1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Books with main character like Jack Reacher

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by James, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want a Jack Reacher in space book. Not literally, but a military sci-fi with the mc being like Reacher. I read a book called Planetside recently by Michael Mammay that was like that (Still in Military Reacher, not Modern Day Reacher), but the protagonist was nowhere near Reacher's level of badassery (though the book was still pretty enjoyable).

2. 13thadaption

13thadaption Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I'd recommend David Gunn's Death's Head series as being pretty much this. The protagonist is a huge, ridiculous badass soldier who gets caught up in intergalactic politics way above his pay grade.

3. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So I read most of the Los Norton books over the last two months or so and while I mostly liked them I have to admit that they clearly haven't aged very well (and honestly probably were problematic even when they came out). They can be incredible misogynistic and racist.

Also the similarities with Jack Reacher are pretty limited in my opinion.

I have watched what is been out so far and can say I was pleasantly surprised. I think they have done a great job of adopting the material for a more modern audience while keeping most of the tone/setting that made the books so interesting to read.

4. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lee Child is retiring and turning over the Reacher series to his younger brother.