1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

BioPlague's Deathly Hallows Spoiler Thread [Only Warning: Don't Click if You No Want]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jul 13, 2007.

1. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

ok my pm box is getting spammed heavily... gettign kind of annoying.

It's so hard being this popular... sigh

Anyway, anyone know of a good sight to upload them on, I'm willing to load them this once...

2. Foz

Foz Squib

Yes I did, I never trust megauploads anyway.

And the mods stop me from pasting a link... so PM me and then spread the word.

*** edit: I can speel. Honest!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  3. Darkmakr

Darkmakr Seventh Year

someone want to pm the info/whatever it is, i'm curious now.

4. nuck

nuck First Year

same here...

5. Foz

Foz Squib

I've given Kolkit the latest instructions, and he's replied with a message:

6. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

uhh i just got it, but it's kinda hard to read cause its pretty much a guy taking pictures of every page while he's holding the book open. . .
    but i got it!
    i can strain my eyes a little. . .

EDIT:
    the one i have is not the one that everyone has been spreading here, i did my own digging for it, id be interested to see if the version you guys have is better. someone pm me.

7. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

What program are you reading it on?

Adobe reader said the file was too damaged.

8. Redeye

It's just a bunch of JPEGs in a folder and i just click view slideshow and burn my eyes reading it. . .
    but i suppose beggars can't be choosers. . .

9. Dain Bread

Dain Bread Second Year

...You could just wait a whole 3 days for the book and not hurt your eyes. Just a suggestion.

10. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

@The-Hyphenated-One: I used this program to view it. The one I have is Bio's.

11. Foz

Foz Squib

... but this is book 7 we're talking about...

12. Redeye

meh, i've found a simple way around the eye straining, so it's all good now!

13. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This guy really needs to learn how to take a damn picture.

14. Redeye

I find that if you change your monitor resolution to 800x600 open the jpegs in windows picture/fax viewer, and then zoom in once or twice, it's fairly readable. No eye strain necessary.
    of course this may only be for me but i'm assuming everyone can do it since my monitor is the same crap that i've had since 2001.

15. meeep

meeep Squib

You are doing exactly what im doing and its well worth it.

16. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

could someone send me the link or files of the book? because the books in my country are really expensive, and a famous book like this will be more expensive and i can't spend that much money to a novel. i sent messages to some members but no one returned. email : ulkser6666@gmail.com

17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

you know... I'm starting to doubt the validity of the files I've been reading.

It seems so fantastical... very much like an elaborate piece of fanfiction.

If it werent for that triangle thing... and the fact that it looks so real, I would have dismissed this story as something off of fanfiction.net.

I say the triangle thing because of that wombat test thing on jk's site where the final test you had to go through the door and recreate the symbol.

That was about a month ago and not enough time to write all this..

and it does reak of Jk's style... you know, the whole "Given a clue in chapter 4.... then everyone forgets about it convenientley until chapter 27" kind of thing.

It starts off strong, but it's getting tedious to read... seems very drawn out. Jk seems to be trying to hard to make the reader feel harry's depression and angst as the world goes to seed...

I'm a bit dissapointed. I'm on chapter 23 right now...

Here's hoping it picks up...

18. Cobra

Cobra First Year

I also am starting to doubt the validity of the book. It started nice and good but it's been downhill from there.

Master of Death? A stone that can bring people back to life? Didn't JK said that's impossible?

If anybody has the full version of the book photocopied please PM me, I only have an incomplete version.

19. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

I've read up to page 139, and I have no doubt the book is genuine. I recognize JK's style. So far, I'm very impressed.

Actually, the symbol is on the book's spine, and there's been a lot of speculation about it.

Ah, well, I thought something like that might come along (my suggestion was Amulet of Merlin). It had to, because Harry can't possibly find and destroy all the Horcruxes in a plausible way.

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Just finished... my personal review...

It isn't bad, and I'm intrigued with where it's going.

Theres a noteable death that I don't think bio mentioned...

Made me sad to read it... but the big three are still kicking it so I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it. I definetley reccomend you not search out the spoilers for this as it is a nice surprise.

As to some specifics...

Pro:

Definetley a generally unique plot... I've personally never read anything like it. Though there are elements that many of us will draw parralels to. Then again I don't read alot of horcrux hunting fics...

Proactive... this isn't the normal harry who generally talks about stuff and bumbles through things. He has his stupid moments... but he is also kicking ass in a skillfull way.

Alot of characters get expanded upon... alot alot... you dont just focus on the big ones like dumbledore or the new ones... but other people are playing a proactive role.

Ginny is fairly minimal... she gets a few mentions in passing... but only as a reminder that unfortunetley she still exists.

Harry's heroic... he gets things done here and he has a few moments where he does some classic heroic things, and jk doesn't dwell on them... They don't bring up those moments or even acknowledge them as examples of his skill. They forget about it. But he does get some recognition still through other means...

Cons:

Ginny isn't dead... :(

The middle part is the most boring sequence of words, I have ever read. I struggled trying to keep reading. if it was a fanfic... I would have just forgotten about it and turned to youtube for family guy clips...

One great character kicks the bucket... it was done well but I'm sad that they're gone.

Unfortunetly... it's looking like the epilogue is looking more and more valid... I'm holding out hope, but certain things have happened that make it look like it's real.

So very contrived... the classic, suddenly things just happen that are exactly what Harry needs to turn the situation into a win. You kind of forget about it... but it's there.

One thing that I'm not entirely sure about is the ships... there are alot of hints at harry hermione even though that its been clearly stated that it wont happen, both in and out of the story...

I'm kind of happy with that as an ex harmonian... but also annoyed, as it seems like she's just trying to win back those old fans that were really ticked by hbp because of the ships.

Also... Some of it is classic fannon cliches; she even does a little rosswrock by bringing gryfhook in for a classic speal about the underclass goblins...

But it was still enjoyable I suppose. It was only the middle part that really bugged me. As I said, far to drawn out...

And just as a side note... unless the cg artists for the order movie got hints to whats was to come... I think that whole ghost travel flying thing was an extremely lucky piece of cg work.

They can definetley use that for some of the scens in this book.

Probably going to be considered foreshadowing...