1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

'Blackwater: The Game'

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Silens Cursor, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Developed in concert with the mercenary company, we have this, an FPS for the 360 developed by 505 Games. I think everyone on this board knows about what Blackwater has done in Iraq, but if you don't, here's a good summation.

Words cannot describe how pissed off I am about this. Forget the whole cultural insensitivity for a second here - if I want to play a jingoistic morally bankrupt game, I'll play Black Ops - but this crosses a line for me in a big way. Yes, they have the right to make it, just like how Medal of Honor had the right to have the Taliban as playable, but if this game sells and makes money, it will do more damage to gaming as a medium than everything EA has ever done. It will set the medium back DECADES.

So, thoughts?

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I think you're pissed off for the wrong reason. This'll probably be yet another MW clone. ¬_¬

3. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

You know, I could go into a pages-long rant about why I think the way I do, but fortunately for me, I don't have to.

I just have to link this and this.

4. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

He's absolutely right for being pissed at a group of murderers, rapists and exortionists pulling a stunt like this.

People who buy this aren't as bad (or ignorant) as the purse-bearers that currently employ this group but they are up there.

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I can't see this game being any worse for gaming than EA or Activision already are. Unbunch your panties. There's a lot of reasons to be outraged at Blackwater, and from my point of view them making a video game is pretty damn low on the list.