1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Like, I get that some people are more used to this game, but please don't use things like RVS or IGMEOH. I have no bloody clue what that means.

Also Fen, that is the joke.

---------- Post automerged at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

God damn it, my ISP must be horrible or DLP is lagging slightly.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

"Not enough for a vote, I guess, but my eye is on you."
    "Again, too early to tell anything concrete, but I don't like it."
    "I'd be unsure of which side. Probably scum"
    "Bah. I don't know, that's all I've for now"

Vote: Typhon

3. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

What makes you not like what I said?

When all is said and done, Day 1 would always be a lynch made by people reading too much on what other people said (derpy or otherwise). Even if we lynch someone based on some derpy post, it wouldn't change the fact that we have zero information when we decide to lynch someone. All we have are baseless assumptions which leads to a random lynch.

What's important, however, is the information we get after people vote.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

yeah this is why it's a bad idea. If we just settle on a random person to lynch it means nobody has to take strong positions and on D2 we're in basically the same place only with 2+ fewer players. Information comes from debate which comes from real stakes and people having to have real opinions.

Historically this probably isn't a scummy suggestion though since pretty much every mafia game on DLP has had someone suggest a no lynch or random lynch.

5. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I propose a penis measuring contest to determine the first lynchee. Whoever claims to have the biggest peen gets lynched. This creates a psychological byplay: admit you have a small dick and allow me to put it as my sig quote, or get lynched. I think this will be a good way to find scum.

6. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Schro, that puts all the ladies at a very big advantage...

7. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think you still have an edge, to be honest.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

First off, I don't like the bandwagon Rubicon, especially Wetnurse's vote. Rubicon is actually leaning town in my view and has been the main conversation driver so far, yet he is easily leading in votes.

Wetnurse: Day 1 lynches are important because they force people to begin to take positions and get into arguments. We need to start to weed out scum somewhere. There's enough content in the thread at the moment for you to give some reasoning for your votes.

Typhon: This indecisiveness is new. Mind putting a vote down?

Rubicon: What do you think of Kalas? Also, would you mind saying Unvote or some variation whenever you change your vote around?

Schro: I freely admit that I do not have a large penis.

Unvote: Rubicon
    Vote: Typhon

Since I already made this for my own use:
    Day 1 Votes
    fontisian vote Rubicon (1)
    Rubicon vote Kalas (1)
    Typhon vote fontisian (1)
    SmileOfTheKill vote Aekiel (1)
    Menace vote Aekiel (2)
    BillDoor vote Kalas (2)
    Rents vote Schrodinger (1)
    Rubicon unvote Kalas (1) vote SmileOfTheKill (1)
    Kalas vote SmileOfTheKill (2)
    Schrodinger vote Rubicon (2)
    Wetnurse vote Rubicon (3)
    Fenraellis vote Rubicon (4)
    Rubicon unvote SmileOfTheKill (1) vote Typhon (1)
    fontisian unvote Rubicon (1) vote Typhon (2)

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Your initial post was a shot in the dark, which is why

is just you trying to build towncred. After that? Yeah he got defensive. So pressure him till your happy. Don't stop the second someone throws a little doubt about you your way.

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

RVS = Random voting stage

IGMEOH = I got my eye on him/her

Or something along those lines.

11. SmileOfTheKill

Thanks Bill. Hmmm... L4D time...

Quick look at posts.

Jwlk, LockNess, Moridin, and Sesc has yet to post anything. Mind, I have no clue on their timezones but I just wanted to make this note.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I ask of you, are you my Master?

I want to be a Holy-Loli again, except without IMBA-Gil...

13. SmileOfTheKill

Oh lordy, I still love what happened Fen. That game was something else.

It would be nice to know I could trust you like before! IMBA-Gil though, god damn. I'm still amazed people pretended Gil wasn't IP.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Anyway, I suppose Rubicon was probably joking, in retrospect, but it still sounds(ed) off to me. Then again, I doubt he would so candidly throw out a follow-up claim like Doctor if he was even remotely serious. Unless he's trying to make us think he's innocent through feigned ridiculousness.

