1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Sorry for being away all day... and what? Someone just loudly said "Booby-yeah" outside my window.

Anyway, as it's been asked several times, my vote on Rubicon was because of his joke role-claiming, and really completely unrelated to existing votes. It just reeked of someone trying to act silly in-game to seem innocent. Still not particularly convinced of otherwise. So for now, my vote stays as is.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

See, I don't get this. Both you and Typhon seem to echo a similar feeling. Going with gut feeling isn't bad. It's pressure. Pressure that's put on someone, letting you as well as the rest of us observe their reaction. It's definitely a hell of a lot better than just letting stuff sit without provoking any kind of reaction. Your gut feelings are usually wrong? Doesn't matter, we have a pretty long day, so there's enough time for you to re-evaluate before the final lynch.

Sorry, no, I don't agree with this reasoning at all.

Waiting on Smile to respond, but Aekiel is looking worse and worse in my opinion.

3. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I did respond you durp.

4. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

<_<

>_>

Everything about it felt fake, so they are likely not on the same team? What?

Agreed. I'd say it's more than annoying, though. Downright scummy.

Safe play is generally not a good thing for town.

It is considered town, but barring scum stupidity or luck the odds are in favour of lynching a town player. The information tradeoff makes it worth it, though (assuming we don't lynch a crucial power role, of course).

Wait, what? Bill Door hyper aggressive?

So, I assume you consider them both town from the tone of your posts?

So, to sum up... what? You haven't actually brought pressure on anyone with this post, not even Menace or Sesc, who you said needed more substance, or Aekiel, with whom your vote rests. The Rubicon/Kalas conclusion also confuses me.

My vote stays where it is.

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Sorry, I meant post.

5. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Alright, let me say this.

Uncle Stojil and whoever else, I get giving thumps up on just single post jokes that offer nothing but jokes. Giving a thumps up for serious posts are annoying since it offers nothing.

I like leaving my lynch on Aekiel, so I didn't see a need to change it yet. For Sesc or Menace, I said I wanted them to post more and I will turn lynch towards them if they don't post anything. We have time, and I am not in a huge rush. Regardless of scum or not, not posting anything of value is bad for the town. I don't really pressure them hard since I don't know what is best to say, and other people are better. There is nothing really to say that would give more pressure besides, I want to see more of anything from them, and I would be willing to lynch.

Rubicon/Kalas, I don't know the best way to say it. They could easily be scum, but I just don't feel like they are on the same team.

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Alright, since annoying is not strong enough of a word, I mean it should be banned. Just say something straight out, this forum doesn't add to our posts anyways.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Fuck, I lost part of my post. :facepalm

A quick rewrite:

Moridin is looking good with back to back posts mirroring what I though almost exactly.

I disagree with his disagreement about day 1 distancing. I'm saying that it should never be read as distancing unless it has some kind of consequence (leads/redirects a lynch). If someone on day 4 rereads the Kalas/Rubicon thing and goes "oh, they can't possibly be together" because of it, they're bad and should feel bad.

Rescind
    Vote: Aekiel

He talks about info as if it could only be found in death-flips and voting patterns. Aekiel, it's your gajillionth game and you can't possibly think that.

And now for the part I actually saved.

I'm saying it's weird to even think about it, unless it concerns you. I honestly couldn't care less if there's a Bugger Queen in this game, will be fine/indifferent with/towards a Survivor kind of role, and anything crazier than that would be completely out of my reach, anyway. When I consider a close setup and the inherent lack-of-info quality of it, alternate wincons is the last thing that comes to mind, if at all.

It wasn't you calling him scum that gave that arrogant vibe. It was the "I figured out fontisian" joke and the quick "I'm onto something" one. And now the quote above, to be honest. Maybe scum Kalas really reacted aggressively against the player "accusing" him on freaking page 1, freaking post 4 of a 96 hours day, but that would make him the worst scum ever. I don't see it, not as a good reasoning, anyway.

She's soft with Typhon and especially Wetnurse, despite the random lynch suggestion and the vote on you, Rubicon, that she thinks it's suspicious. She only asks one question and it's directed at someone she thinks it's town, you, Rubicon, and she already has an answer for it, anyway. She posts a vote tally to look more helpful and generally her wording and post looks more than feels like town.

