1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best video game moments

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Andro, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

10. Donkey Kong; high on weed at the time. Enough said.:p
    9. Star Wars BattleFront II; twenty minutes of force pushing people. I didn't kill a single person, I just kept force pushing them.
    8. Final Fantasy VII; Aerith's Death. I found it funny. There was also innuendo that Tifa and Cloud were sharing the same bed and missing clothing when they first stay at the town underneath Junon (to say nothing of the outright beastiality of when Hojo tries to breed Aerith with RedXIII).
    7. Zelda: Majora's Mask; The Couple's mask. After all of that effort, I felt dirty watching the woman (Anju) walking side by side with her beau (Kafei).
    6. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars; Booster's Tower, and the cut-scene involving Booster in Booster's Tower right after you defeat Valentina.
    5. Halo 2; I Would Have Been Your Daddy. Enough said.
    4. Crono Trigger; The "Girl Chat" ending (number ten I think).
    3. Elder Scrolls of Oblivion 4; I got most of the villagers of an entire town fighting against each other. Was hilarious.
    2. FF6; almost all of the conversations involving Kefka. Very memorable.
    1. Halo 3; was driving on a Mongoose with a marine holding a Covenant Plasma Canon in the rear of the Mongoose on the level Covenant when a Wraith tank took a shot at me. The impact of the blast launched my ATV up into the air, but as I was spinning, my guy got off three rounds before he fell 'up' off of the ATV. Right as I'm about to hit the ground (I still had forward momentum), my marine passenger ends up jumping back on the vehicle, I end up landing on all four wheels, and my passenger is screaming at me to "Do that again mate!"

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

There have been simply too many epic gaming moments for me that I can't even pick one that stands out, let alone five or ten. I just cant and I've been thinking for over ten minutes now.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Buying a prostitue it GTA San andreas.

I had sex.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - First seeing the Persona users shoot themselves in the head.
    Makai Senki Disgaea - Soloing Baal with my very power-leveled Samurai. Soloing the entire story with a Divine Majin. EDIT - Most of the story itself (Don't laugh like that too often)...
    Ending of .Hack//G.U. Volume 2//Reminisce - Ovan's "Surprize Buttsecks."
    Final Fantasy VII - Yuffie at Wutai...
    Shadow Hearts - The Bad Ending. Seeing Alice die...

5. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

The twist at the end of KOTOR: Won't ruin it.
    Going back to the first levels of DMC3 and seeing how fast I could complete them after beating the game.
    FFX: Sin... twist... semi-blew my mind.
    Madden 07: Came back from a 42 - 13 deficient with the Giants to win the game 45-42 in the end of the 4th. I ended up injuring three of his QBs
    all via sacks with Uminyora =D.

And many, many more...

6. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Not in any particular order. (That is if I can get more than just a few...)

1. Finally getting my own freaking chocobo in FFXI (i.e. the MMO)
    2. Beating the last quest in the Thieves' Guild in Oblivion without using up the boots. (I had five freaking life left and I had to absolutely drain every health boosting potion I had)
    3. Every bit of Super Marion RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
    4. In FFX finally fucking dodging lightning 200 times!!!
    5. Taking out the general of the great army of Mordor in the Mount&Blade The Last Days mod with a single run through of my couched lance.
    6. All of Mount&Blade (Warez are bad)
    7. (not really me but Kolskit as my pinky is all fucked up and I can't move it very fast) Getting Free Bird in Guitar Hero II
    8. The Forsaken in WOW
    9. Defeating Baal solo on /players 8 in Nightmare without dying. (It aint possible in hard at /p 8)
    10. The climb up the cliffs scene in Call of Duty 2
    11. Finding that awesome guile hack in Fable
    12. Watching the TV screen turn off as I submited to the fact that the fourth Harry Potter game just sucked.

There are tons of amusing moments. The chocobo one was the one I flipped about the most. My computer was taken away three weeks later and I never got into FFXI again....

7. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

In no particular order

FF7- Sephiroth burring down Nibelhime cut scene
    Metal Gear Solid- Defeating Liquid
    Medal of Honor- participating in Operation Overlord
    Starcraft- playing a 4v4 multiplayer game. All my friends were beaten leaving me alone; 4v1 I destroyed all of them. My defense saved my nerdy ass.
    FF7- seeing my friend play FF7, thinking it is was stupid, buying the game myself and falling in love with it...*erection*
    Assassins Creed-When I buy it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

....really?

9. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

The constant games of Starcraft I played in junior high. Hands-down champ, except for the epic battles 2v1, me against two friends who played together all the time. Long, difficult battles where one side just barely won. Plus stomping every other school in the district. At one point I faced their 4v4 team and three alternates alone and won. Great fights. Not bragging. I was average back then, everybody else just sucked. Plus I knew all the hotkeys! :D

Morrowind and Oblivion are definite mentions, as well as KOTOR 1 and 2 and NWN 1 and 2. Pretty much everything about them. :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  10. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

In no particular order.

Having Zalbar kill his best and only friend, Mission in KOTOR 1.

HALO3 - Getting shot with a Missle Pod while driving in a warthog on Vallhalla and flipping 5 times and landing on the enemy flag carrier. It was beutiful.

First Time destroying a Nod Base with the Ion Cannon.

Beating Halo 3 for the first Time.

The 3rd level in Halo 3. (Something Highway)

Ramming my Elephant into the enemies' and jumping over to theirs as they try to back up and snatching their flag, jumping back to my side and scoring for the win on sandtrap.

The storyline of Kotor 1 & 2.

Defeating 3 AIs teamed up against me on CnC3 Tiberium wars.

I may edit more later.

11. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That was pretty much awesome.

Mafia - nearly the whole game

... my memory cannot retain much more ...

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Oh, I just had a great one.

in Halo 3, I was playing on Big Team Battle Live with two of my friends as guests. Anyways we ended up in a party of 14-16 and the party leader made a custom game of Infection on Sandtrap..... where the zombies are super fast, have no shields and just a sword... where the humans have nothing but a shotgun and a pistol.

What made this fun is all of the humans would run to the Mongooses and Warthogs and run around in a circle on the outskirts of sandtrap.... every time we'd start.... people would scream "Dont leave me behind!" cause the zombies were so fast that if you weren't on a vehicle, you would die.

It was like 28 Days Later or Resident Evil... so damn insane to be on the gunner of the Warthog and look behind you to see 5-6 zombies running after you and keeping pace with the warthog.... flying off buildings at high speeds.. man it was heart pumping. That's for sure.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Finally beating the last boss in Vagrant Story after owning the game for seven years...

14. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All of Okami kicked ass. The best moment was the boss fight, though. Every time I killed him he would just change forms. I think that fight went on for an hour.

Damnit, I want Okami for the Wii. It would work so well.

15. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Beating Mario RPG: I think I spent a week with some nonstop playing on that game, loving every moment of it.

16. JCCS

JCCS Third Year

Beating Super Mario, the old super nintendo one. God I miss that.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

KotOR: Revan revelation

Injuries in Blitz:The League on xbox. too bad the computer cheats like fuck later.

Warcraft III+TFT Arthas killing the king, and merging with the Liche King

Mario RPG

Chrono Trigger, brining back Chrono, and Magnus

All of Diablo 1 and 2

Hellgate London: Getting a squire named Wart, and being able to use his peg leg as a weapon, an homage to the cripple in Diablo 1

My most memorable has to be, and we still talk about this constantly

Battlefield 2, I was on a map with a giant water tower with a buddy sniping any enemy in sight with the upgraded .50 cal rifles. LOOOONG sight lines up there with the graphics cards we got we can max the distance out.

He calls incoming hummer from somewhere, we can only hear the engine approaching. I swing my sight over as the hummer crests this hill, it's got no wheels touching the ground. I shoot the driver in the face through the windshield while it's in midair. Driver slumps down in the seat dead, hummer slows and swings left, runs over 3 of his teammates.

1 shot... 4 kills. Owned. My friend was going nuts that I got the hummer driver, at full speed with the headshot.. while the fucking thing was in the air, I thought we were going to shit ourselves when we saw the rest of em get run over.

Several similar stories as well in BF2 with one shotting helicopter pilots with the 50 cal.

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Halo 3. There is basically no gravity, and me and my friend have energy swords. He jumps over me, and I slash, not even trying to kill him. Now, here is the thing. When you slash, the blade goes up, so part of the blade goes past your shoulder. That part barely got him and he flew 200 feet away and died. Fun times.

19. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Basically all of Battlefield 2, but one moments stands out.

I was a sniper on a wake island IO server, I was the only person at the top of the island for the Chinese and I kept about 7 people from getting to the island in boats for about 10 minutes. T'was ownage, to bad it wasn't a ranked server :(.

20. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Off the top of my head - Diablo's transformation in Diablo II.