...argh

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Why do you hate Uncle Stojilil?

16. SmileOfTheKill

Because I am dumb and failed to properly Ctrl-F his name.

Also Fen, that is the joke.

17. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I honestly figured Rubicon was joking because, you know, Ender Wiggin is the one role that is least likely to be vanilla, right? In the same vein, the Doctor claim would be a callback to the previous game. As such, I'm just ignoring that. Feel free to correct me if you actually are claiming, Rubicon.

I don't like the interplay between Rubicon and Wetnurse. It's just a random vote with no real basis for it, which means it won't hold up in the future, while it distances the two of them from one another (which, IIRC, Rubicon and Fontisian did on D1 last game). While Wetnurse's reasoning is understandable from a newer player, it did give Rubicon the chance to jump in and prove his towncred by emphasising something we already know.

I also don't like Smile's post, especially about the paranoia. Like Rubicon and Kalas said, we weren't paranoid enough, and the implication otherwise is... disquieting. Could be it's just a differing interpretation (although I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that one), but still.

I also don't like #31. While Kalas is correct in that Rubicon was doing no more than throwing votes around, Smile's follow up post was a bit defensive, and as Rubicon said, pointing out that votes are without substance is a great way to dispel pressure - indeed, it's entirely possible that's what Kalas intended. Again, this creates a byplay with #29 providing an easy town response, while #31 follows up to subvert any additional pressure - which did seem to end up happening.

My laptop's about to die and I can't charge for a bit yet, so this is all for now. Will read further and comment in a bit.

18. SmileOfTheKill

Alright, at this point nothing I will say will stop people for distrusting me, but then again that is par for the course.

However, I will state why I said paranoia. Sesc over analyzed it and played his hand. He was directly on a scum at some point, but his own paranoia got to him. I judged him while being an obs to be one of the best chance town had for winning, but he got killed. His paranoia cost the town the game since everyone else was a durp and mod-gamed themselves to death. I even called out prop or whoever to be town!scum on how bad he was. It was as simple as that. My memory is also a bit bad as I wasn't that into the game, I lost my enthusiasm even as an obs when I was switched out. I commented on the people who did not post since I figured people would stop bothering me about the statement but that was on my stupidity to think that.

On the idea of me being defensive, yes. I am. I do not want to be that one unlucky whore that dies on the first day.

On my opinion who is scum? I'm not that great at these games. No one to me is having any scum tells and that is because I am bad at these games. I hope Rubicon/Kalas are since they are annoying, but that is all it is.

ALSO SCREW YOU DLP SERVER! STOP WITH THE LAGGING AND DATABASE ERRRORS!

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Glad that DLP is back up, I was trying to post right as it went down.

I know it's a joke, and that in and of itself is the problem, if you can't tell.

Just trying to decide if he's trying to play off being extra silly as a method of 'Scum wouldn't try to draw so much attention so early,' when we both know that's patently false. It's also a common bluff.

Then again, he's been a bit more sensible aside from that, and there are certainly others to look at alongside that, if not explicitly alongside him, for that matter.

Schro, Font, and even your own defensiveness, relatively understandable, but still, are certainly things I've considered.

-----

On a semi-related note, after having my mother over for dinner, and after walking her home, I randomly got into a conversation about Mafia with her. It ended up with me regaling her in particular about our Pseudo-Mafia F/SN game, and even explaining the background of F/SN itself to her.

It was... odd.

20. SmileOfTheKill

Meh, I wouldn't enjoy these games if one couldn't make a joke. Bit dumb in a certain way as it causes drama, but posting causes drama.

Also I laugh at what you are saying for Mafia. I am thinking the best way to explain it if needed but the one thing I would agree on is do not bring high power/complicated Mafia games, such as what you said.

Goodnighttttttt! I say this to make sure I sleep.