1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batmafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am actually really pretty even more sure than I was before.

He didn't do enough in WitchHunt for his playstyle to really tattoo itself onto my heart, but I'll keep an eye on him to make sure he keeps quacking.

What do you think of me? Also, are you a scoundrel?

Another game I was in was getting really intense and it just finished up. Now this is the only game I'm in so I'm ready to rumble.

TerRaine, why you gotta butt heads with town!Lyrium?

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Aye.

Quanksor - continuing to bring up massclaiming as a positive to Town despite multiple rebuttals that Riddler can play bloody murder with our names at the drop of a dime. Yes, that will probably turn out helpful once we have it in Mod Writing that Riddler is Committed, but Citrus lays it out just fine what happens if for whatever reason Clayface is still around. The only good is that, if I understand the flavor correctly, if Killer Croc Devours the Riddler he will be out of Clayface's realm of take over - but we would still be in the dark over if Riddler was still alive or not! Quanksor is the only one on my list that I feel solid enough on to vote for.

Riley - lackadaisical response to Lyr's questions; general misinformation afterward in the next few posts. I don't know Riley's meta, so honest mistake or deliberate act?

Kento Kraitos - first read his post via mobile, I misunderstood a couple of the points he jotted down on role changes. Nullish leaning town after reading it over again now at the desktop.

Sloth|Snowvon - already noted I don't care for Snowvon's fluff(see lawling through Lyr's questions); reminds me of Titus CYS. Only meta I have on Snowvon is last game so I'm trying to compare. Sloth - slight null leaning scum; voted for His fluffiness who I have as high Town read alongside you and Ves.

Lyr - asking questions, making follow ups, so far so good.

TerRaine|Vesvius|His fluffiness - up until the Titus v Lyr Part II: Electric TerRoogaloo mess over the past page, you hadn't done anything to ping suspicious. Ves - brought up the point that a bad Batman is liable to do more harm than good to us. Hf - decent posts so far. No Scum vibes.

3. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

TerRaine, unless Two Face decides to kill me I shall be here later this week. I hope (fingers crossed, God willing).

What I feel like you're saying is, "Lyrium pointed out a scum interaction between two scum and kept bringing it up but lacked follow through on getting scum lynched." I mean I need to find an link to the interaction analysis post I did between you and Kalas which was my first major step to trying to work on analysis rather than instinct and vibes which are my go to and serve me well except in making cases.

My only real problem (discounting the Titus thing and the role mishap due to bastardness) was I wasn't confident enough in my reads so that when a player I thought was town side wouldn't vote for you I kind of gave up. Which is not happening this game.

I also feel kind of bad because it feels like you have some emotions that need to get out from the last game. Usually, during the game I am on an emotional roller coaster and my QT (if I get one) helps with some of the angst and after it its like catharsis. I was happy about that game because I kind of took some steps forward as a player and also seeing Lucky win after being declaimed as a not so awesome player was nice.

It sucked that your second game on here was scum - my first game as scum was terrible due to feelings of guilt.

That said, no town player other than like The Question or other seer\cop roles could say, "I know for a fact that X is scum based on this info I got" and even they have a tiny chance of being wrong (for example in this game if there is Penguin then they actually have one wrong thing).

You started it, I intend to finish it one way or the other. No more Lyrium waffling since the advice I got was when you suspect someone take them to the grave or die trying.

*hugs* even if you are scum.

4. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

That's the funny thing I don't see why we should be butting heads we're on the same team.

Eh. Not really what I'm saying Lyr but yes I guess that is part of it. What I am saying is you saw an interaction between 2 players and made it into something it wasn't. They just happened to be scum in the end. The twisting the words issue though isn't going to work on a lot of players though. They're just going to turn around and post their words again and point out you're exaggerating like crazy to make your theory work unless you bring up other actual instances.

So in the end yea...You're right you do need more follow through. But that's not what I was saying in that post.

That's the thing. I didn't start anything. I pointed out this was your town game from what I've seen and you got defensive calling it as doubtcasting.

Anyone who played with me last game knows this. I LOVED being scum. So I'm not going to pretend I didn't cause that disingenuous and suspicious as fuck.

This is my first game without any training wheels. No Mentor and no fonti to point out when I'm fucking shit up. I'm loving being town again for the first time on my own though.

---------- Post automerged at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Also *hugs* hugs are fun ^^

5. Quanksor

Quanksor Muggle

That would be a wonderful reason vote for me, except for the fact that it is literally
    the
    opposite
    of
    the
    truth.
    So, the question in my mind is, are you scum trying to put words in my mouth to get me lynched, or just incompetent town?
    I'm leaning towards the former right now.
    Just to be safe, Lynch Zenzao.

6. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Quank those quotes are all well and good cept you still have the issue of Clayface. Massclaiming if Clayface can pick riddler is STILL a bad idea.

Town seems agree that any idea of massclaiming at this point in time is scummy and useless. So let's stop talking about it (even about how its a bad idea) until it is not moot and scumhunt.

Quank why do you feel ZZ might be scum other than his suspicions of you? Any idea on who is aligned with him based on his interactions here?

7. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I realize Fonti isn't playing, just did a quick read of the original live list posted. Sorry about that.

Vesvius is a seasoned player so natural wariness occurs. Lack of posting only makes it more so. However, with more than a week left, I'm holding out first judgement.

Lyrium is someone I'm wary of but more because in this game, analysis will be key I think. Which sucks since I'm a terrible analysis player.

By experience, I meant meta knowledge mixed with general skimming of threads I wasn't in.

@Snowvon: you should just directly ask me questions. I'm trying not to clutter up the thread with my thoughts and opinions to limit the confusion scum can build on my posts. It worked well for them in the past so I want to diminish their ability to do so this time.

Lynch Vote: Vesvius I know you're a much stronger player than this. Post more please.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Town block so far: Schrodinger, TerRaine, Zenzao, Riley, Quanksor

Lyrium, the reason I asked about when Penguin/Bane picked is because it's slightly unclear in the setup. My guess is it would be during pre-game, but I wanted to see how you respond. My reason being scum may feel wary about giving a straight answer because only they would know. This is why it pinged my radar that you kept quoting the opening post - doing so is avoiding giving a straight answer, which is something I'd expect scum to do in this case.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Scum are in: Snowvon, Aekiel, Lyrium, Sloth, TerRaine, Qgqqqqq, Vesvius, Nemrut, Atum, His fluffiness, Fishy Justice, Kento Kraitos

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's not clutter if you present your thoughts and opinions in as straightforward a manner as possible. Your words are valuable to me and everyone else who isn't a dirty scumlord.

Quanksor, why are you leaning towards scum!Zenzao? What does "just to be safe" mean in regards to your vote?

---------- Post automerged at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Zenzao, my fluff is what keeps the world turning and the Sun burning bright. It also usually means I'm town because it's hard to fake being happy and carefree, believe me.

I'm sorry our first game together had to be Neutral vs. Town because now I feel like your first impression of me has been tainted forever.

10. Lyrium

TerRaine,

Let me be clear. I think your argument is ridiculous. First, do not speak for other players if anyone has an issue with my style of play they have the ability to bring it up. Second analysis is interpretation of evidence and when you were scum you were trying to take posts and manipulate it to make town seem like scum

As town, players do the same thing except its not manipulation its interpretation. You were scum last game so my attempts to point that out were valid and to the game.

Your entire hissy fit seems centered around preventing me from making statements. By your advice Titus is a bad player because she interpreted every statement I made as scum and made plots out of what I was saying. However, she's an excellent player who actually was manipulated by Kalas and was right about Fonti.

Therefore, speak to specifics. In this game when someone misinterprets your words you discuss, debate or ignore them. You don't tell them to not play the game.

I don't even know what your problem is but instead of making blanket statements in order to school me in how to play mafia, play the game.

How about you do a reads list?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hey snowvon. You've got 2 shots in a role-gun.

Which roles do you shoot and why?

You now have 3 shots in a normal gun.

Who do you shoot and why?

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote: Schrodinger

He has stuck out to me for not posting many opinions, and for spending a lot of time justifying his lack of opinions.

However, I am still suspicious of Quanksor.

13. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Where did I do that? Honestly I’m sorry if it seemed I did but I’m confused where I spoke for anyone other than myself. Could you point it out to me? I’m not being a bitch I really don’t know where it looks like I did that.

Lyr I’m not an idiot. XD I really don’t need you to explain the scum makes town look like scum and town tries to unveil it.

You can disagree with me all you like but I felt that your initial push on me in that game relied on weak analysis and exaggeration. I point out someone did something that seemed to be scum hunting and you turned around and said I cleared them.

I saw signs of it again here with your implication that I said people shouldn’t come forward and took it as a town sign for you.

Lyr…you’re taking this all WAY to personally. I’m not preventing you from anything or calling anyone a bad player.

I have pointed to specifics I have used quotes. I never told you not to play the game so stop throwing a fucking tantrum and take your own advice. You’re spiraling and getting twitchy over me having a town read on you.

