1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best Gaming Keyboard and Mouse?

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Kang, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I have a Mx1000 Laser mouse from Logitech that's got zero lag time on it that I've used for heavy gaming before. If the battery didn't piss out in an hour of heavy use I'd still be using it, lol.

The other mouse is a basic as shit Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer I've had forever.

2. lazarus01

lazarus01 First Year

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000EU6AAU/ref=amb_link_macro_68586465

I have one of these, and it has served me admirably for FPSs (and really anything else in general because you can reprogram that scroll and side click buttons easily). I have a somewhat large hand and it fits almost perfectly.

Not really sure about keyboards, but unless you want some specific gadget on it, they are generally pretty similar.

3. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Should I be embarrassed that I have that "mother fucking" mouse? >_>.

Craigslist prices ftw :D.

Anyway, save your money, you won't get anything ground breaking for 50 or less. When you get the cash pick these up-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-91...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230289818&sr=1-1

G5-If I could take a mouse as a lover, it'd be the G5. Damn thing is just great for gaming.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-US-TA...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230289956&sr=1-1

Tarantula-An excellent gaming keyboard, the thing is sturdy, is blazing fast in response times, allows pressing of as many buttons you want at the same time. In a word, perfect.

Save the cash and buy something worth the money, instead of buying a cheap knock off that will die within a few months.

4. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Don't feel bad, I own it to.

Can you get the G5 in the original colour? It looks so bad now... Better with the orange lights and black. and that think will last you I've had mine for 3 years now and I love that beast. Got all the weights in it and it still floats like a dream.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Should be embarassed you bought it off of Craigslist.

Find yourself a boyfriend while you were looking for it, too? :p

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I have a logitech laser mouse I probably bought 7 years ago that's served me well since, not wireless.

7. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Razer mice are the most shoddily built pieces of equipment... I broke mine on LAN by squeezing it two hard. Literally cracked it down the middle.

Also, compared to Logitech's ergonomics and polling, Razer are definitely second grade.

MX518 has perfect form factor for a whole variety of grips, almost no response delay and is dirt cheap.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

@JohnThePyro;
    I may take your advice and buy the G5 mouse and the G15 keyboard.

I'll tell the parents I won it on a online competition or some shit.

Now, my Evil Monkeys, a new quest I have for ye. I currently have an ATI Radeon 2100. I don't know if that is a video card or graphics card, and I don't know the difference between the two. Wanna play New-gen FPS but once again I'm not a rich bitch like some of you £500 christmas present mofos. (Grumble stupid muslim parents)

Help please...

9. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Have a look at the Support Forum, there are a few recent threads about buying a new computer, you'll find some advice on graphics cards there.

For something more specific, you should mention your price range. Although you should keep in mind that a spanking new card won't help much if you have 12 megs of ram and a hamster in a wheel as power supply.

10. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

@Zombie-There are no gays on the interwebz. don't try to trick me!

@ahsun92-Depends on how much you're looking to spend, and what you want to play.

Crysis is considered new-gen, but to get the most out of the experience you need to spend an arm and a leg out to play it.

CoD4/CoD5 is new-gen too, however they're much easier on your wallet. You could get away with a $30 dollar card and be fine.

What are you looking for?

11. Kang

More along the lines of Cod 5 and i have 1GB DDR2 memory and 320GB HDD.
    CPU4400+. Don't have a clue what I just said. £50ish range of monies.

Running off to Support Forum!

12. se7en

se7en Professor

You probably won't be able to run cod5, or you will probably have the lowest settings possible, and the lowest resolution possible (makes the game look horrible and unplayable in my opinion.)

13. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I have been using this one for the past year or so. Picked it up at the Wally World for about $10. Haven't had any complaints about it yet. Way better then that pricey fucking wireless mouse I had for two years...

http://www.microinv.com/product_center.asp?product_id=10007&dept_id=1030&parent_id=

14. Kang

Can you recommend any good Head...

...phones?

>.>

For serious, I am in need of a set of gaming headphones and I thought it would be a good idea to ask the rabble.

At about £30-40 price range, it would be primarily used in FPS games.

...?

[Edit] I thought that I may as well ask this new question in this old thread, rather than creating a new one.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  15. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I could link a whole pile of headphones but really you are better off heading over to Ebay, do a refined search and look through the list yourself. With a price range of 40 pounds you might as well get more expensive brands like Sony or Sennheiser.

16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

You could probably just about afford some Sennheiser HD 485's if you're lucky.

17. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I'd shell it out for the Senniheisers. I've got a pair right now, paid 200 for them. They're epic.

18. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Gaming headphones? Honestly, I've played a whole bunch of FPS in my day, and I've never seen the need to punch out the cash for an expensive pair of "gaming" headphones. A typical headset does just fine.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8779565&type=product&id=1205538040623

I have a pair of those sitting maybe a foot away from me right now. Been using them for about 6 months with no issues. With the added bonus of a mic so you can use teamspeak while playing. If you're playing FPS, chances are you're going to be using TS to implement strats and play with your team competently. At least that's how I play, otherwise things go tits up and any strategy falls apart, learned this lesson when my clan tried to join a competition ladder when our TS went down. Wasn't pretty =D.

19. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Best Buy will first open stores in the UK beginning 2009.

20. Kang

Im looking on Ebay, and I have found that ^, for about £15.

Deal or no Deal?