1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Alright, here we go.

@Fonti
    Nope. In fact, I'd say that's almost the exact opposite of what I told you, how did you get that?

If you want details however,

If he's town...
    -He has a useless ability and is painting a target on himself for Scum in order to keep them from hitting someone who could have a bigger effect on the game. LIKELY SCALE 8/10: why would he do that this early on the first post when no one character has even drawn attention to themselves?
    -He could be telling the truth and trying to Townfirm himself. This one's ridiculous in that it goes hand-in-hand with derp, unless he has some reason to not fear NKs or us lynching him over that move. Again, UNLIKELY SCALE 10/10: He's too experienced for that.

If he's scum...
    -Hoping that going for the audacious early claim would make us think that there is no way he'd be this obvious and ignore him, hiding in plain sight. UNLIKELY SCALE 7/10: Of course he's a multi-layered thinker, and this is complex enough that he'd try to pull it off.

Just plain reasons...
    -Reactions: This could be both to Scumhunt and Rolehunt.
    -RVS: Always a possibility, pretty much dismissed now that he's posted further.

All in all, his moves to me made more sense from a Scum perspective--not absolute sense, just the least unlikely probability, enough to vote and pressure. There's your answer.

Though, interestingly,
    My reasons are strikingly similar to what you yourself said in the same post.

Let me ask you this: Why would you even ask me to explain myself and then immediately stop me from legitimately doing so by giving the answers yourself? No one was pressuring you. There was no need for it.
    The only result is that my answers, even if they were a breathtaking work of logic and brilliance, look like I'm just parroting you.

It comes off as if you're doubtcasting me.

--

@Rubi
    The scummiest thing Zeit has done so far has been calling my actions 'excessive zeal' (I know what it means, but, what?) and his question about the Nemrut vote, so why did you vote for him?
    “Do you think he’s town?” is not an answer, especially given that you’re secure enough to try to lead the double-vote.

Why do we assume 4 scum? Do games usually have 4 scum? Seems like an odd number when all games I've played and observed so far have had 3.
    Did Proph say 4 somewhere? I missed it if so.

--

@Titus
    Well, at least we know you’re going to be complicated from the get-go.
    Why Citrus? All he did was ask more details on your role.

--

@Zennith
    #45 has been nothing but defensiveness. You were doing ok before then, and we know you don’t handle pressure well.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

He is saying splitting my vote is something scum can do to look town.

Voting two people doesn't make me obv town.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Sloth, Citrus's question looked more like a rolefish versus the comments seeking to define my votes.

3. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

All this means is that unless we're 100% sure she's Town when we're down to 5-6 players, she should probably be the one to go, if still around.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

1. Do not answer questions not addressed to you. 2.You are advocating paranoia above all else. Proph comes from the school of thought that a double vote for scum is significantly overpowered for scum. Ergo, Titus is town. The only way she isn't is if the double vote wears off before mylo could possibly occur.

Titus: I would like to know more about your ability, since so much of it is already in the open, but I'm willing to trust your judgement.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Good night y'all. Any ninjaed questions will be answered tomorrow.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Feel free to reread the question. I asked you if there's good reason to not reveal anything, and you have only deflected.

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

You really should not be trying to meta-game Proph, especially not this early on.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Count 1.1
    (9 to lynch)

Rubicon (2): Sloth, Irdiumstern
    Irdiumstern (1): Citrus
    Sloth (1): fontisian
    Zeitgeist (1): Rubicon
    Citrus (1): Titus
    Zennith (1): Titus

Abstain (10): Zeitgeist, Zennith, blab, Luckylee, ika, Custer, Riley Poole, Maiden, Nemrut, Possum

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Reason 1)
    Irid placed a third vote, which is solidifying a lynch train fairly strongly very early in the game.

2)
    "while not definitely scummy in my mind, required investigation"
    Something about the language here doesn't mesh well with the placed vote. Not scummy, but placing a third vote is a helluva lot of pressure. From what I've read so far (on not much sleep) I am a suspicious of Irid.

Sloth likes to talk a lot, and I think I can get a scumread on him given enough time if he's actually scum. For now, I look forward to his massive wallposts :p

9. fontisian

Sloth and Zeit are scum. Reasons in the morning.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Is there a reason why the Rubicon vote is bolded in the vote count post?

11. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Mainly because I've seen games (i.e. those with Jon as the Demon Mayor or Anya as the Gay BFF's Galpal) from the very early days of this site's mafia, and whenever the Mayor/Lump/Double-Voter is evil, the town is in an incredibly terrible position when we start automatically assuming that the doublevoter is innocent. We don't need to necessarily condemn Titus, but we need to consider the possibility. I would not put it past Proph to put in a scum double-voter. Hell, for the sake of balance, he might have made Titus the equivalent of a Demon Mayor, as in a Serial Killer. That would make sense in the context of balance, since this site has had multiple games with third parties. Proph knows this, since he's cognisant of the games play on this site.

tl;dr, don't assume, fontisian.

