1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bloodborne PS4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

So, pretty happy. Just managed to one-shot my first boss. Granted, it was the witch of hemwick, but hey, a win is a win. I'm really hoping to try to get through the rest of the game this weekend. Should have lots of free time.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're close.

Ish.

Maybe. :p

3. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

I managed to one-shot that cunt (or those cunts) too. Feels good.

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

So my favorite lets players have been doing a Bloodborne run, and I got about ten episodes in before throwing my hands up and going out to buy a PS4. I was going to get one for Persona 5 anyway, but this game looks so much better than Dark Souls II I couldn't resist.

My knowledge ends at the most recent episode of their LP, so the last thing I knew about was the guy with the pilebunker in the clock tower. He slaughtered the lets players, so I wasn't really liking my chances, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Got up there, tried to get some stuns on him, wasn't working. Started to sweat.

Guy steps back and falls off the clocktower.

I'll fuckin' take it.

5. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Haha Pat and Woolie on two best friends? Their hype gets me super hyped. They still haven't figured out the jump attack which makes the threaded cane whip godlike.

Does anybody know if you have to be wearing Healing church garb to make the Nun complacently?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. Gengar

High Score:
    I remember a nun reacting differently to me with it on, yes.

Probably one of the hardest fights in the game for me was a hunter for the final part of the Eileen quest. I cheesed the shit out of him with the jump whip attack, lol. Though rifle spear probably has even more reach tbh.

Menace, that fight went the exact same way for me, rofl. He was raping me really hard, and just as I was thinking I'd have to get through all that area again, I engaged ham mode, quick stepped forward-right to engage and he just suicided.

Much lol.

I also took it.

I can't wait for P5 either :3

Btw, 2 trophies until Plat. One 'ending' trophy I'll just crit path and the
    Yarnham
    kill one in Chalice Dungeons. Fucking doing the Defile Chalice Dungeon. Fuck that fucking shit.

You have half health for the entire dungeon, and two of the bosses are a headless, mounted BSB and Amygdala...

Yeah, fuckity fuck fuck. Much cursing has been had.

7. Striker

... Okay, what the what. I killed Father Gascoigne, slaughtered the Cleric Beast, did Old Yarnham, etc. etc. Can't figure out how to get to progression, now. I sent the old lady to the cathedral and she showed up, but I told Gascoigne's daughter to do the same and she hasn't showed up yet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction without too many spoilers? I'm just sorta wandering around right now.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Cathedral Ward. Ascend to your destiny.

9. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Yo, Menace. Go kill the pig before Gascoigne again.

As far as progression all paths lead to the Healing Church, You can buy your way in for 10000 souls or you can sneak in through the bottom of the Church Workshop. (you either need to buy the key from the messengers and unlock the gate, or go through the hole that opened up when you beat BSB and do some platforming to get to an area with an elevator).

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Ok, ruin my horrible attempts at being subtle and cryptic...

Wanker.

11. Samuel Black

For the nun, it just needs to be clothing somewhat associated with the church. She reacted to me when I was wearing Papa G's set. And if you can't find where to go after Old yharnam and the beast, follow the giant murder beasts.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I'll leave this line here too:

In Yarnham, hookers love churches.

13. Striker

It's already one of my favorite series of theirs, yeah. And would you say the threaded cane is worth buying, even if I started with the axe? It's in the shop, but I never got around to buying it. I've been sticking to the axe and the saw you pick up in the sewers, mostly.

14. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The cane is good only if you have very high skill. IMO the axe is a superior starter weapon. 2h charged R2 all the time, baby.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    The cane has a comparatively low skill scaling (compared to, say, Blade of Mercy), but can use wpn enchantments (unlike BoM, my baby).

Either way, buy all the weapons. Because trophies. You can also try them out to see if you like.

Don't bother upgrading it though if you've not been leveling skill. While it doesn't scale super well off skill, it's a whole level of magnitude more than strength.

As for superior weapons (while I'm sure one will eventually be theorycrafted as the 'best'. Read: probably chikage), I don't think there's such a thing. Each weapon is so different, different people will react uniquely to each weapon.

I would have struggled a lot more with the 2h axe because I dance around enemies and play hyper aggressively. The cane then BoM is perfect for me given that (the former plays like a rapier and the latter daggers).

I'd recommend finding two completely different weapons that scale off similar stats. Some mechanics are not kind to certain playstyles.

Tl;dr commit to a stat (skill, str, BT, Arcane) then try all weapons that scale off it.

But the cane is awesome.

16. Estarc

Estarc Third Year

In my personal experience, the threaded cane's whip form is so powerful that it feels cheap using it. So many difficult boss battles become a joke thanks to the weapon's range. It'll also tear through large mobs, provided you position yourself well.

That said, Bloodborne's enemies themselves also feel rather cheap more than occasionally, so I'd definitely recommend keeping a threaded cane in reserve unless you specifically want to make to game more challenging.

In a single play through you can get every weapon to level 6 with no difficulty. Just gotta farm a bit. There is a limited supply of mats to get from 6-9 though, so you only sorta become committed once you get a couple weapons leveled up that high.

I definitely believe though that any weapon is viable. Even your fists with sufficient patience. So try to find something that feels good, rather than focusing on what the internet thinks is good. For me, that was the Burial Blade. I spent dozens of hours waiting to find a weapon that felt just right, that really meshed with me, before eventually all but giving up. Then I unlocked the Burial Blade in playthrough three. Felt good man.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    L2 on the BB is brilliant.

*scythe form obv

18. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Threaded cane is hard to beat for its versitility, as mentioned above. Speed, range, variety in damage applications, etc.

Also don't sleep on the ability to still use your gun in transformed whip. Only a few weapons allow that, all skill weapons I believe. It truly covers most any problematic situations you'll run into. Plus with high skill, good blood stones and upgrades it does respective damage.

19. Samuel Black

Man, fuck that spider creating fuck. I think I've got a handle on him now, but man, that mob had my number for a bit. I can't believe I let this guy break my streak of boss one shots. The witch, shadows, and the lightning freak, and it's a freaking slug that manages to kill me.

Edit: Finally.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  20. Gengar

High Score:
    I struggled with Rom too.

Had to fight him again in a chalice dungeon in a tiny ass room, lol. Fun times. Just gotta keep moving.