1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

A whole entrance and fight in one chapter???? I couldnt believe what i was reading!

2. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    New Bleach Chapter

Looks like we're headed for a classic "Random Shinigami spend 20 chapters fighting freshly introduced characters nobody cares about" arc.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

At least it starts with big guns, unlike the battle with Aizen. I hope we will finally see some unknown Bankais in these fights.

Also, these Quincy have rather weak design in my opinion.

4. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Their level of design is on the level of Adjuchas, in my opinion. Also.... Nanananajahkoop, Äs Nödt, Bambietta Basterbine. Sure have some retarded names. It's like.... na na na na BATMAN! Ass node and Bambie bastard.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New Bleach, get it while its lukewarm.

Four Captains just lost their Bankai. Literally had them stolen away. And Ichigo broke the technique that did it by that first guy way back when, hah. Saps.

6. Celestin

I'm waiting to see how that does work. Did they lose their Zanpakutōs too? Fortunately for now they lost only the Bankais that we already saw in action.

Also, this is probably the first time that the Captains are presented as the underdogs in the fight (Aizen was the big boss, so he doesn't count). I'm actually a little worried about them.

7. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    My god, this chapter had a ton of padding. I know that it's pretty normal for Bleach to not put much content in each individual chapter these days, but this one was particularly bad.

8. redshell

redshell Order Member

It might be Kubo being all pissy about getting cancelled. We've already discussed this, I know, but they dropped the anime at least here in America, and from what I've heard and read he wanted at least two more arcs before what we have now.

I assume that the reason these are underpar are for a multitude of reasons, although the primary ones are that either A) he's being a little bitch about it, B) he didn't plan this arc out very well because he figured he had time, C) he's being forced to pack a lot of information into one arc or D) all of the above.

9. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if Kubo's under a lot of pressure on account of the serious downward trend Bleach has been suffering from (both in quality and profitability). All that added stress is probably not doing the quality of his work any favors. We could be headed for a death spiral (Bleach gets worse -> More pressure on Kubo -> Stress drags quality of his work down further -> even more pressure ... and so on).

10. Celestin

Source? Because as far as I remember everybody knew it will be only two more arcs (this and the previous) at least since Aizen was defeated. And I doubt anyone is pressing Kubo, because Beach may not be as popular as it was before, but it's still one of more popular mangas. I'm pretty sure that there was live-action movie announced after the cancellation of the anime.

11. Celestin

It seems that this technique seals not only Bankais, but Zanpakutōs as a whole. Also, how mean it's to not let us see new Bankais (I know I'm repeating myself, but I really want to finally see them, dammit).

Lastly - forget Ichigo, it's Zaraki who will save the day.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just don't get how guys who can keep up with the top three Espada, the oh-so-feared Vasto Lorde's, the same guys that had an entire extra year to train themselves to- as Renji put it- compete with Aizen, now find themselves being decimated by Quincies.

I mean, what the fuck, Uryu? You had this kind of potential inside of you all this time, and you were fodder only slightly better than Chad for the better part of your screen time?

Now to wait for Ryuken to show up out of nowhere and either save the day, or turn out to be working with the Stern Ritters all along. I'm going with the latter for the sake of it.

13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To be fair, the whole schtick of the quincy is that the more spirit particles that are in the air, the more powerful they are. So if this manga has suffered from power creep like most do, by the end they would be the toughest opponents because they can use how strong you are against you.

14. Clerith

High Score:
    The Quincy use their fancy artifacts and shit, and deny the Shinigami's strongest weapon, Bankai. Once their tricks get figured out, the Shinigami will have a chance.

Kinda interestingly drawn chapter, though. Very frantic and combat-like. It was fun to read. Ichigo, Kenpachi and Mayuri will probably be the star players here. Honestly, the longer the manga goes on, the more important all these strange thingamajigs become. Mayuri's almost irreplaceable these days.

15. redshell

redshell Order Member

So, did anybody else notice Grimmjow on the fourth page on mangastream?

It's like Kubo's not even trying to be subtle about it.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The obvious solution to their current problem is to just throw Kenpachi at it. Dude can't even use bankai (that we're aware of.)

17. redshell

redshell Order Member

For that matter, he doesn't even talk to his sword. Have him take off his eye-patch, and it's game over for the Stern Ritter, simply because Kenpachi is a berserker.

18. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, your plan to defeat the guys who use ambient spirit particles and bend them to their will to use as weapons, is to send a guy who can't control his spirit pressure at all, because he can't use bankai. I don't suppose you actually READ the manga right? Ichigo and Ishida couldn't take down a menos seperately, but when Ishida stuck Ichigo's sword on top of his head, he could one shot them. Kenpachi is like Ichigo, but twenty thousand times worse when it comes to releasing spirit particles into the air.

19. chaosfire999

chaosfire999 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

It would be interesting to see how Aizen would have tried to deal with them, before the ridiculous power-up brought on by the Hogyoku.

I can't believe I spelled Hogyoku right without having to look it up.

20. Clerith

High Score:
    For that to work, the Quincy would have to touch Kenpachi. And if you're touching Kenpachi, he's probably already killed you.

They're using ambient spirit particles? I know it was anime filler, but Bounts.