (which turned out to be five-something in the morning), ready to toss them in, but of course, I was alone in the thread and Fen still only had three votes. Haven't been that pissed in a while, tbh.

8. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

hmm ya. I was the one who gave out all the gifts. I was not town. I was the third party with very tough winning conditions.

Sesc should have used his gift yesterday to lynch Jangel.

Anyway this was a very fun game. Thanks Kai.

I don't think I will be playing mafia games for the forseeable future.

9. LochNess

klackerz, what was your win conditions?

10. Sesc

The thing was, klackerz, that I thought we had a lynch with Jangel. I missed that Anya had forgotten to bold her vote. And that aside, that part of the mafia-plan worked -- I was quite sure that Jangel was their lynch target, thus assuming he'd be innocent.

Also, just to clear that up -- did you know that I wasn't dead, or was that really just some weird mistake you made (inadvertently fucking over what remained from my failed plan)?

11. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

There should only be two towns or one scum alive in the end. And after seeing the way the town was playing I basically gave up on winning. <_<

---------- Post automerged at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

@Sesc: it was a honest to god true derp. I really don't know what I was doing at that time.

12. Sesc

Lol. That neatly fits with the rest, then. Of course that had to happen just when I was looking for someone to slip up. Fuck, what an epic fail all around >.<

13. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was pathetic to watch. :\

Thanks for hosting, Kai. I'm sort of disappoint in how it turned out, but none of it was your fault.

14. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Vira fucked over town by posting once every 5 days. 1 post every in-game day too good a rule, apparently.

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I want to stress that we wanted to get Jangel lynched. He would have survived it. He was a survivalist.

On one hand, I am glad that my record is still unspoiled, with this victory. On the other, this was indeed a little pathetic.

I still can't believe how much Mafia was fucked over by the roles. Seriously, if we hadn't killed so many people in Night 1, we would be incredibly hard-pressed to win.

I have to admit, watching Sesc rage and foam was incredibly amusing.

16. Azira

So Klackerz was a gift giving enchantress with ink and EL and Anya were his lovers? That's what we were thinking (kinda)

---------- Post automerged at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Rather we thought that Klackerz was a town enchantress that could use ink and one of EL or Anya were giving the gifts. Explain the fucking ink for us will you, it baffled us in mafia QT

17. LochNess

In the dead people QT they said the ink was a side game, two people got pens (dif colours) and whoever had the most people tagged and still alive at the end of the game won

18. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Me and Anya were Vanilla Townie Lovers.

We thought that either there was a Cupid who survived because of us, or there was a Mafia Enchantress.

Anyway, it was a good game, but I think that town are significantly more disadvantaged than mafia with not knowing the roles.

Thanks for hosting Kai, I enjoyed it, but I'm sorry it didn't turn out that well in the end.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Incredibly irritating to watch. I don't know why people bother to sign up if they don't play. Even if they don't look for scum, having a vote and just bandwaggoning is enough... Bah. Mafia was smart with their multi kill the first day though.

20. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    klackerz, how did you survive the NK?