1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Blizzard to announce new game

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KenderCleric, May 17, 2007.

1. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Huh. That's very surprising. Though, I suppose to some degree it's Blizzard's way of dealing with Flagship and their other upcoming game Mythos....even if it seems like crap compared to even Diablo 1.

2. The Fat General

The Fat General Muggle

I hope its a new RTS, hopefully a starcraft 2. The one thing I hated most about war3 was when they introduced the heroes and made it more of a squad on squad game rather then the pure RTS that starcraft was.

Though if anyone noticed last week when vivendi announced their first quarter results (mainly the 100%+ rise in profit from the VG division) then I suspect that blizzard will be making another MMO, the profits have been to high for the big wigs in Paris to accept anything else.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  3. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Announcing it in Korea does not mean Strarcraft, it just means that the game will be multiplayer. Remember the Koreans are the ones who play so long that they die playing, and have Pro gammers who are treated like movie stars in America. But in the end it would be like Blizzard to pull a fast one and say show something we would never see coming... maybe a Startcraft Prequel?

4. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

Play-by-play of the announcement with somewhat unprofessional comments. I'm refreshing over and over waiting for it.

edit: I hate to say told you so, but, TOLD YOU SO!

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  5. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

6. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

7. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

The Hydralisk art is my new wallpaper. Who doesn't love Hydras? :D

They're so cute. I want a pet Hydralisk.

8. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Using the terran marine wallpaper at the moment. Always was my favourite team.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  9. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

It might not be a new MMO, but I'm still happy. A new RTS that isn't C&C! YAY!!!

10. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

I'm happily wrong! Starcraft 2!

11. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Ah the good ol' times. Brings back memories as i sat on my ass 24/7 playing Starcraft.

If it's going to be the a new starcraft MMO then i might buy it. Hopefully i have time to play the game.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

WOOOOOOOOOOOH! SC2!

Using Starcraft 2 logo as my background.

Looks like theres going to be some new characters in play judging by the artwork.
    Oh this will be good.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

A-Fucking-Men.

I'm a huge fan of RTS and Town-builders, and I've always preferred Warcraft II to Starcraft. Was just funner.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I am of the opinion that a Starcraft MMO would not be that appealing to me. I played Starcraft for the storyline, then the gameplay. I kept playing because of the gameplay. As an MMO, I dont think it would work very well. At the very least, I think it would be like a WoW-esque like feeling and gameplay.

15. Neffiedrake

Neffiedrake First Year

It's Starcraft 2!

16. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

You're about fifteen posts too late, Neffie.

17. Neffiedrake

Neffiedrake First Year

Noticed too late :)

I am kind of happy that it is Starcraft 2, though. I never truly liked Diablo and I didnt think that they would break off WoW by introducing a Strategy Sequel

18. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

This is going to be aswome. I'm just worried how much money i'm going to spend. grumbles to himselfl

19. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would hate it if they put out another Diablo. The crew for it are working on a completely different game now(I think this was mentioned before), one that looks pretty bad ass by the way, and I see no reason to see if a new crew can pull that off. Hell, maybe they'll do a better job, but most people are into MMO's now and I just can't see a Diablo MMO. Heh, World of Diablo. WoD. That'd give me a laugh, but not much else. I don't think I'd spend much money on it.

A new game would be sweet, Blizzard has always come up with really cool shit, but the only thing that I could look forward to is a brand new game, hopefully not an MMO. I got WoW for that. Now, I'm going to go sleep off my hangover from a grad party last night while you guys have fun. Peace.

20. Cthulu

Cthulu Unintelligent Bigot

For those of you who are ignorant as to the "story progress" in the Diablo and Warcraft universes, Blizzard is not the one who diesides the story, it is the author Richard A. Knaak.

I cant remember wether he makes the Starcraft storyline but atleast he makes the Diablo and Warcraft ones. He also writes the back stories that pertain to Warcraft, such as various Tauren stories. His books are to be found at amazon.com.