1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I'm assuming it's like other 'hunt games. Vote for box/mayor, then lynch vote.

2. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

So when would the lynch vote start since it is a plurality vote not a majority vote for the box.

3. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Huh, that's actually a good point. Hey Kai! When will we know when we've reached the winner of the box? When everyone has voted, or at the end of the day?

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I quote..

5. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Seems to imply we are only voting for this. That seems to imply that this box is a BIG DEAL, we really need to be careful who gets it. This isn't like normal lump/mayor, where you just gift it to someone and move on. I feel this box could be pivotal to the game.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    And say we do vote for someone, how do we know if he's scum or town? This is Day 1, we can't be sure about anything.

7. LochNess

Yeah Kalas, I had seen that but I wasn't sure if we were also doing a lynch today. Okay then since it seems we aren't, I am deifnitely not jumping into voting yet as it hasn't even been 24 hours. The more time for discussion, the more time for scum to slip up!

8. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

All the careful thinking and discussing doesn't change the fact this is like lynching day one. It just seems to be a shot in the dark whether scum or town get it.

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I don't know... I'm pretty sure we get to lynch someone today as well... That's how all the past games have went, but let's wait for kai to confirm first..

10. LochNess

Republic, we won't know unless a scum derps really hard. But the more discussion we have, the more clues we can pick up for later at least, even if the conversations dont tell us much now.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ This.

kai never mentioned the lynch vote so.. maybe box is a fun way to get around the blind Day 1 lynch? Boxholder decides who lives or dies night 1?

---------- Post automerged at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

And by night 1 I mean Day 1.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Pretty sure Box votes have nothing to do with Lynch votes. We can still lynch someone Day 1. It's going toward No Lynch, but that's our choice.

13. LochNess

We still have over 2 days until day end so I wouldn't say it is going towards no lynch... Once we get it cleared up by Kai we will be able to progress better. If there is a lynch going on simutaneously with the box vote, I think we should definitely make the lynch. Obviously we don't know the roles but a) we can see the voting patterns (and already start comparing to the box votes) and b) maybe we have someone who can see in the votes how many guilty/ non guilty people voted or something similar.

14. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm honestly not sure why Kalas voted for me, other then him having a fair read on my play style.

Reasons why I should get the box? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is that I'm entirely expendable. My role, while nice for the town, is nothing vital. As a player, I've had my terrible moments and my ok moments. So I can take this target on my back and if someone takes a shot at it, then the town as a whole loses nothing.

As to why I want, I assume it'll give me something to do. My role isn't exactly passive, but it's close and it's certainly not an infogiver. While I'll comb the threads and try to find scum as always, I'm pretty bad at it. This might actually take me from pretty bad to actually competent!

As to my rivals in this here political election, I say this: Ashaya, while a good player, is so good that it's impossible to get a read on her. In every game we've played together, when we weren't scum buddies, I've had no read on her whatsoever. Wouldn't you rather your boxholder be a bit more transparent? And Jwlk? Umm... I've got no idea what I've got over Jwlk. We have pretty much the same play style and level of experience.

Um... My Avatar's Batman. Much cooler then his.

Vote Ves!

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Why did the game have to start at a quarter to three in the morning :?

Meh, whatever, I doubt I could get a fancy-schmancy box anyway. As for Ashaya vs. Jwlk, I honestly don't know. Ashaya is, well, herself, and all that entails, for better or for worse. As for Jwlk, I can't say that I really know enough about him to make an informed decision either.

(Any other candidates don't really have enough votes yet to be properly considered, but time will tell.)

Either way, for now, we have plenty of time remaining, and there was indication that we may be voting just for the winner of the box. So, I'll wait a bit more before voting. I'm home now, so it's not like I'll be going anywhere most likely.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ohai.

Vote Rep.

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I know I won't be elected, but dammit, Vesvius played the Batman card.

17. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Sorry I haven't posted before now, been busy.

I'd vote for myself, but I doubt anyone will follow that up since I got Calz in femmafia... sooo. I'm going to vote that Vesvius get that box 'coz Batman.

Vote for box: Vesvius.

18. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I honestly have no idea who I'm going to give the box to, although I have to say I'm not giving it to Ashaya since no offence, I just don't trust you at all :3. Also, any chance we could get a count of the current votes Kai?

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

All roles that are pro town are helpful to town and would be bad if they died :l I don't think there are roles that have that small a role? And your avatar's not that cool >_> I've seen better....<_<

And Fen we've played like a million games together! Vote for me because Vesvius stole my expendable reason :l He's stealing, thats not the kinda person you want for the hobo's box, is it?

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, so I've done a whole bunch of thinking about this game, and how difficult it's going to be for both sides to win.

By the method of delivery, I can almost see Kai not telling us what the box even does, so it becomes yet another thing that Town can use against Scum, or Scum can use against Town.

Faction reads are the only way forwards, and I really don't have any damn reads on anyone, so I think we should give the box to a random lurker.