1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bloodborne PS4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Okay I think I have every right to be a little annoyed at having the level up function be gated behind either killing or dying to the cleric beast. Did not expect that and spent a stupid amount of time running around trying to find the person you level up at.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can be annoyed all you want. Bloodborne sustains itself on your tears.

I lost 10k souls farming early. Didn't even realize I couldn't level up until I was at around 8k, lol.

3. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The big, white guy with the axe is easysauce - intimidating at first, but he's easy to dodge around, dashing to the sides at melee range, and hack at his legs. One of them is his weak spot too or something, he sometimes falls down and lets me wail at him. The ball chain guy though.... fuck him -_-.

Legacy, maybe, it was probably a nod to Demon's Souls, where you also had to kill the first boss before you could level up. Also to prove that you don't need stats to kill bosses, and that everyone has to kill the first boss on equal footing? Idk, I thought it was fine. But I'm used to that.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    I struggled with Cleric, then 2 shot Gazza. I'd have one shot him, but, well, let's just say he surprised me.

The threaded cane did me no favours against Cleric. I dunno if it'd have been easier with one of the other two. Meh.

5. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I'm just ready for the weekend so I can actually sit down and play for any length of time. I only got a couple hours in last night, and probably won't get the chance tonight. Killing me here.

6. Clerith

High Score:
    Finally found a weapon that I really like. Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's definitely going to be a popular one. The longsword mode really reminds me of Blueblood Sword and Balder Swag Sword. Had the R1 been a two-hit combo instead of four, it would have been so perfect. But the claymore mode... oh my god. Better than any Souls Claymore, with forward, wide and fast swings, with Zwei R2. It staggers very well too.

And the fourth boss (for me - there are three bosses you can do in any order after the second boss) finally ended my boss kill streak, took three tries.

I have to say that the hunter npcs you fight are all pretty crazy :D

7. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm desperate to get Eileen the Crow's daggers. You can kill or, or let her die for them, but I can't do shit like that...

Even in a From game :(

8. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

You don't have to fight the Cleric Beast to level, you could fight Gasciogne or pop an Eldritch Skull too. You just need a point of insight for her to open up.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not a fan of how little we're gushing over the little follower...dudes.

I dunno how, but they've made something that at first looked utterly horrifying seem absolutely adorable in no time at all. Maybe it's those ones chilling at the Echo vendor like it's a spa with their drinks.

I'm also loving reading the 'Bloodborn is a bad game' articles. Especially when they mention the 'hellish' run back to Cleric Beast, letting on that they haven't even bothered exploring and finding the shortcuts.

GIT GUD

The shortcuts aren't even that hard to find if you're looking for one. I expect people are just utterly failing without a map.

---------- Post automerged at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Bloodborne in a nutshell

You know, if you're still unsure what to expect from this game.

:3

10. Samuel Black

Man, the Cleric Beast has my fricking number right now. Still, for my first Souls game, I'm having way more fun than my number of deaths should suggest lol.

Alright, so I got him on my third try which was just satisfying as fuck. Finally.

Edit 2; annnnnd I just found my new favorite thing. All hail the Kirkhammer. I mean, I loved the saw cleaver, but I can't not roll with the sword hammer combo.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  11. Gengar

High Score:
    Talk about contrasts. First massive temple guard dude I encounter has an axe and is the easiest 700 echoes you'll ever get. Just dash behind before he can hit you with one of his massive slams (he lifts a leg up) and get off a full charge attack. Rinse repeat (I couldn't get a visceral off, maybe can't?)

The next one though? With the massive flail? Fuck that guy. If you get behind him he'll just sweep 360, and the area he's in makes dodging his long range slams.. problematic.

Edit: Got him. Cunt.

12. Samuel Black

I don't know, I noticed last night I was having a hell of a time pulling off visceral attacks. Id nail the guy with my gun, he'd stagger, and then I just couldn't get it to work. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I saw one guy post on reddit that he was having to hold r1 instead of just tapping it, so I'm hoping that'll fix it.

13. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

It doesn't look like its possible to get a visceral attack off on the giants, or at the very least you have to wait for them to actually stagger and fall over but even then I've never been able to pull it off.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Sam, don't rush it. I feel like every time I've missed my VA I've probably been hitting a directional button at the same time.

Those two ogres between the giants with their backs to you are perfect practise dummies.

Stagger one, ignore the other as it's charging its attack and tap R1 when he's down. Invulnerability and all that.

Just realised I sounded a bit 'serenity now' there.

BTW, took a screen of these adorable guys!

[​IMG]

15. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Just started. I'm curious, what Origin did everyone choose? I chose Waste of Skin.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Cursed Fate. It has the highest item discovery value (which you can only see once you're in game).

It's worth it for the blood vials alone.

17. Clerith

High Score:
    I picked Veteran since I decided on a quality character. Item discovery? I have it at base, and I've had to sell bullets and blood vials to make more space, lol.

This game... it started all about blood and beasts, but after Yharnam, turns into Cthulhu nightmares.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    They're not the only things that drop. I often get multiples of rarer items too. Twin bloodshards etc.

I imagine that quality/ frequency changes the further into the game you are.

19. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I'm baked right now and I can't wait till I get to this part of the game. Pant shitting will commence soon.

20. Samuel Black

Don't sell bullets and vials, man. Extras go straight into your storage at Hunters rest, and it refills your inventory up to twenty when you die if you have enough. I haven't ever came close to running out of either. I picked veteran, cause I wanted to do a strength build. Hugplx, is it worth dumping a point or two into that stat? Or is the gap to wide to not even bother?