12. fontisian

1. That does not relate to the matter at hand, because in all of those cases, the double voter was elected by the town, not assigned as a role by the mod. 2. That didn't answer my question. Let me clarify. What specific posts led to that angry reaction in post 47?

Oh, forgot to add Zennith. Sloth, Zennith and Zeit are scum.

13. Zeitgeist

That's why I was pissed. Titus knows that others will view her like "conftown". And she is reaping in the rewards by directing the town. Something about her game reminds me a lot of Anya's, along the lines of smug knowing. I can't quite place my finger on it, but it's a quality that Titus shares with Jon and Anya in those third party games. fontisian, I think you're town, despite your accusations of me, but you are an oxen attached to Titus's cart. The crowd are cheering you on, and you think that they cheering you, but Titus is the one in the chariot: she's leading you to the slaughter. :/

Mark my words: there is a Serial Killer in this game, and that person is Titus.

Fontisian, you should stop metagaming Prophylaxis. Until Prophylaxis tells us himself that Titus is town, she is not "conftown" in my books.

14. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

I know 3 is average, but we have no concrete info so far and we are more players than usual. To me, that is sufficient reason to make the safety margin for hammers larger than usual. Proph hasn't said anything afaik.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You're turning into Uncle Stojil. Fuck. :p

I think scum-Zeitgeist would be worried about looking too eager, opportunistic, etc., and also want to avoid the lurker status he often gets in these games. I think he's trying to position himself as a voice of reason and caution by trying to 'talk down' people who are voting too 'fast' early on, or whatever.

I don't really like the way he ignored my vote on him and asking for Titus to vote with me. Anyone else, that would be fine, or even good. But every time I've seen someone try to wagon town-Zeitgeist, he accuses them of being scum trying to get rid of townie, etc. etc.

Me asking Titus to vote with me is something I'd really expect town-him to jump on.

Also - much smaller thing - I remember Zeitgeist saying how much he wanted to play as scum and how sad he was to keep rolling town. I think his enthusiasm here could be part of that?

Mostly though, I just want to wagon the fuck out of him and see what happens.

16. Zeitgeist

Your vote on me is something that I chose to ignore because your playstyle is uncharacteristically aggressive in this set-up. And I do not want to feed into it, in case you are actually scum. Don't feed the troll, after all. Between you and Sloth, I know one of the two of you is scum. Also, don't assume that I haven't forgotten Titus: I am getting increasingly convinced that she is scum in this set-up, and honestly, the only reason why I didn't drive further claws into you is because fontisian said "no role talk". You're either mafia or a pro-town Reporter power-role. If you're the latter, yelling at you would only send the town into a downward spiral.

17. Rubicon

Surface tells like this are not effective against people like Zeitgeist.

18. Zeitgeist

Seriously, fuck all this shit. None of you want to heed my warnings about Titus or really focus on the chaos that Rubicon and Sloth are sowing. But your own loss. I'm getting dinner now, because it's 6pm over in Australia, but get your head in the game, people. :/

---------- Post automerged at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Actually, you know what? Rubicon, I've had enough of your chaotic bs. All the paranoia that you're sowing is simply clouding our cases. I'm going to dinner now, but I hope this is decisive enough for you. Titus can wait, and I will give Sloth the benefit of the doubt, even though I know how fontisian will react giddily to this information. If I'm wrong, we can always lynch Sloth tomorrow.

Lynch vote: Rubicon

19. Rubicon

Why do you think there's a "Reporter power role" in this game?

Why you think that role is town?

Why you think I am that role?

Why you think the quoted sentences above are a good response to fontisian telling you to stop talking about roles?

(Also, you've nailed me, I am in fact the Town Reporter. Good call.)

---------- Post automerged at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Does this mean I was right?

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I do not like this paragraph at all. Particularly the part about Titus being obv-town. Just letting you know.

---------- Post automerged at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

This is actually a good point.

"Do you think he's town?" is me forcing him to take a concrete position on one of my scum reads.

---------- Post automerged at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

This isn't true at all and frankly I have trouble believing you believe it.

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Vote Zeitgeist with me, it's more useful since you agree he's scum too and the wagon will have more impact if more than one person is on it.

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hmm. I'm… completely baffled tbh Rubi, because the quality of your post went from blatant trolling to asking decent questions. Which makes no sense because now people are gonna tunnel on you, a lot. So why did you troll with your first post?