I didn't settle, but it's one of those things I myself hate going along the lines of "scum can't possibly be that out there", plus some minor vibes and tells more leaning towards town than scum. Post #72 is bad, though, for the reasons Moridin already gave.

Eido, do we know anything about the players that have yet to check in?

Riley, jwlk, LochNess
    and to a lesser extent Menace, Rents, Schro and Sesc.

Post. Now.

If Eido says so, I'll refrain from using them, but I honestly don't think they're bad. What they offer (beside the "good one!" meaning for jokes or something) is "I agree" which is better than rehashing a point that has already been made and doesn't really stop you from adding to it.

7. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So we think of different things in blind scenarios. Cool.

Eh? I've got more posts than anyone except Rubicon and Smile. I've 'checked in'
    plenty.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Quality (content) over quantity, bro.

9. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Ah, okay. As usual, you're my prime suspect for scum. You are far too skilled as, and should be lynched out of principle because otherwise you will carefully shepherd us into death.
    RESCIND VOTE: VOTE: Rubicon
    VOTE: Uncle Stojil

Rubicon is still my #1 suspect, though.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Let me quote you on why Rubicon is your #1 suspect:

Fantastic reasoning, and it holds up to 5 pages of content so well.

Maybe it's not me that is "far too skilled" or whatever nonsense, did you ever think of that? But all is relative, I suppose.

11. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Okay. I just finished over-analyzing people and I'll just weigh in.

Town Reads :

Uncle Stojil
    Kalas
    Moridin

Enough said about these three. They have made posts that contribute overall to the quality of conversation in this game.

Null Reads :

Bill Door - Posted some game info/strategy. Will have to reread his posts later to confirm if he looks town or null.

Schrodinger - Plenty posts with little content. Already mentioned by Uncle Stojil.

Menace - Just posted to check in while contributing little to the town conversation.

Aekiel - Regurgitating game info/strategy while mentioning IRL stuff to pad post length.

Smell Scummy :

Rubicon - Softclaims Ender Wiggin. Establishes himself a solid claim for later on if he finally receives a lot of heat mid/late game.

Typhon - Non-committal attack on me seems like scum trying to play safe.

SmileoftheKill - Padding post count by referring to a lot of previous games while contributing little information. Then starts to bury himself with more posts. I won't be unhappy if he gets lynched.

Rents - Disinterested town because of derpy power role or important power role playing low key. Could still be scum alluding to a weak town power role.

Fenraellis - Puts the fourth vote on the an accelerating Rubicon wagon.

Sesc - Riding the Rubicon bandwagon while using RL as an excuse (just like me)

Yet has to post :
    Jwlk
    Lochness
    Riley Poole - Always will seem scummy. Even in previous games (playing either scum or town) he almost always shows up on the end of the day.

---------- Post automerged at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

I think fontisian is missing in my post so I'll just go and say that she's a null leaning town.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Only because it's you, fonti. (Also, your plea to write Unvote for better keeping track of the votes goes for yourself as well -- you missed it, before switching to Typhon :p)

Sorry for being so lazy at the beginning of games, but I honestly work better when there's factual stuff like numbers and bandwagons around, and strategies and patterns to consider. Day 1 has the most usefulness retrospectively, not when it's happening.

But okay, there's stuff here now, so let's look at it.

Schrodinger: Stop being a derp.

I mean, really? And since when is

nonsense better when delivered in high dosages? Keep it up, and you move from "derpy town/Mafia couldn't possibly be as stupid as ..." to "no use to town either way, so might as well lynch". Just pointing this out.

Also, Stojil, fontisian & co, what is up with the Aekiel bandwagon? There are seriously more suspicious people. Bill Door feels like he has every time he has been Mafia, which is reason enough to put some votes on him. Then there is his raised awareness of Kalas, and conversations with Rubicon and Moridin that both had the effect of Towning a person (Kalas and Wetnurse, respectively), which could be artificial.

