1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fash, May 12, 2011.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Anyone want to play on the 360? My GT is eurodude.

Once I've got enough cash t buy more ram and a better graphics card for my PC I will be on that version like a shot though.

2. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

My handle is 'RememberThisName', on PC. When it's fucking downloaded (11gb -.-) add me. Or whatever the fuck the lingo is.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Ok, so I've downloaded the fucker, and now I get the error:

DirectX setup error: The cabinet (.cab) file is not signed.

I try any of the online solutions that are currently for this, none of which match exactly, and it gets worse. Any help would be massively appreciated.

/rage control.

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

4. Grinning Lizard

Yeah. Cheers for the help, simply wiped the whole system of origin and BF3 in the end and reinstalled with my own dl of DX. Still needing to go through some online bollocks but not getting that error anymore.

Call me an old man, but I'm getting mighty fucked off at how much fucking hassle it is now to simply install a game and play it nowadays. Download, verify, play. The more complicated it gets, the more tempted I am to firebomb their fucking offices and rape their pets. Fuck these people.

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

That's EA Games for you, my friend.

6. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Fucking flashlights. Broad daylight- look anywhere near it BLINDED. RAPE RAPE RAPE. Nerfplz thx.

7. coleam

coleam Death Eater

So much this (headlights do the same). Also, fuck explosives spamming. It's annoying as shit when some guy with an rpg sets up at the end of a narrow hallway with a support guy for ammo and spams rockets endlessly.

Oh, and I can be found as schmectite. Look me up if you want a boost to your self esteem; today was really bad for my KDR. (PC, North American servers for those who care about that)

Edit: The campaign is meh. Decent story, but the interactive cutscenes are really annoying, there are times when you have absolutely no clue where to run because the squadmates you were supposed to follow teleported to the next checkpoint rather than run to it like normal human beings, and your squadmates hog all the good cover. They also walk in front of you right when you pull the trigger, then get mad because you shot them. It also pisses me off that everyone but you can shoot from cover - it's not that difficult of a function to implement.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  8. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yep. Operation Metro is fun about 30% of the time. Flak Jacket only helps so much. It would be a much better map if they had added a tunnel or something connecting point A and C. Which is why Davamand Peak is fun and Metro is not. You can't just get locked down in Davamand Peak by a few support players with bippods and claymore set up.

9. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Looks like EA has a lot of patching jobs to do...again. (That doesn't surprise me).

10. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Not that much patching I think. There are some balance issues like the explosives spamming and the flashlights, but the rest are just annoyances, not game-breaking issues. Though it would be nice if they could make it possible to shoot from cover. As far as I can tell, it wasn't written into the game except as an npc animation.

11. Nae

Nae The Violent

Okay, I've been thinking about buying an actual game for once in my life and this is the one I've decided on. I've heard that the campaign is shitty and doesn't allows to to do many fun things multiplayer can

And Oz tells me that I'll have to keep latency in mind. Thing is, I don't think there are many BF3 servers here in India. So, with that in mind, should I purchase this game, DLP? I'm on a crap 512kbps connection and pingtest.net rates my ping as grade C. :/.Also, is there supposed to be additional charges for regular multiplayer subscription or something? And of someone can find some good servers in India, that'd obviously make my decision easier.

/knows nothing but piratebay

12. TSN

TSN Auror

NAh dont. If your going to buy a FPS game get mw3 where having high ping actualy help.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

14. TSN

TSN Auror

well I like orange

15. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Don't buy it. In a few years, the pirated version of the game will be popular in india and that's when you uhm...acquire it. Trust me, I know what you want to do, and it's a waste of time (if you're in india). The best online playability you can get is in Counterstrike, Call of duty 4: Modern warfare, dota, etc. These games will have tons of local servers running pirated versions of the game, so that won't be a problem. There's also the option of clients like Garena that are very popular for certain games in your area. They create a virtual lan game online so you can play pirated versions.

Unless you have a really good internet connection (which you don't...not for a game like BF3) and would love to play with dem white peoplez, there's no point.

16. Nae

Nae The Violent

:/

I'm....uhum, acquiring the game right now, and I've managed to find an Indian server. Not very many people on it, but I guess I'll contact them and see if it's worth it or not.

17. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

As far as ping goes, I have a 100 MBit/s connection, however sometimes the ping fluctuates.

Whenever it hits more than 100ms, I get the rubberband effect. It's technically still playable, but highly annoying and frustrating - don't try dogfighting with that.

18. Grinning Lizard

World, are you the Woild that added me?

19. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

:sherlock:

Yes.

20. Grinning Lizard

And so the veil is lifted.