1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield: Heroes

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jamven, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yup I get the same error when I try. Hopefully it will be back in a few days...

Has anybody else played it yet?

2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Hmm.. The game is exciting, but not as addictive as I thought it would be. I keep getting disconnected from the server however, and when your in the middle of a map, it gets old fast.

If they fixed the server, I'd probably play some more. I can complete plenty of games without being disconnected, but when it does happen, I just stop playing for awhile.

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I get disconnected whenever it goes to Buccaneer Bay, or whatever it's called. Really does get old.

I played the game a lot for a day, but after that I never bothered to log back in.

4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I'm getting disconnected less now, and am actually having a blast playing the game. Not really into FPSer's, so I guess the simplicity of the game enjoys me more than if it was more complicated. I play maybe an hour at a time, get off and then play another hour later on in the day.

Definitely not a game that I can sit and play for hours on end though.

Anything you can use to make your player better( Weapons, bandages, repairs, etc) can be bought with in game money.

Other conveniances, (Clothing, other image addons, exp bonus(You gain exp faster, but a skilled level 10 guy, won't have much problem killing an average level 30, so no matter) has to be bought with real cash. So, although it's going to be free, they will be making money.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  5. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

Can some one help me? I forget where I download it from again...

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

7. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

You don't need a key anymore, it's launched. I just started playing yesterday myself, it's pretty fun. Though it sucks you have to spend real life moo-lay if you want your character to look better (guess I'll stay looking generic) but at the same time it is a plus it is only cosmetic effects you buy with real money, no real in game advantage.

8. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Not exactly true; You can buy better weapons by using real money(also obtainable by playing the game lots and lots)

9. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

Exactly. You buy weapon upgrades, if you wish you can spend real life money to buy the upgrade permenatly, or you can play in game and get ingame points to buy it weekly/monthly. (Usually takes like 1 hour max to be able to afford the weapon for 1 month.)

So the real-life currency is a moot point for any in-game advantage, because anything you can buy with cash you can also buy with in-game points aswell (just not as large a range of clothes).