Rubicon isn't getting better either; if it wasn't an objectively silly thing to argue, I'd actually say he writes too much.

Of course, all feelings might be useless. Considering Riley, jwlk and Lochness are still AWOL, this could throw all indicators into disarray.

Unvote
    Vote: Bill Door

I did, in fact, say no such thing. As it happens, I disagree that Day 1 is inevitably random, so using me as an excuse for your view of how Day 1 lynches are decided does not work. You may keep your problem, thanks.

And again with the acronyms, I read Real Life there for five minutes >.<

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Well this thread is quiet.

Sesc: Why do you think Aekiel shouldn't be looked at?

Wetnurse: Why do you have Kalas down as a town read?

Menace: Are you alive, if so what do you think of Schrodinger?

---------- Post automerged at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Rents: What do you think of Aekiel?

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Paging Tyyyyyyyyyyyppppphon.

also why are you ignoring Sesc's vote & argument against you, Bill?

---------- Post automerged at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Wetnurse, I'm not Ender Wiggin, and if I were trying to "establish a soft claim" I wouldn't explicitly claim Ender Wiggin and I wouldn't do it as a joke... what, am I supposed to try to convince everybody that my joke was actually srs business later on?

not a big fan of this Aekiel wagon btw

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What argument against me? The vague meta reasoning that I feel like I am scum?

Or

If I'm reading this right he says that my giving Kalas and Wetnurse as town reads is because I am scum.

I don't really see what there is to respond to.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, I'm back with a substantial post now. Reads included. Most of this came from stream of thought as I was going through the thread, so apologies if I overlap with other peoples' reasonings.

Town Reads

Rubicon - Playing the hyper aggressive card and stimulating conversation is a pretty town way to play, especially on day one when we don't have info to work with. Currently my strongest town read. Still have doubts though, since I don't see the scumminess that he obviously does in Typhon.

Uncle Stojil - Doing much the same as Rubicon, but past experience has warned me about trusting Stojil much.

Null Reads

Fontisian - Leaning town read because I think I see a link between her and Rubicon. Her posts are founded in reason and evidence otherwise, suggestions about my innocence aside (hopefully this post will go a way to alleviating those doubts, since I haven't put much effort in so far).

Moridin - I'm leaning towards putting him as a town read because he seems to be fairly damn paranoid, which is generally a town trait at this stage in the game. Could be an attempt to doubtcast the strongest town read (Rubicon, though this is obviously subjective), so he goes in null reads.

Menace - Failed the Pulp Fiction test. I am disappoint. Otherwise doesn't seem to have made a mark at all. He's not posted anything of substance but has made his presence known. Leaning towards scum at this stage, but not quite there due to lack of evidence.

Wetnurse - I've explained my reasons before, I've got him down as derp town.

Bill Door - Aggressive, but mostly reactive. His only town reads so far have been given when answering a question from someone else. Could be a sign of doubtcasting and attempting to contribute without showing any links between himself and other players. True null read at this point though, since he could easily just be town with tunnel vision.

Smileofthekill - Leaning towards scum on weight of evidence, but also leaning towards derp town due to quality of evidence. He was excited at game start, which could be taken to suggest he's scum (I know I get a bit giddy when I roll scum) or just has a good town role. Null read, leaning slightly scumwise.

Typhon - Leaning town due to paranoia, suspicion on everyone and random lynch opinion. I'm not seeing the scumminess that Rubicon and Fontisian did.

Sesc - Hasn't posted much, but his one long post is fairly substantive, so I'm not going to put him in non-reads or scum reads. Needs to post more before I can decide either way.

Scum Reads

Fenraellis - Focusing on Rubicon despite not having a leg to stand on, vote wise. Could be overly paranoid town, but the rest of his posts don't reflect that stance at all. Hasn't contributed a single post to any other player and his posts about Rubicon border on idiocy.

Schrodinger - His posts read oddly. Very oddly. He's also the only one focusing on alternate wincons. Given that the wincon for town is always KILL ALL THE THINGS! it could be taken as a sign of scum/third party, since they need to think about these things more than town. His vote on Rubicon could be a sign of co-ordination wit Fenraellis, though the link is tenuous.

