1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Darthbill / Jack - Thank you both for your excellent commentary. I've got the first 3000 words of chapter 6 done and it is going well so far. Most people are disappointed but understand Harry's complete inability to work a girl. Nukular Winter's review on ff.net went so far as to say that "Harry's pimp hand was not strong." I guess my age is showing, but that doesn't sound good at all.

Jack - I believe it was actually Bacardi 151.

Chapter 6 - you learn quite a bit about warding and how its done. Cursebreaking can be cool. Maybe there will be a second chance with Amy or the twins or maybe there's something else out there.

Jim

2. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

As the saying goes, "Pimpin' ain't easy."

It's kind of funny to see a Harry who isn't suave, since a lot of stories turn Harry into some pretty boy with more moves than a game of Street Fighter 2.

3. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Guess I have a generation gap with the modern lingo! Chapter 6 is most of the way done. I'll probably send it off before the weekend to FairyQilan though I am waiting on some feedback from IP82 at the moment before I write more.

Harry's moves. Right now he has one. It's "Huh? What?". Pretty much the same move I had when I was his age. However by the time he gets to September 1st version of Harry in chapter 1, he will have 'moves', 'game' and skills.

Jim

4. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

freedom of choice

Hey All

Yes I understand Bill's point of view..but its not his money thats being stolen, he wasn't the one obliviated ON DD's orders..

All Harry wants (or should) is the freedom to make the choices himself..as everyone does.

Besides that I really like this story, its totally different from whats out there..and saved me from burn out (reading to many similar HP Fics)..so I like the story despite some places where I would have done things differently..but I am not the one writing it so will just read an enjoy it.

Great Fic

ThunderGod
    :banana: :whipped:

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Chapter 6 Just Published

Chapter 6 is up for your reading pleasure. I hope you enjoy it. I'll write more later. Do you like the interesting contrast between English and Brazillian magical schooling?

Jim

6. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Nice shot at the "seeker reflexes".
    Good chapter I say though a bit boring in some places.
    Hmmmm I don't have anything more to say so good luck on your tests.

7. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Harry "funbag inspector" potter?

Rofl.

Too bad you wont update for awhile.

8. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Sure, the Brazilian 'magical schooling' is a lot more hands on. ;)

Puns aside, it seems pretty realistic. Economic strength always seems to influence the amount of education available and/or required.

9. Myst

Myst Headmaster

That was an interesting chapter. Mostly just Harry learning two very important lessons in a life of a Celebrty.

if Economic strength influences education, wonder what USA's or Russia's Magical Education would be like.

10. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

The chapter has received some really good reviews. I wanted to give you a Harry that is growing up, rather than one that instantly springs into a super badass. I want you to see him lose his innocence and become a jaded wry sarcastic bastard that everyone wants him to be.

So many fics tell you that Bill is a cool guy. I wanted to give you a story where you can see Bill be a cool guy. I've never seen a story that makes Cursebreaking into something cool. Let me know how I am doing.

Evil S. - Sorry you found it slow paced and a bit boring. This was a transitional chapter to introduce what I think of warding and runes and whatnot. Hopefully I'll get into a studying groove and knock this thing out by July 4th.

Amerison - Glad you like the joke. I may be able to squeeze an irregular update in, though it would most likely be for my main story.

Shuujaku and Myst - both make good points about relative economic strength and the education received by the populace.

Jim

11. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

Some parts may look boring, but aren't..to me they were part of the story, background..some may call them filler but to me they are an essential part of any story (as long as its not over done, and this wasn't) I liked the way he was taught new charms and such while telling a story.

Great chap...too bad its going to be a long time till the next update:{

ThunderGod

12. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

*Blinks*

I've been to several beaches in several American countries, and that's never happened to me. Does that happen to other people? End up laying some hot MILF for charity? Good for Harry.

13. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

many many years ago it happened to me....turn up to a beach at sunset and party..people walking along join in..and sunrise the next day was always a good time to wake up for a morning swim..wearing nothing but what you were born with...

and of course a naked sheila next to you is even better...

MILF's are way good:}

memories

ThunderGod
    ps
    and no I wont mention the beachs where it still can happen..but they are in Sydney:}

14. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

DarthBill - I used to summer up at a Deleware beach where my father lived. It never happened to me, despite my fervent wishes, but my older brother was quite a Casanova. I do have experience with the single mother type, when I was slightly older. They are dangerous in so many ways for the ususpecting young lad.

Thundergod - Good observations. Sounds like some happy memories. I hope to vacation in Austrailia one day. I almost used it as the location for this story, but then I wanted to call it Bungle in the Jungle. I don't know if there are any jungles in the land down under. Course I could have called it Land Down Under after the Men At Work song and used the lyrics from it for my chapter titles.

Jim

15. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

I hope we'll get to see some pretty magic soon. The wards stuff and cursebreaking is very good, I just dont have the patience to see a teenager fumble. And I hope you clear up the "I help every poor soul" attitude as well. I'd hate to have his herocomplex even stronger, its annoying me to no end.

16. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

There aint no Jungles down under mate..but there are Thick Rain Forests filled with Deadly Spiders and Snakes and other assorted animals.

As to the magical creatures over here..well Drop Bears are really good for a story..as is the Bunyip and the Yowie.

Just like pet Spike, a bit small for a Drop Bear but he does tend to keep the local animals in small numbers.....

I wasn't a casanova..but being young and with stamina..could keep going when an older gent would flop..made us younglings (back then) very much preyed upon by those MILF's:}

ThunderGod

17. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Hey, good chapter, its nice to see Harry growing up, slowly but surely lol, and can't wait to see what other cool spells and magic harry will learn in the jungle

Question, will there be new magical creatures introuced? and will harry have an animagus? would have thought that might be usefull in the jungle

18. CGB

CGB Auror

Well, I just read the story and I must say it's great. I really like your writing style and the plot is good, too. Good luck with your exams.

19. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

lol..I've been pimping this story to my friends:}..

feedback so far is that its weird and wonderful..different from what they usually read..

ThunderGod

20. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Thanks for ahem - pimping me.

Well different was what I was aiming for. So, I guess that is good.

Jim