1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Browncoat, Green Eyes by nonjon - Firefly - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Mar 23, 2006.

1. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

I'm such a big fan of nonjon's work I've even joined his yahoo group so i could read the half chapters he posts.

2. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I dont follow the firefly series or whatever it is but i watched the movie serenity and i think im following your fic fairly well Nonjon. I'm itchin to hear more on whats happening with the wizards, did they die out or well...mutate into beings like River? comne on just a hint or three?

3. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

Bad idea asking nonjon for a hint. Someone asked about Harry's animagus form and all we got out of him was, its magical but not and disapointing.
    people were guessing all kinds of things from sloth to his animagus form being a muggle girl.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Yes but he asked nice, so I'll tell you the truth.

Not all of the wizards are gone. There's a minimum of one left, maybe more. The one remaining goes by the name "Harry." Now I suppose time will tell if there are any others besides this "Harry" character, but right now, I am willing to confirm there is at least this one wizard left.

That enough for you?

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Nonjon, you are a cruel cock tease.

Be careful. I might have to take some of that sweet clue you got. By force if necessary. :growls predatorily and vaguely sexually:
    :D :D :D ;)

6. nonjon

Finally struggled my way through this week's update. I keep wanting to jump ahead because so much of these details seem boring to me, but I wouldn't like the fic if I skipped over them. Feels like River's head has sort of taken over a number of chapters here. Oh well.

New chapter is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2857962/11/

(Stupid yahoogroup's been acting up and it seems only today are my posts finally getting through.)

7. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Ohhhh that was soo mean nonjon! but i degress it made me chuckle, i liked the new update...actually when do i really not enjoy your works? anyway i'd love to see updates come faster but i suppose that i must sit tight and breath into a paper bag?!

8. nonjon

I should get this one out quicker. I wrote a rough 3000 word plan for the meaty discussion of the next chapter. We're going to get some more background on Harry and his old better half.

Out of curiosity, Lord Osiris, what was "so mean"?

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I liked it. Funny and good. I'm not such a big fan of Mr. Universe considering he betrayed the Serenity team in the movie, and that he hadn't developed this technology at his death yet (remember how simple his sex-bot was?)

Anyway, Great stuff. Fantastic as always, HIGHLY recommended and very enjoyable.

One thing, All of your characters say, "Oh hush." Its such an idiosyncratic phrase, yet all of your characters do it. That's it. I can't think of any other criticisms.

UPDATE SOON!!! ;)

10. nonjon

For what it's worth, most of the time in my head that's Dr. Evil saying "Zip it" but that would be even worse. I may need to make sure and mix it up with some more "shut it/up," "shush you," and "You say one more word and I'll rip your stomach out and eat your children." Although really that last one only works for Mike Tyson.

As for Mr. Universe, when did he betray the team? I saw very little difference between what he did and what Inara did. Went along with the person pointing a gun to your head says to do. It's your best hope to stay alive and at no moment was he putting Mal at more risk, was he?

Here's the gist of the scene I was remembering, trying to think of when he might have betrayed them:

And true, Lenore, his sexbot, wasn't some masterful creation, but for all we know he bought her. We know he was able to hack his way to a pilot's license and he seemed more tech-savvy and knowledgable than anyone. He was my Firefly canon-friendly cheat code to making Harry's quest so effective and efficient. Can't really call it successful.

11. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I thought that it was mean that the hint was pretty much something that i was expecting. I'am taking a punt but was Luna, Harry's better half? where you wrote that River caught a glimpse of a blond hair bug-eyed girl, and Harry get all arched up over it? not a girfriend nor sister so either nothing at all or his wife?

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Nice update, read it the other day.

Firefly has just started here... took its sweet time, so I've been watching that. I dont think they wanted to show something that'd be off in 15 weeks...

13. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

I'm pretty sure luna's his wife if i remember what it said on his group.

14. Teal_Thanatos

Teal_Thanatos First Year

I'm suprised he didn't say that his wife was a woman.. er.. I mean, his wife was human.. er.. hold on. perhaps his wife was his wife and not his pet.

Nonjon's mean T_T

15. nonjon

You know there's a fair amount of discussion in this thread that wouldn't take too long to read through. Here's a link to the second post on the second page (#12 in the same way this post is #95):

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=33357&postcount=12

See? I'm not that mean.

It's too bad every assumes "Luna" means "Luna Lovegood." Boy are they going to be disappointed.

/me runs and hides.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've just read the latest chapter...I love Jayne's line at the end lol.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Great stuff. I liked it a lot. I think Zowie would be fantastic for Romance with Harry. It brings her character in more, they have shit in common, and she's less fucked-up and rational than River. I also like that she's almost the exact opposite of Luna. Great stuff. Update soon! :D

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I haven't reviewed much lately because I'm a bastard, but I just wanted to say that this story is still great and one of the best active fanfics ATM. There wasn't that much humor in the last couple of chapters, but it's interesting to see that you can write drama just as well as comedy.

So, keep it up, can't wait for the next chapter.

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Good update. Is River supposed to be an agent? Anyway, good stuff. I feel like you haven't captured the Action/Adventure aspect of "Serenity" well enough until this chapter.

20. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Great update as usual. This is easily becoming one of my favorite harry potter/crossover stories ever... Also does anyone know how old harry was when he froze himself and why he looks so young, Mal thinks Harry is younger then him even as harry was well over a hundred years old when he froze himself. Dident Harry say that he was around 30 when he married and remained married for 115 years or something like that, so did he just age extremly slowly or does he look so young because of the freezing process?