1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fash, May 12, 2011.

1. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I fucking love Battlefield 3, it is the single greatest thing to ever happen in the history of Bad Company 2. #occupyattackerspawn is finally over, the snipers have been dispersed to BF3 and from the couple of rounds I've played since launch, I am fucking loving it.

2. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Can't ... Fucking ... activate... FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!

3. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Loving it. Got to play the jet on a few maps and unless you get to unlock bombs and missiles later I am disappoint in just having a machine gun. Even if that gun can bring down choppers in a couple good runs.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Enjoy that DRM guys.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Snipers got a massive damage reduction. Hit detection is off for some reason, I'm putting this one on the server situation. Bolt action rifles basically require headshots at this point, hitting the body is worthless as you have no chance of getting a kill unless they're seriously wounded. I stood right above a proned enemy, scoped in on his upper chest and fired... hitmarker. Semi-autos are also taking at least 1-2 extra hits to kill.

Despite my love of the recon class, the nerf has actually made me start using Engineer, which I'm loving.

Also, the game is just beautiful. Got killed earlier for just standing still and staring at a random piece of scenery.

Biggest complaint? No hardcore mode.

EDIT: Literally 30 seconds after posting that ^ I find a guide to getting into hardcore mode.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  7. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I haven't run into that problem with sniping. Normally when I use a bolt action its a one hit chest kill. Two with the semis.

8. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Does anyone know what the fuck is up with my multiplayer? I simply don't have an option for it on the menu. Just campaign, options, credits and quit. Seriously frustrating. I'm running a retail copy by the way, and I registered with Origin. Spent some times googling my problem but came up with nothing.

9. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Hey guys I've trying to run the game for hours now and everytime its telling me, "The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll." Does anyone now how I can fix this, I've using google to find the solution but so far I've come up with nothing, help would be greatly appreciated.

10. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

That function is used to set video settings in directx. It could be one of two things:
    (a) You have an older version of directx that doesn't contain that function. Get the newest version.
    Or
    (b) You're not using windows 7...since that function is not included in vista or previous versions.

in any case...update your graphics card drivers as well.

11. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Yeah I'm pretty sure you gotta join from a browser window. Fucked up I know, but I haven't figured out how to enter multiplayer from the game menu either. It's one thing that really pisses me off about this otherwise awesome game.

So yeah, when you open Battlefield through Origin it should take you to your profile at battlefield.com. You can join from there.

12. Quick Ben

Yes its true I don't have windows 7 but I've updated my Nvidia drivers and am using direct X 10, still not working, any other suggestion, please.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  13. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I hate it when my huge problem turns out to be a relatively simple answer in the end. Origin just wouldn't take me to the browser page, so I had no idea that was how it worked. What the hell is up with that?

Anyway, cheers. Game is pretty awesome, retarded DRM aside.

14. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Dear Battlefield 3,

You are awesome. However, I would like to ask you to please fix your shit. Tehran Highway lags terribly, and I personally can't play a game online without first waiting as the client stops responding a few times. Then I need to wait as it drops me for no reason, asking me if "I have the latest version of the game."

It's irritating at best, rage inducing at worst.

Sincerely,

An irritated PC gamer

15. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My God, I am so bad at this game.

I can't even figure out how to drive a helicopter. I used to be awesome at Battlefield 2, but that was years ago and I don't know how to play anymore.

16. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

I don't have battlefield so I don't know but it might be that you need to set your game settings properly. It should know that you're using vista (you are using vista right?) and not try to call a function that only exists in windows 7.

17. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I'm getting pretty frustrated with Newegg. I preordered from them because they had physical copies on sale for under $50 one weekend, but they still haven't shipped it. I was hoping they would do it Amazon style (ship it so that it arrives on release day), or at least ship it on release day, but no such luck. They charged my card yesterday, but still no shipping info. I get that a lot of people probably ordered it in that sale, but they should have anticipated that, and they had several weeks to prep even if they got more orders than they expected.

18. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Fuck they really have to fix their servers, or at least add an option of rejoining without losing all your stats. The amount of times I've been dropped when I was top 3 makes me want to rage. And I know it ain't my internet connection or my PC that's causing it.

19. Quick Ben

Yeah I am using vista, so how do I change this settings I've tried changing the compatibility but it isn't working.

20. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So anyone wanna connect via Battlelog? I only play on European servers, but I need a way to prove that I'm better than all y'all ;)

Nickname is Woild.