1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Browncoat, Green Eyes by nonjon - Firefly - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

You pulled it off nicely. Harry's and the crew's motivation work somewhat better now. Liked the cliffie, that was pretty good scene. I'm not sure why Harry thought that anti-muggle wards would work against Reavers, when they are practically partially developed wizards.

2. CGB

CGB Auror

Great new chapter. Good explanations of the development of the reavers and the alliance. It's very reasonable and makes the story really good.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Ah another chapter, another cliffhanger. Good job!

4. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Correction: They are carriers of the M-gene, but they lack magic in them. Nice chapter, nice logic. Good job!

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Yeah, it was one of those things where they *hoped* they wouldn't notice them and the aversion charm would work. It's not like putting those up hurt anything. Aside from a minor Inara-heading-off-into-space incident.

I kinda hurried the chapter out early this morning. Gonna be busy today on other crap but still managed to leave it with a mildly evil cliffie.

Man I can't wait for this fic to be done. Weekly good-sized chapters is a lot of work.

6. gadriam

gadriam Second Year

Just popping in with a *smooch* for making those chapters. I just discovered this fic and has been on a reading binge for days. Although it always pains me to be up to date, i guess the boss will be a little happier :cool:.
    Again, may Robert Lind in Kramfors bless your keyboard.

g

7. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

It may be a lot of work, but we appreciate it. I've been reading this fic since the beginning, I forget when I started reviewing on ff.net, but I always say the same thing, so it wouldn't be difficult to find out.

Anyway, this is a quality story, but the cliffhangers are evil... really evil.

8. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Loved the new chapter. Didn't find it boring at all. The dialogue ran nicely, and it seemed shorter than it actually was.

Of course, I wasn't really expecting a cliffhanger, but you still got me....

Damn it all....

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Liked the new chapter, even though most of it was from an OC's POV. I found the description of the whole Reaver clinic to be rather interesting and well worked out. The only thing missing was description of Harry performing mind healing on that cop guy. I know it would have mostly been filler, but I was still kinda looking forward to that scene.

10. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

This nonjon, just keeps getting better and better. Your pulling of lng chapters weekly with a quality that is second to none, i must confess that one of the high lights of my week is when i get the chance to sit down and read through your work! well constructed idea's with nothing that seems to be just babble. Oh yes what of the date that Harry promised River? should be amusing to read i hope?

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Can anyone say Nonjon is awesome?

I can, and I shall.

You're awesome. ^_^

12. iceking1600

iceking1600 Squib

This is a very good story, another very good crossover. Not that many out there really . . . that’s good anyway. I have to say you have a very good sense of humor, and you are the only one besides Rorschachs’ Blot to get me to laugh out loud while reading a story.

I give your story a 5/5.

13. bloodmage

bloodmage Backtraced

I love your work nonjon, but lately it seems... boring. I just can't get into your chapters anymore, it makes me yawn and nod off. Perhaps a bit more conflict? Knowing Harry is godlike makes story boring.

14. nonjon

Don't worry there's only one more chapter in this fic. Though I thought this latest chapter (second to last) was a bit more exciting then most.

Harry's not supposed to be godlike (though a few seemed to misinterpret that). Just one of the strongest wizards, pretending to be godlike on occasion.

And I can assure everyone, I'll never write a story this long again. The scale just got outta hand.

To be honest I'm surprised more people haven't spoken up with the same opinion as bloodmage.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I got bored around the middle section, but lately, I've gotten back into it. I'm not sure if that was just my lack of interest in Harry Potter fanfiction at the time or the story itself.

Anyway, I am looking forward to you returning to writing pure Harry Potter... that is, if thats what your doing afterwards.

16. nonjon

I've actually got a little Smallville humor-fic I want to write. That shouldn't take too long. And then after that is a Harry Potter only fic (I put up a teaser on my yahoogroup if you're curious). That fic will have a sequel though and the sequel is in the Buffy Season 3 world. No Buffy at all in the first one though.

Going to be taking my time before I post anything though.

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Buffy, hm? Even though I used to watch the show, crossover's with Harry Potter have always made me wary, even if the story worlds can be interlocked better than most others like Stargate and Firefly.

But since you did such a good job with this, I think you'll be able to make it work. I look forward to it.

18. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Yeah, I mean you are one of my favorite writers, but I just lost interest in this fic around the 25th chapter or so. I think you just got a little too ambitious and drew this out far longer then it should have gone. I'm definitely looking forward to your next fics, though.

19. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

And its all over now... Wow that was a weird and wild ride. I honestly never expected most of your twists and manipulations, so great work there. I loved the Harry/River vibe you had going throughout the fic even though you told us it wasn't meant to be half way through, and the Mal/Inara fun was good too. I just wish you would have let us keep our precious delusions concerning the chances of at least one on screen H/R kiss.

The one thing I've really learned from this fic... Frank/Serenity is the One True Pairing.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, I have to agree with Caitiff, even though you said there wouldn't be any romance, we all still had hope for that one kiss, which we assumed River would demand. This was a piece of art, and shall no doubt be remembered as one of the few great crossover's.

And Yes.

Frank/Serenity forever! ;)