1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fash, May 12, 2011.

1. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Trying to play, but Origin is giving me an error every time I try to start it up. Apparently it can't connect to the EA servers or something...

If I do manage to get it running, my Origin nick is LimeANite.

*Edit* Fixed it; apparently Windows Firewall was blocking Origin. I ended up having to manually make an exception for it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "shoppingcartsareagoodride" should be the latest one, from what I've read.

I don't even know how to see the god damn enemies in this game.

3. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

My xbox is kicking back saying that it is losing the EA server. Is it just ridiculously busy? or is there something else happening?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

My nick is Woild

5. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Same here.

6. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Been playing a bit - wow, I'm out of practice lol. I'm also having problems with my connection timing out, even with a fairly low ping. It's getting pretty frustrating, especially because any points I get in a match that I time out of don't count.

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My hard drive picked an amazing day to crash.

Have fun, bros. :C

8. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Ok so every time I get into the game I usually start with a weapon but everytime I respawn I have no weapon. Really frustrating. Anybody else with this issue?

9. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

It's a beta, bugs are expected.
    Have you tried restarting the game or joining another server?

10. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Both. I even redownloaded it. I like the gameplay but this is frustrating.

11. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Graphics drivers not up to date maybe? ATI and NVIDIA both released new drivers for Battlefield 3.

12. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

It's got bugs but it's playing a lot better now. Really enjoying it. I haven't played Battlefield in forever, but the hit mark area is alot more favorable than black ops.

13. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

The game is pretty epic. Running it on High with an OC'd GTS 450, and graphics look awesome. I can see this trouncing MW3.

14. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I agree. I love CoD and I think MW3 will be awesome, but Battlefield 3 is just so frickin' good that it hurts! I can't wait to try out vehicles and the larger maps.

I can honestly say that I haven't found anything about the game that I dislike. I will however say that DICE haven't got a clue on how to make a menu system (or party/squad system). It's confusing and tedious to use, even despite the bugs.

My roommate and I discovered an annoying bug during when trying to join a game together on Xbox where we couldn't join together. I found the solution though, so let me know if you want it.

15. Abipar

Abipar Muggle

My friends and I had the same problems trying to joining a game together, really frustrating. I would like to know how you got around it.

16. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

I just know when I go 9 and 0 with the MR98 (rape and rampage, respectively) then the beta freezes on me I'll get my due recomp. Just saying.

17. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Keep in mind that this is for the Xbox:

One of you join the game and then invite the other. This only works if there's a spot open, of course, and keep in mind that even though it looks open, somebody might be joining. You're only given the option to invite a friend to a game, if there's an open spot and nobody's trying to join.

Don't party up, because that doesn't seem to work for me.

Joining each others squad is annoying, but keep trying and you should be able to do it at some point.

18. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  19. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The beta for xbox was dumbed down graphically, so we were all a bit disappointed by the look of it. More so, the no-clipping is ridiculous at points and can be used by players to hide inside the ground and shoot you through the underside of the map. I'm enjoying the pace of the game, even if it is s-core, and it's addicting despite the numerous flaws that one can expect with a beta.

20. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've been waiting for a new sniping game since BFBC2, and BF3 really stepped up to the plate on this one.

The rifles are all different enough that choice is based more on situation rather than overall stats. I find myself switching routinely between the M40A5, the Mk11, and the SKS depending on what the situation calls for.

Long range with the M40 or the SV98 is tight and controlled, I rarely ever have troubles with bullshit hitmarkers. Medium to close range with the Mk11 or the SKS is great and racks up far more kills than I expected. The customization options are wonderful, far surpassing that of BFBC2, and actually make a noticeable difference in the functionality of the weapon.

Bullet drop has been refined a bit and makes for some incredible shots for snipers who have the balls to take a chance. I was watching a Caspian Border sniping video (Since Xbox is limited to Metro) and found myself verbally berating the guy for not taking opportunities. There really is nothing better than getting a headshot at 750+ meters on your first shot.

Ive focused on leveling recon, so I haven't spent much time with the other classes and thus can't comment. I'll level them all to full when the game is out, but for now I'll focus on getting used to the class I'll be playing the most anyway.

Overall, I'm loving it. Time to go play.