1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best of HP Ao3 exclusive fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Krieger, May 5, 2024.

1. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

As the title says, what are the best HP fics exclusive to the Ao3 website, not to be found here or FFN. I haven't used Ao3 a lot, mostly just from links from this site, so I wouldn't know where to start. If there are things similar to communities like FFN or if people have a list of Ao3 stories it would be much appreciated.

Fics don't have to be 5/5 quality, just fics you enjoy that can't be found elsewhere except Ao3.

2. Wyatt Axford

Wyatt Axford Second Year

3. PagaalInsaan

PagaalInsaan Squib

Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon is an hp/GoT fic, where Harry, Hagrid and his pet dragon suddenly ended up in the a song of ice and fire universe. I was hesitant to pick this up because it was first year Harry, but the displacement was with Hagrid's hut, so Harry was able to learn magic from Hagrid's books as the fic progressed. I left it when the focus on magic started decreasing after the first 200k words. It was replaced by focus on politics.

Son of Thanos is a good fic despite it's uninspiring title. I really liked how the magical world existed in MCU instead of the typical dimensional travel, and how it wasn't nerfed at all. But if you don't like angst, you might not want to read it.

I think, there was this fic where Tom Riddle was the messiah of muggleborns that might have only been on ao3. I remember it was listed in dlp library and had amazing duels.

4. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Is that the one where the author eventually stops focusing on magic stuff and focuses mostly on a will they/won’t they between femHarry and Aemond for multiple chapters?

5. PagaalInsaan

PagaalInsaan Squib

Yeah, it is. But it gets resolved soon with both agreeing to marriage.