1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Klackerz, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Just finished doing the exotic sword quest to catch this week's armsday and can I just say what a fucking huge chore it was doing it all in one day? It had like 15 different kinds of grinding, each one ridiculous on its own.

---------- Post automerged at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Also got my Year 2 Suros today. Bitch be sexy as fuck.
    Simplicity : you on PS4?

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If anyone wants that exotic sword, or is on that quest, abandon it, it's a pos anyway.

And it's ugly.

And fuck Destiny.

Seriously.

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    hugplx is just mad because we fucked it up and had to do the whole 41 lvl strike again.

Sword is awesome btw :3

4. Gengar

High Score:
    How's the uppercut thing? If it's not a copy of Ken's Shoryuken, I'll be pissed.

5. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

For Republic and Hugplx and anyone else who plays Destiny. If you do the Daily Heroic today, on the Lost to Light quest, you can get a hidden Exotic Sniper, which has 310 attack power. Look up a guide for it online, but it does bring back a very interesting topic.

What other exotics will be hidden in missions with specific circumstances to unlock them?

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I saw. I'll have 2 hours before daily reset when I get home after work :(

There's a bug. Not in the drop, but in the level. It's supposed to be 290.

Get as many as you can and infuse the shit out of your specials while you can. Bungie said they'll not penalise you, but the fix will be applied to the kiosk.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    My hearts says 'many', but my mind says 'few to none, probably none'. The blackhammer was teased by the leftover rune one got when dismantling it. No other gun has done anything like that in the past.

If bungie adds more 'hidden' things, it'll be a new feature, and well advertised.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    It's the best thing they've ever done in game. What was once an activity one begrudgingly did is now something people will look forward to and dissect.

It shouldn't be every day, obviously. Would be cool if it was, on average, once a week though.

They nerfed that op perk, but it's still really nice.

9. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Just got my Void exotic sword yesterday. I'm loving the R2 spin attack. Also got to 46 calcified fragments and picked up the Touch of Malice! Can't wait to bring down Oryx with this thing.

Edit: raid spoiler
    For the daughters + Oryx, if you're in the Aura you can't die, which means you can spam Touch of Malice to your heart's content. It also has a hidden full-auto perk.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Just did the raid today for the first time. Shit was intense.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    So jelly :(

I got Jade Rabbit though

12. silverlasso

See now I'm super jelly. Although I did pick up Zhalo Supercell, Telesto (such a beautiful gun), and Hereafter from 3 of coins farming so I can't complain too much. I'll get Jade Rabbit eventually...(hopefully before next year >_>)

Republic what did you think of the raid vs. the previous ones? When I did it we were able to do it blind up until Oryx and then kept wiping until we finally looked up some strats. IMO this raid relies a ton more on the team working together. Can't have one person carry everyone through.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not a massive fan of JR. If FoAF genuinely rewarded you for intentional body shots for massive headshot dmg, I think i'd adore it.

As it is though, it's maybe a 20% boost per stack? Factoring in the damage you're not doing by not headshotting, it's more of a leveller than any kind of advantage.

I'm using an unupgraded Hung Jury (leg from dead orbit) and I prefer it...

JR looks awesome though. Dat bunny decal

14. ForgingClarity

ForgingClarity Disappeared

People who bought Taken King, as a whole would you say that the expansion is a worthwhile purchase for $40? I'm extremely tempted to buy it but I'm afraid of getting burned again after the vanilla game was such a letdown compared to the hype.

15. Wizard Giller

Wizard Giller Seventh Year

I haven't purchased any of the expansion packs but I think it's a real ripoff for bungie to tell me to plonk down another 60 dollars to get the expansion packs after I bought the game last year. My advice forging clarity is to wait unless you're dying for it, there will be a price cut eventually. I'd rather budget that money towards another new game of which there are plenty both out now and coming this holiday.

16. silverlasso

I don't think Bungie has done the best job with pricing (although the $/unit of entertainment is very low for me), but IMO this latest expansion is everything Destiny should have been at launch and more. I was starting to lose some faith after House of Wolves but The Taken King is fantastic and shows that Bungie has started to learn from its mistakes. Pretty much all of the reviews for TTK are positive (unlike those for the base game).

17. Gengar

High Score:
    The game loop is the same. If you don't like that, move on.

Most of the changes in TTK are QoL. There's only one new zone, so if you're looking for front end content to justify your purchase, you won't be happy.

The value comes with the loot and game loop.

Wait until next year's release for the big update. I've a feeling they might market it as Destiny 2 and let you xfer D1 characters, but we'll see.

I think the console consumer is more receptive to that method rather than constant expansions. Sequels sell.

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
  19. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

The expansion in itself pretty offers almost double the playtime of the base game and even offers an option to let a new character rush straight into it by giving them an item to level them up to 25 instantly. And Republic - Xbox One gamer, sorry.

20. Dryden

Dryden First Year

So i just got a PS4 (from my boss, i love it when kids don't do chores!) and loved the destiny demo. Is this game worth picking up if I don't have any friends that play it?