1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Book 7 release: July 21

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Adam

Adam Second Year

I will be buying it at midnight. And probably throwing it out the window by 4am.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'll just get it on computer again. I thought she'd release it on the 31st, being Harry's birthday and all. She seems like an author that would do that.

3. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

you know las time there was a video all over the Web with some asshole driving around bookstore with all the huge line in the day HBP got out and screaming spoilers. How... tragic. He barely made out alive.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I saw that video, he didn't "barely" make it out. He was driving around screaming, "Snape kills Dumbledore!". Some people barely heard it. The worst he got was, "You bitch!".

5. Evil Shnitzel

For some reason I remember rocks trown on his car and some other shit said to him but I'm senile so you are probably right . =)

Anyway I changed my mind, I will buy the book the day it comes out.

6. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Maybe we are talking about two different videos? From the one I remember, he was driving around screaming it. But he was kind of a chicken, no megaphone or anything. Just quick screams. Do you have a link?

The video I am talking about

7. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

I'll preorder it, get it with the mail on the 21st, and won't get out of it before I'm finished.

Then after I've turned the last page I'll go back to the first one and start all over again, but more calmly; for I'm sure I'll have missed a few bits here and there. That's the curse of being French, reading in English and being too eager to reach the end.

Then after I'm done reading it for the second time, I'll go back to the first page again and read it aloud (translating it) to my sister, who can't read English and who will bug me for months till I do it.

That's already what happened with OotP and HBP.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

OotP I read similar as you Tinn - the first time very fast in one go, and then slowly, inhaling every detail. With HBP I started the same way, but I was less enthusiastic while reading it a second time and skipped several parts.

I'm not very optimistic concerning DH, so I won't be too disappointed if it is as fangirlish as a lot of people fear. Instead I will be positively surprised if it is better than expected.

9. Evil Shnitzel

Yep that's the one. It seems my memory is damaged. No matter, the guy is still asshole. :)

10. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

I'll have to sort out out a preorder somewhere I guess. I'll certainly be getting it as quickly as I can once it is released if only for the sense of completion of the series, and to see how JKR thinks it should end.

I'm 99% certain I'll end up thinking her ending is quite quite moronic, especially if it is anything like HBP and/or builds upon the ridiculous pairings set up in HBP (which I admit seems very likely unfortunately). I'm really not optimistic that it'll be good, but I suppose I can always blot it out with fanfiction if that turns out to be the case. That and alcohol >.>

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Why doesn't she just buy the French copy? Probably have to wait longer but yeah.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'll get the book.

But only because i'm going to take it everywhere and bitchsmack anyone who talks about it with it.

13. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Well, she will buy the French copy, but in the meantime (5 to 6 months) there are two possibilities:

— I willingly translate the book to her.
    — I have to suffer her "So what happens??" questions, and if I am unfortunate enough to answer in order to get rid of her, I get a "But don't SPOIL it!!"

...So yeah.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  14. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

How did you read the book online a few hours after it was released?

15. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

The books were online in PDF format a few days I think before the official release date.

Maybe only one day but it was definitely online early.

In terms of how, the piracy scene is very far reaching and something as big as this book will get peoples attention and they will get their hands on it early somehow.

16. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I think I'll look into getting it in PDF as well. I don't want to wait over night for the damn thing, I know I or my sister will buy it eventually anyways, and I want to avoid issues with assholes spoiling it. I am almost certain it will be highly dissapointing, but I will read it none-the-less. (And buy it too, damn my perfectionist collecting tendencies!)

17. Dark Minion

Yeah - some forums suddenly saw usernames like R.A.B. or MarvoloGaunt nearly a week before the official release. Nobody noticed it until everyone got his hands on the book.

I still prefer paper over pdf. The feeling of paper between the fingers is part of the atmosphere to read a book (or even a newspaper). I spend so much time in front of a screen reading and writing that I even print some of the fanfics to read them offline.

18. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Just checking teletext for some football scores and saw a headline about DH.

Apparently, like OotP and HBP, DH is Jk's favourtire yet!

She was wrong about the previous. Third time lucky? Lets hope.

19. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Oh no. There goes any hope that book had of being decent. I've boycotted the GOF movie because of plot-holes and I'm thinking about just DL-ing DH so that JKR doesn't get any money out of me this time. BTW, I went to the Morrissons near where I live for the last two books, so I don't have to be as anal as to wait all night at a book store. (LOL!)

20. Dark Minion