Non-Reads

Kalas, Rents, jwlk, LochNess and Riley. Get the fuck in here!

17. Schrodinger

High Score:
    I made one comment about alternate wincons because it's something to keep in mind. I've been playing too much Shadow Hunters. Sorry. And could you expand on me acting 'oddly'?

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I'm sorry for the delay, guys. My girlfriend left town this morning for a few days, and I was just returning from a brief vacation myself, so yesterday was the only time we had together for a bit. My next couple of days should be reasonably free, though, so this shouldn't happen any more.

That aside, I guess I'll address Moridin first:

I agree with Sesc's post #92; Bill is posting a bit more, which I appreciate, but he still feels scummy. His first post after I voted for him wasn't bad, but after that I didn't like how he was soft on Wetnurse. A favor that happened to be repaid in turn by Wetnurse, who implied in his read wall that a scummy Bill was unlikely because he posted "good game info". The fuck? I don't like that relationship at all, and things are looking worse for Wetnurse.

A poorly worded statement is one thing, and I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the random lynching; hell, that musing about Rent's role would've been better served in my personal QT than as a post, and I got called on it, so I understand, but repeated suspicious activity is... Well, suspicious.

Unvote
    Vote: Wetnurse

Smile is still bouncing around derping, with one clusterfuck of a post after another. That's one of my problems with this game so far, I suppose. Smile, Wetnurse, Schrodinger and Menace (and if this post is par for the course for me, I've probably forgotten another name) could all be considered "derp town" (most of them have been written off as such by various people, actually), but the chances of there not being a scum or two amongst them seems unlikely to me. The ridiculousness is making me wishy-washy on them. That actually applies to a lesser extent with Rubicon as well, although lately I'd call him a null leaning town.

Still, I can acknowledge why indecisiveness like that would make people uncomfortable, so I'll take some stronger positions.

Smile - null strongly leaning scum. Less scummy than Bill and Wetnurse, but probably third on my list at the moment. The overall crazy play, the defensiveness, and the ludicrous moment where he called Bill Door and Stojil's play comparable and hyper-aggressive all contribute.

Schrodinger - null, with a slight scum lean. I like that he's cognizant that a player like Stojil is very capable of ruining us if we accept him as town when he's actually scum, but he hasn't contributed my, if anything, and attempting to eliminate Stojil for no real reason besides "oh, he's just too good" is a bit silly.

Wetnurse I covered, and Menace I have little opinion about. I can't seem to get a feel for him.

For the more active players, I find myself nodding along with Moridin and Sesc's last post, so I'd probably give them town reads. Stojil is... Stojil. He's pretty much like he always is, which feels decent for now. He (alongside Moridin and fontisian) is always always dangerous to me, because they post like I think. Still, for now I think they're positive. font has been a bit weak, so I'd say more null leaning town than a town read for her, but otherwise I've been pleased with them.

Rubicon, like I said before, has been reasonably town. Silly, flippant, and perhaps over the top with his aggression thus far, but that's as valid a tactic (or perhaps even more valid) than my caution. I give him a null leaning town read as well, in the ballpark of font.

Kalas has been quiet, but comparing between this game and last that seems as though it might be characteristic. I didn't like his early exchange with Rubicon, but after that he faded off my radar. I'd really like to hear more out of him.

As for jwlk, Riley, LochNess, and to a (slightly) lesser extent, Rents, can we see replacements for them? That, or they're gonna have to get off their ass and post. This is getting ridiculous.

---------- Post automerged at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Shit, I skipped Aekiel. And doubled up on saying Rubicon was null leaning town. I've got like 5 minutes to hammer out an Aekiel section, so I'm going to try, and if I can't finish it I'll get back to it in about an hour when I get back home.

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Not really enough time, but I've both liked and disliked thing that Aekiel has done through the course of the game. I was leaning scum for the reasons Moridin pointed out earlier, but the read wall has mollified me, at a glance. He's the closest thing I have to a true null read (without having scoured his read wall to see how things hold up).

