1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking News: DLP Has Obtained The Most Magically Powerful Number!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Antivash, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Congratulations DLP!

It's the second forum I started posting on, the first foreign and the only I check every day (more like every hour).

Also, has anyone thought about doing a chronicle of DLP? With facts and events (like posting of more memorable fics and reactions) from the past, so new members could read about it in one place, learn about big names from the past that are no longer part of DLP and so on.

Personally, I'm curious about the very beginning of the DLP, its creation and first two years since I discovered it around 2007, but not enough to actually make my way through these early posts. ;)

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sadly not my first forum (I think that's Gamefags unfortunately), but definitely the one I've been with longest. And I don't see any reason to leave. DLP's a lot more than just a fanfiction site.

Hoping for many more years to come.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If this is not my first forum, then it's the first forum I ever stayed at. Got here in November of 2005 and got a proper account in December of 2006, when I was fourteen. I may not post often, but DLP is simply the best and it means a whole lot to me.

Happy Birthday DLP. <3

Also, seconding the motion of someone writing a history for DLP. I vaguely know about the major events going on at the time, but it'd be cool if people who participated in them would write their thoughts on the matter and give us behind the scenes information.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Pssh. Seven? More like forever:

Dear Internet,

I am the rage, and the bile, and the ferocity! I am the Prince, and the fool, and the agony! I am the sin, and the fire, and the darkness! [opens his mouth and breathes fire] I shall never die! The thought of me is forever: in the bleeding hearts of men, in their vanity, obsession, and lust! Nothing shall ever destroy me! NOTHING!

Love, DLP.

No. And no one will, because:

Trust no future, howe'er pleasant!
    Let the dead Past bury its dead!
    Act, act in the living present!

H. W. Longfellow.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Happy Birthday DLP. I feel odd knowing that I've been a member here for all but 4 or 5 months of DLP's existence.

6. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Wooow, that long already? Happy Birthday DLP. We miss you Zev. :(

(I've only been here about four years, but I still miss Zev.)

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    6 years 1 month for me, and it's been a hell of a ride the entire time. This is the only forum I've stuck with for any length of time.

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Joined at the end of 2007, and was probably lurking for at least half a year or more prior to that. It's the only forum that I check daily(multiple times, usually), so I suppose it has a place in my heart of some sort.

9. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

Wow, seven years? I've been a part of DLP for three years this month... Time flies when you're having fun.

Happy birthday, DLP.

10. 13thadaption

13thadaption Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

You know, I think DLP is still the only forum I've ever joined. Or at least the only one I remember, who knows how many things I've joined and forgotten since I discovered the internet. It'll be 4 years come June for me, plus another year or two of lurking before I joined.

I wasn't around from the very start, but I remember when there was a lot more e-peen waving. Which is fun in it's own way, but if you look at the threads today compared to threads from a couple years ago the forum has grown a lot. And we have better taste in fanfiction.

I have one probably ban-able confession from those days, but I'm taking this opportunity hoping that Vash will honor his no-bans statement (while totally ignoring the fine print). I didn't really pay attention to the "mod-wars", in those days I didn't really know the prominent members by name, and couldn't be bothered to keep track. I'm not sure how I came to this conclusion, but I think it had something to do with mixing up the players in the "Shezza's a girl" thing. In any case the point is I spent several years convinced Vash was a chick. A badmouthed one who wrote rape/incest fantasy fanfiction. If it's any consolation Vash, you made an awesome chick.

11. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

I have wasted my life. QQ

Also, birthday beats... LOIC ready. Not really.

12. Antivash

Well. It was nice knowing you, bro. I would say its a shame but no one is really going to miss you much.

On a more serious note: Im not sure if this is as amusing as having convinced a few people I was actually a teacher of children under grade 5... I think it was like Kindergarten or something...

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, that was highly amusing. So many horrified people.

14. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

DLP was less than a year old when I joined? Didn't realise this ...

Only forum worth visiting o/

15. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It's a good feeling knowing I've wasted over six years of my life on a worthy venture. :D

Happy fuckin' birthday, DLP.

16. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Heh. I hadn't realised I'd been here for that long.

Good times, people. Good times.

17. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Hey, like... fuck you, man. D:

18. Antivash

Im surprised you havent been beaten for being out of your kitchen that long, woman. Now bring me my beer and shut your whorehole.

And thus wisdom is spoken. Joe said you'd never leave. And you have not. Your soul is mine, fatty Arbuckle.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  19. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

For one who has been through those cob-webbed posts there are a lot of fun times and not so fun times. There was a split around 2007 I believe, but those involved rarely, for good reason, want it brought up.

For those that really want a to find out just go through and read the Hall of Shame. A lot of historical stuff is in there. And check out the announcements old threads. Got some stuff in there, too.

20. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Go rape a small innocent child, you pedo.

See? Good times. I've actually realised that I've been here since Dec-05... six and a half years. I can't even remember how I got here- I think Raven left me a review saying that my story had been posted here and I dutifully followed.