1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best/Memorable moments in the Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Lens of Sanity, May 8, 2012.

1. DemonicInfluence

DemonicInfluence Fourth Year

Ya, I feel that Ancient Mai is the most likely person to be Black Council. Merlin seems too arrogant to consent to working as a consortium to bring down the world. Plus he legitimately seems to want to help wizardkind.

The Gatekeeper, Martha Liberty, Injun Joe, and McCoy all seem to be helping Dresden in some way.

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

You're going to be suckerpunched so hard.

3. DemonicInfluence

DemonicInfluence Fourth Year

That'll be so much fun :)

4. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

The Gatekeeper is Black Council for sure. I pegged him for a bad guy before Jim even entered the Black Council into the plot.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Really? I've got the exact opposite read on him. His actions in Turn Coat especially say that he's working for the good of the Council, and he appears to be a very moral person overall.

6. Brown

Brown Third Year

I always saw Listens-to-Wind as more likely to be Black Council. He's lost a lot because of the White Council's policy of non-involvement in political affairs; he might be hoping to build a better world by tearing down what is at least a partly corrupt institution.

7. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

I don't think that the Gatekeeper is Black Council but I think that he's only White Council because they have a lot of the same aims as him.

8. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Agreed, Brown.
    The Gatekeeper is awesome and I'm pretty sure Jim wouldn't make the only muslim character the bad guy. xD

9. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Right, he'll just make the only native American character evil.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think the Senior Council might be clean - not perfect, not by any means - but none of them are outright Black Council.

Why? you might ask.

I'm glad you asked.

At this point, it's too damn obvious and easy. Butcher has shown repeatedly that he hates taking the obvious route - too easy for him, too easy for the readers, and too easy for poor, poor Harry.

If there is any more corruption in the Council, it'll be in a non-obvious place, like it was in Turn Coat.

And let's also keep in mind that he has said that he still hasn't introduced all the important characters yet, which could mean traitors galore in the future...

10. Zeelthor

In all fairness, muslims have been taking hell of a lot more crap than native americans lately.

But I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a solid kick to the balls when we find out who the bad guys are.

11. Thorn

Thorn Professor

Was rereading Summer Knight a couple weeks ago and came across the line where Lea tells Harry to never let Mab bring him to the slab. I don't know why it didn't strike me before, but in the light of Ghost Story, I saw it as a fairly big 'Oh Shit' moment.

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think the Gatekeeper is more likely to be on his own side, a team of one, rather than on the side of the White/Grey/Black Council. I could see him working any side of that triangle depending on what he wanted to accomplish.

I am leaning towards thinking that he is working for the "greater good" in the end, to use a Harry Potter term, but can't say for sure. I like the guy though, he's one of my favorites.

13. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

That line was to me, the saddest (and most memorable) line in the book. Just so much pain in those six words.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No. Fuck you. Fuck you very much. I'm not highlighting that.

It's bad that you posted this here and you should feel fucking bad.

15. Zeelthor

-Grins evilly at Dovaekiin-

16. Ravnius

Ravnius Auror

I personally think his killing the Red King was one of the best moments in the whole series. Claws of ice into the eyes followed by a burst of fire? Cool as hell. Couple that with the fact that Dresden killed something so old it literally predates written language... Pretty awesome.