You'll get my read list when I am damn good and ready to give it.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well shit, that's even weaker than I thought it was. In that case it's a dedicated claim-firmer. Gather as much useful info as possible in order to verify claims later on in the game.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Pretty sure Shrodinger and Quanksor are both town

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Any reason why Schrodinger is Town?

Because to me, Schrodinger is just fluffposting a lot.

17. Lyrium

TerRaine,

I can't quote well using my phone but post #104, first paragraph re how players will react to me. You talk about you and I talk about myself.

Again, in a game where you were scum, I picked out a scum interaction between you and Fontisian. You might disagree with my interpretation of the interaction but it was a scum interaction in which you and Fonti tried to give each other faux townie points.

So, 1. That game is over and you are more fixated on that then giving reads for the current game and 2. If you wish to discuss this further, use the CYS thread or create a new one.

And 3. I'm not partial to comments that make it seem like I'm a stupid player. I worked hard last game to make reads and try to do analysis rather than sheep stronger players. My arguments may need work but they weren't made up. You and another scum had an interaction where you tried to give each other townie points on nebulous reasons.

When I've done something that is anti game or against the rules in this game then please bring it up.

Otherwise in the words of my dear Fonti, one of the few people I would take advice from on how to play: Be useful.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Something is striking me as off about TerRaine. She started off the exchange with Lyrium being very forthright, confident and certain about what she was saying, then immediately backtracked her position and continued to do so until she found a position that was more easily defended. Check these two quotes.

They're saying very similar things, but the difference in wording is gigantic. Smells like an attempt at WINE. I'm not seeing this as a plausible reason for her being scum, but it could be an indication of her being the Riddler.

I think I can see why Lyrium is taking this badly. There's something about TerRaine's choice of wording that is sending up red flags for me.

The bolded part reads wrong to me, as though she's thinking of herself as not part of town.

All in all, I'm not liking her play so far and would put her as more likely to be the Riddler than scum.

Vote: TerRaine

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lyrium, please don't bring up/discuss things to death from previous games. Despite what you say, I for one am not seeing any signs that TerRaine is still upset about the previous game or anything, so it doesn't need to be analysed, and cluttering the thread with past analysis/useless argumentation isn't useful.

I don't know why you asked if anyone disliked your playstyle, but I actually don't. The way you play read strongly scummy to me last game, and I'm already getting that impression again - which is not to say that I think you are, but that I read you in such a way that you feel anti-town. Then again, if you suddenly start feeling town, you'll probably be scum.

I voted you earlier because of what happened in the filler game, and wanting to get an impression of you from the outset/to try and clarify that. Also the way you posted a list of short, rapid-fire questions seemed quite scummy to me, especially given many of them weren't useful to the game and thus created a lot of filler. 'Course, as established, I clearly don't have any skill at reading you, but you're on my scale regardless.

TerRaine feels quite towny. Citrus again feels very reasonable (so probably scum ;) ). Quanksor's discussion of massclaiming ad infinitum did feel rather scummy, but I'm inclined to feel its more the result of inexperience.

Riley, please fill the thread with your thoughts and opinions. We need them to make any real progress.

Vesvius, how would a town role - Batman - be anywhere near as bad as literally any of the scum roles (including Croc who can kill and an autolyncher)? Not to mention that Batman's serves as protection alongside the roleblock and offers an oppurtunity for out of thread communication (if with one identity hidden). Whilst I get the point about how town roles can be used badly with negative consequences, this doesn't really fit - especially with Green Arrow (straight roleblock), Booster Gold (switcher) and Catwoman also having a much higher propensity to cause fuckups. That you chose Batman is something that read as especially odd. Care to explain?

Sloth, what did you find suspicious about Nemrut's Q4 in '51? Specifically.

Atum, I ask in-thread normally, or if I think the town can benefit. Out of thread if its something related to my role or that points to my role or if I don't want others to know I asked/know the answer. But mostly in thread.

And I'm up to date on my oddly-arranged catch up. Sorry for the word dump, all.

Let's vote: Fishy Justice, for activity (I don't believe he's posted).

Oh and something that didn't arise as anything I needed to respond to, but something that's a general read from posts: Aekiel feels quite townish. Asking the right questions, posting useful stuff, and not cluttering.

Composed immediately after post 111.

20. Lyrium

Agent Q, reread the interaction. I'm not the one who brought up previous games but I do intend to articulate my response to that odd situation in which TerRaine brings up her scum game and my scum read of her with the latter being portrayed by her as problematic.

Ask questions of me, interrogate, discuss...

I will follow up on the rest later.