1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I doubt it will be cancelled. It may be a shadow of itself, but it's still popular enough (compared to other less popular mangas) to not be in danger of being cancelled anytime soon. That said I'm reading it for three things:
    - Bankais (which is why I hate this stealing technique that delays use of new ones),
    - the Zero Division, but after seeing all these new characters' designs I'm worried if they will live up to my expectations,
    - final reveal about connection between Ichigo, his parents, Urahara, Aizen and the Spirit King (and about what he really is).

Unfortunately, it seems that I will wait few more months before I will see any of these things.

And I hope that one day someone will take this world and use it to its full potential. Someone like Nuhuh, only with more often and regular updates. ;)

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

3. Celestin

I love Kenpachi. He's like a sole beacon of hope in this manga. The guy who defeats his enemy in one panel instead of three chapters. Shame he didn't take out few more of them before going after the big boss.

4. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Have to agree there. It also helps that Kenpachi has close to zero respect for the enemies he's facing and constantly comments on how stupid they and their abilities are. He practically comes across as a guy who knows he's stuck in a shitty manga and wants out.

5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

6. Celestin

Bleach is usually at its best when it's doing flashbacks. Also a new Bankai and quickly ended fight. Why more chapters can't be like this one?

7. IamCaboose

IamCaboose First Year

Did I read the chapter right? Did it really say that Sasakibe really got his Bankai in one month? I'm even sadder that he died now.

8. Celestin

By the way, I just discovered that there is a novel showing what was happening in the Soul Society in these two years when Ichigo didn't have his powers. It even has chapters showing Aizen getting along with other prisoner that is a former Kenpachi, but I haven't found a complete summary of it yet.

Its title is Spirits Are Forever With You.

EDIT: And the question for these who read more about it - what's the deal with "Novelpachi"? From a little I managed to understand when people are writing about it, the novel somehow established that Zaraki can't be really defeated because he is always as strong as his opponent or something like that. Can anyone give more explanation?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. redshell

redshell Order Member

The only thing I can think of, having not read the novel, is that it has something to do with the eyepatch. Perhaps there is some sort of sensor built into it and it lessens the amount of reiatsu it sucks away to put him on level with his opponent. Either that or he gauges their strength and adjusts his own to fit them.

If either was the case, I've gotta wonder what Kenpachi going all out would be like.

10. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Depends on how you interpret it. It could mean that he spent that month learning to materialise his zanpakuto and did the bankai training. Or it could mean that he was already at the materialisation stage and spent a month doing the bankai training.

TBH, saying he learnt bankai in a month doesn't really tell us much since we don't know how long it usually takes or at what point you can say "I'm trying to get my bankai".

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Didn't Yoruichi say learning bankai takes 10 years early on?

12. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Yeah, she did. I totally forgot about that. :facepalm

To be exact, she says it takes 10 years to achieve materialisation. So Choujirou either condensed that 10 year process into a month and made his zanpakuto submit on top of that, or he was already at the materialisation stage and spent a month subjugating his zanpakuto. Or a mix where he finished up the first stage and completed the last stage.

...So I'm still not clear on this subject.

13. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New Bleh is up.

Yama-ji is pissed, Captains are slowly getting ready to recover, no Ichigo, and Zaraki was apparently beaten off-screen. Oh, and the Zangetsu-looking Quincy-thingamajig leader is named Bach. Oi.

14. Constans

Constans Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Decent chapter - mostly filler though. Liked the drawing detail for a change actually.

But did they have to do that to Kenpachi? :-(

15. redshell

redshell Order Member

I used to talk to this chick. >.>

On the subject of actually related to Bleach, I suppose Kenpachi had to be beaten by someone eventually, and the fact that Yamamoto actually knows who this guy is does make sense, because there was a Quincy uprising in the past, but at the same time it just feels contrived.

16. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Yamamoto - Bankai.

What. The. Fuck?

Next episode, there goes your Bankai.

17. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy shit. Mind = blown. I wasn't expecting that. But it shows just how serious Yamamoto is being right now. Instead of annoying, prolonged battle with multiple power-ups, straight for the throat, man.

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy shit. Mind = blown. I wasn't expecting that. But it shows just how serious Yamamoto is being right now. Instead of annoying, prolonged battle with multiple power-ups, straight for the throat, man.

19. Celestin

I think he has some backup plan. Otherwise using it now doesn't make any sense.

20. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I think his bankai is condensed like Ichigo's so absorbing it might not work. It's only two ways it can go though.