1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

BioPlague's Deathly Hallows Spoiler Thread [Only Warning: Don't Click if You No Want]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jul 13, 2007.

1. cucio

cucio Guest

I have just finished reading the Elderberry Smelling Wand stuff. Humm... WTF?

Some random thoughts, I'll try not to spoil the reading to those wise enough to trade sight for ignorance time:

- The Epilogue is just... just... squeeee1111!!!
    - Ditto the King's Cross scene, couldn't contain my emotions there (feel free to imagine what kind of emotions I am speaking about.)
    - Lupin is full of WTF.
    - Malfoys are full of WTF.
    - Voldie flapping instead of apparating is WTF.
    - Voldie's name shit is WTF.
    - Ron opening the you-know-what you-know-how is industry-grade WTF.
    - Hermione-hmph-oh-yeah-this-spell-could-have-worked-too is WTFWTFWTF.
    Since I don't consider JKR a good writer I can accept this as the original. Besides the visual and style aspects, there are plot threads that are tied up convincingly, like Dumble's delirious words after drinking the potion in the cave. If it isn't, hats off for the friggin' fakest fake, illustrations, compliance with the style and all.

As for the fake hypothesis, once the story is written I don't think it would take much effort or skill to mimic the layout, print it out, bind it, print a sleeve from the previews published in internet and take the pictures. I find this faking procedure more plausible than any photoshopping. If you want to impress your friends send me your fanfic and a thousand bucks and you get back the hardcover proof that you are DH's author.

Regarding the Lily's eyes stuff, JKR mentioned this before HBP and I think it is instrumental in the scene where Harry gets the memory from Slughorn, so I consider it fulfilled and water under the bridge.

Speaking of which, Felix Felicis was the hugest WTF-est piece of plotshit in the whole series, ranking just above (or is it below) the roaring beast. Fake or not, this DH is not worse writing than HBP by any means.

2. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

I just found a pic of what the 'Deluxe U.S. Edition' version of DH will look like.

[​IMG]

3. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

Hmm, the eyes are glazed over - Imperius curse on the dragon, I wonder? :p

4. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The BP spoilers are correct. I have the version in my hand right now.

5. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

I expect lots of reputation for being nearly 100% correct a week before the book hit :).

6. harryfan

harryfan First Year

Yup cucio

I whole heartedly agree with the entire list of WTFs (and those of the superlative degree) that accompany your post. The first half of the book was full of WTFs. Made my blood boil when I read those, but then what to expect from JKR.