1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

BioPlague's Deathly Hallows Spoiler Thread [Only Warning: Don't Click if You No Want]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I don't know what to believe... I'm not sure. The files I have is up to Chapter 24, how are you guys getting beyond that?

2. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Well, if it's a fake, its author is a fucking genius (both in terms of writing and of Photoshopping).

3. Cobra

Cobra First Year

Agreed! It just seems fake to me, to many things just don't add up, at least to me. We'll find out soon enough anyway...

4. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Curse those fakers and the horse they rode in on! I'm in half a mind to break into a bookstore with a shotgun and demand that they give me a copy, just to see if it's the one we're discussing. Some people should thank God I am hundreds of miles away from any bookstore that might stock DH.

5. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

anyone want to help me out and link me to the last 300 pages?
    i only have 495 (though my table of contents goes to 753+), and apparently i was a dumb ass and the book is supposed to be 784 including author info and all that.
    anyone want to help me out?

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

The version I'm reading just pickd up in my opinion... Here is a direct quote for those interested.

From our fair hermione, in chapter 26

Theres actually quite a bit of innuendo in this book. If its real, I compliment Jk on her subtlty.

On a side note... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6902031.stm has mentioned our version of the book. They have a pic up even...

7. Foz

Foz Squib

Yes, I have been passed the full thing now in PDF.
    For those who got the link from me, go back there, and there is now just one file - that's the full thing.
    For those that didn't... it's PM time.

8. Cobra

Cobra First Year

I have the DH in pdf version also and all I can say is that's a clear fake, all it is is fanfiction and not a very good one either. The photocopied version at least looks legit at a first look.

9. Foz

Foz Squib

I should clarify - the pdf on the site is all the jpgs all combined together, curtsy of the-caitiff.

10. Cobra

Cobra First Year

Oh! I didn't know such a thing existed.

11. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

The 400 pages is because there's two pages to a picture.

Anyway what's this The Trace thing? Didn't JKR smash to bits that "tracking charms" business in HBP?

12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

If what I got from the-caitiff is fact the author is one of the best fanfiction writers I have ever heard of.

I love Fred and George Weasley. They should get a series all their own.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  13. Ryzen

Ryzen Second Year

Meh, let people think what they want. I got a illegal copy of the manuscript from connections and it has all of the artwork and everything. Bioplague does have the actual book scannings.

14. Foz

Foz Squib

You know, as there are enough people interested, if each person typed up one chapter, we could have a complete copy that's easy to read in mere hours.

Anyone interested? PM me.

15. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Thats not too bad of an idea. I should be available to type up a chapter, but it's almost pointless with only what 5 days till the release.

16. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Found this after searching web for 30 seconds

-The Deathly Hallows are NOT the horcruxes. They are part of magical folklore, and Harry is told of their story in the chapter 'The Tale of the Three Brothers'. Voldemort has always been intrigued by the myth, and the final horcrux that Harry has to find, is located in the Deathly Hallows. When Harry hears the story, he realises the connection to Voldemort.

-Right now seriously...the deaths...ACTUAL LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!

Ron.
    Lupin.
    Percy (this death occurs before the wedding, inevitably throwing events into chaos).
    Voldemort.
    Snape.

Snape's loyalty? I found this to be the saddest part of the book. As many people guessed, all was not what it seemed with Dumbledore, and the two did indeed have a plan that would eventually result in Snape killing him. But, Snape was only in on things for personal gain, and when Voldemort learns of this, he is obviously furious with Snape. Snape tries to make up for things by luring Harry to him, but Harry manages to escape, and Voldemort kills Snape before the final conflict.

I don't know what all these rumours are about Voldemort kidnapping Ron, it's a complete lie. Ron is killed by Bellatrix Lestrange in The Battle of Hogwarts, but Neville manages to finish off Bellatrix after Ron weakens her before his death.

Harry is not a horcrux.

Voldemort kills Snape.

Voldemort is killed in the Department Of Mysteries. He baits Harry about his parents, Sirius, Dumbledore and Ron. which turns out to be the worst thing Voldemort could have done. As Voldemort steps out into the circular bit with many doors, Harry opens the locked door, and Voldemort is destroyed by the blinding light, which heals Harry, who seems close to death (he does not die).

The cover art shows Voldemort + Harry at the Deathly Hallows, Harry is attempting to summon Voldemort's Horcrux, as Voldemort is doing his best to keep the enchantment in place.

Harry does not lose his powers.

The worst part of the book is easily the epilogue, as JKR seems to focus completely on ships. There are no surprises I'm afraid, Harry + Ginny, Ron + Hermione.

Lily's eyes (you won't believe me) are the result of a failed love potion that Snape attempted to administer her. Snape believed if he could turn Lily into a Slytherin, she would love him (this sounds like a terrible fanfic I know, it does make sense when you read it), and despite a cure being found, her eyes remained green.

What's the deal with the dragon on the US deluxe cover?
    The trio fly on it to get to the Deathly Hallows. Only Harry and Voldemort can fight on the Deathly Hallows, but this is not their final encounter.

What's happening on the UK kids cover?
    Gringotts. The trio are searching for the locket (it isnt there) but they get vital information on Ravenclaws book here.

How's the epilogue done?
    I didn't like it. It was in the form of a newspaper article, a sort of 'Where Are They Now?' thing, 20 years on from the final showdown.

You said Ron dies so what happens to Hermy at the end?
    As said, her love life isnt specified. But she becomes a Healer at St. Mungo's.

What's Luna/Hagrid/Weasley twinsNeville fate?
    Becomes editor of Quibbler (her dad passes it on to her)/Remains at Hogwarts to this day/Weasley's Wizard Wheezes becomes multinational/Herbology teacher at Hogwarts after Sprout's death (old age she isnt killed)

What happens to Voldy's body in the end?
    Completely obliterated by the love from locked room.

What are the horcruxes? How does Harry find and destroy them?
    Nagini/Locket/Cup/Ravenclaws Book. Symbol on UK spine is a device that enables Harry to locate 'soul fragments' if you will, Harry can destroy them a lot more easily than Dumbledore.

What's the deal with the mirror? How does RAB and Kreacher come into the story?
    Sirius has left an almost 'voicemail' message on the mirror, to advise him on destroying the horcrux. Kreacher has to tell the trio (on Harry's orders) about the history of the symbol and where to find it.

What's the lies of Dumbledore chapter about?
    Neon was right about this, this is to do with the plan with Snape. I don't know if he got lucky because the Grindelwald thing isnt even close.

What happens to all the teachers? Who's new headmaster etc?
    McGonagall is new headmistress.

What's Harry's fate in the end? Job etc?
    Becomes an almost freelance Auror but refuses to work for the MoM

The last Horcrux is NOT Grindelwald's wand, it is in fact the book Rowena Ravenclaw used to note down all new Ravenclaw students when she was alive.

The epilogue is also out on the web but I'm not entirely convinced.

17. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

That green eyes thing - that's a total "you gotta be effing KIDDING" situation.

18. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

I've seen an imageshack photo of the epilogue "19 years later". Harry and Ginny have 2 or 3 kids,one named Albus Severus. Some other stuff cbf with the horrible ending.

Link to the guy who said he read DH already. Lots and lots and lots of spoilers.

http://mightygodking.livejournal.com/343960.html#cutid1

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  19. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

well certain parts do make more sense than others...

So very conflicting...

Brain hurt

20. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The story I just finished reading is actually pretty damn canon compliant. Not sure if it's real or not, but I enjoyed reading it. I just hope it's fake.