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Sorry for the delay, I'm using my gf's computer to post. I was typing out a lengthy response and my laptop keyboard went haywire. I'm looking for an external keyboard to temporarily resolve the issue, luckily I can play via my work computer so it shouldn't affect me too much now. Sorry for the silence. I will say however, that being able to read let me develop some feelings and ideas.

Aekiel - Defensive, this is usual. I'm not quite sure on town read yet as it's only first day but the target on his back is huge right now. I don't want to add to it yet unless we're sure.

Bill Door - Seems to be a smart town read to me, but that could easily be flipped if he and Smile or He and Wetnurse were buddies and are attempting to create content without meaning to obscure themselves.

Fenraellis - Herp derp, voted and now content to fade to the back. Not sure if scum or just quiet town but I'll let it go for now with more dangerous players still alive.

Fontisian - I struggle to remember how Font played the last game without actually going back and reading. I like what Fontisian has said so far though, so I'm leaning town-ish.

Jwlk - Is silent with no attempts at response so far.

Kalas - Not really sure what to make of him. Null for now, pending vote and night reaction.

LochNess - Also silent.

Menace - Never played with him, I'll lean on others analysis for now. Quiet scum.

Moridin - Pretty paranoid as Aekiel suggests, but doesn't mafia make us all paranoid, kind of a weird thing to say on Aekiel's part. Nonetheless, Moridin's asked a good question or two. Not afraid of confrontation, town to me.

Rents - Too quiet, need more information to analyse.

Rubicon - Driving lots of conversation, pretty town-ish feel there.

Schrodinger - Everyone picks on Schro without mercy and it's pretty funny but that doesn't mean he's town. His defensiveness seems pretty natural, so I'm kind of null right now.

Sesc - As he mentione and I've seen, his late game ability at analyzing is really strong. He may be town but I'd be worried about him. We'll need that ability later though if he's town. Just have to be very careful and take his analysis with a grain of salt.

SmileoftheKill - Derp, but pretty town derp. He's never serious no matter his position as town or scum. It's almost expected at this point.

Typhon - Massive analysis, good info dump, a bit pointed towards Bill and Wetnurse, but I have similar gut feelings, and if he's right than I'd feel justfied in saying Typhon is town.

Uncle Stojil - Always a dangerous player, I can never get a solid read on him which always worries me. That said, right now his driving of conversation is neccessary in later game.

Wetnurse - posts a lot of categories but not much in the way of actual analysis, almost as if trying to divert conversation from themself. Also as a direct response to Wetnurse, I responded well before end of day this time and last time, try again with that.

As a note: I get that I sound scummy to some of you no matter how I phrase things and I want to break that but it never seems to happen. I'm just gonna play how I play and damn the consequences. I hate that I'm always read as scummy but whatever.

Will post more either tonight when I get back home with an external keyboard or tomorrow morning when I get into work. Just don't go lynching anyone before we reach at least the half way point if not the end of day please.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Unvote: Typhon
    Vote: Menace

Not buying the lack of activity from you. I know you're following this thread. Reads & content now or get lynched.

I'm also okay with lynching this, just because I haven't seen anything to make me think this game is any different than any of the past games Eidolonic has run so I'm wondering why Schro suddenly brings up third parties now.

---------- Post automerged at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Huh. Riley may actually be scum for this.

---------- Post automerged at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I actually think you're playing pretty different than our last game where you were scum, but the way you ignored the vote struck me as weird.

Also your town read on Kalas makes no sense to me (neither does everyone else's) so that part of Sesc's post makes a good point.

The disappearing act Kalas is pulling at the moment looks hella bad to me.

---------- Post automerged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I think this is a good point.

I have no idea what you're saying here though.

---------- Post automerged at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

aaaaand I meta'd Menace and guess what, I don't seem him doing this in any of the town games I read. He hasn't posted any game-related content today. So yeah, confirm that vote.

---------- Post automerged at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I'm not sure about fontisian but the vote count thing caught my eye as well: In our last game I got the strong impression she was doing it as a kind of "information instead of analysis" thing, trying to look like she was contributing without actually contributing. The response to Wetnurse does the same thing, more or less.