1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, May 23, 2010.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

As I said on a friend's facebook wall, DLC is killing the industry, but go ahead and sell your soul to Kotick.

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Well it's official, it's been declared on THE INTERNET.

3. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Bought this game a couple of days ago, and it is total shit. The singleplayer is short, but with a stupid, obvious plot that is based purely on the Manchurian Candidate and every shitty action movie ever. The multiplayer is inconsistent, making very little actual improvement at all. The addition of Wager modes was the best part about it. All of the guns are so OP that none of it makes any fucking difference, and you don't even get the sense that you're firing a powerful weapon - they look, feel and sound like pea shooters. All the other mechanics were copied from Modern Warfare. Oh, except for the addition of 'COD money', a blatant in for microtransactions if I've ever seen one, as well as even more painful grinding. Servers are good, but there is very little practical difference between matchmaking and servers. The game is derivative and unoriginal. Shit tier guns and shit tier improvements make this game a 4/10, those four purely given for two things - Reznov on his Russian awesomeness, and for one or two new MP things. Really, this game is just activision shitting in the face of every gamer out there.

4. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Half on topic:

This has always been an issue with me in these kinds of games. It's a fucking FPS, not an RPG. I don't pay the fucking company $60 so I can spend 50 hours grinding to get the gun load out I like, just so I can enjoy your fucking game.

People are bitching on Reddit about the ps3 hacking allowing people to jump to level 70 and get full gear-Good for fucking them! There's no reason people should have to spend time not enjoying themselves, when they payed money to fucking enjoy themselves!

BF:BC2 was slightly better about this (better guns available sooner, with some default weapons being very powerful), but even that is a time sink to just get what I want to use.

If you seriously believe that, you've never played on a good server. Matchmaking is a pain in the ass that shouldn't be forced on players, period.