1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. Davinelulinvega

Davinelulinvega Third Year

The only thing it means is that he will be beaten easily by some contrived machinism of Bachs. Aizen figured out a counter and he didn´t even know about his bankai (presumably).
    So since Bach had a thousand years to prepare I think we can assume that so will he.

Unless Kubo decided to just let the story end like this: Yama just kills everyone, THE END.

It would certainly restore some respect for him at least for me.

2. Izanagi

Izanagi First Year

Impressive bankai if nothing else, Bach has considerable fighting power (considering he destroyed Kenpachi seemingly effortlessly) and foreknowledge of its base abilities, so we should be in for one hell of a fight hopefully.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

A great Bankai. Maybe not very surprising, but definitely doesn't disappoint.

But what I really like at the moment is unpredictability of Bleach. I was expecting months of pointless fights like with the Fake Karakura Town arc and instead we got straight to the big bosses' battle with half of action happening between panels.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bleach, get it while its hot.

Note that the first two and the last three pages are not related to the current chapter at all and are just more shit art slapped on.

I knew he had to have a South and North abilities as well.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

North and South were obvious but I sure as hell wasn't expecting that.

6. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

I really want Yamamoto to be the one to defeat this guy, and not have Ichigo rush in to save the day. I mean damn, what the hell can Ichigo do to top this?!

7. Davinelulinvega

Wherein Yamamoto turned into Alucard...

8. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

It's kind of funny how when Tite starts ignoring his main character the series gets much better. I hope Ichigo stays in that cage the entire arc and if things hit the fan the royal guard has to come in to fix it.

9. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It would have done a lot more for the Ichigo's character progression to have him start jinzen after a while or something, instead of continuing to bitch wildly. I don't mind him being hamstrung, but he devolves into a screaming idiot every time.

Yamamoto's is the best bankai I've seen, love how it pwnt Hyounimaru from distance without even trying.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  10. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I haven't read Bleach since Ichigo infiltrated Hueco Mundo way back when (which I've found to be sufficient background knowledge for 90% of Bleach fanfiction). But what I want to know is: is Bleach worth getting back into, or is it really as bad as a lot of people suggest it is?

11. Celestin

Honestly? Wait till it's over and then just skim the best parts like the recent battle where Yamamoto shows how badass he is.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    On an semi-related note, I'm wondering if Kubo might give Yamamoto one last direction with his bankai - Center.

13. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

That's his endgame. Before that he's got north-east, north-west, south-east and south-west. ;)

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    This was more what I meant by that.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Yeah, I knew what you meant. Just trying (and failing) to make a funny.

16. Celestin

A new chapter.

I'm quite disappointed by how this battle ended, but can't say it was unexpected. Still, maybe it's what needed to happen for the Zero Division or even the Spirit King to finally show up.

17. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

God. Fucking. Dammit.

Not only are we NOT done with Aizen, but Yamamoto who has spent the last dozen or so chapters proving just what a fucking monster he is, gets smacked down in one hit. And now Mister Superman Ichigo has to come to save the day.

None of this is surprising; Ichigo as the main character has to be the one to lay the smackdown on the archvillain. And there's no way that the villain that has been the main focus of the manga for years is going to just be tossed aside just like that. It's just that Kubo was going somewhere GOOD with this for once. Ever since the end of the Soul Society Arc it's been a repeat of the same formula again and again. I was just hoping--naively as it turns out--that maybe the guy that's the FOUNDER of the current afterlife's security force, who we've never seen go all-out to any of the villains, who's bankai is so ridiculously overpowered that it's actually gradually destroying Soul Society and just broke another bankai just by being near it, and has over a thousand years of battle experience, would be more capable of killing the end boss than a teenager.

Oh wait, shonen manga. What was I thinking?

As a side question, if these guys are Quincies, and that they are just humans with talents with manipulating the spirit particles in the air, how the bloody hell is their leader as old as Yamamoto, but looks younger? The immortality thing was the Bount's territory, and they were FILLER.

18. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Now that Yamamoto's curbstomp is over and he got predictably killed (in a contrived way because it has to be Ichigo who defeats the big bad) I am bored again. Really, just am along to ride to see the bankai of the other captains we haven't seen yet.

19. Davinelulinvega

Just wait until IT WAS ALL PART OF MY COMPLETE HYPNOSIS!!! GHARGHLRGLGLGEGLFE

20. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I genuinely hope that this is how the manga ends.

Everything since the Soul Society arc was Aizen's absolute hypnosis.

If Kishimoto is going to go full troll, Kubo might as well join in on the fun.