1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Camelot Unchained

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by gbbz, May 2, 2013.

1. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Hey,

Camelot Unchained, which is a sequel of sorts to Dark Age of Camelot, just got funded on Kickstarter. Over 2 million dollars were pledged to this project. Which of course generated comments about the industry and whether subscription MMOs are still a viable revenue source.
    Anyway, it could be a great game. Especially since it is entirely focused on PvP, no PvE levelling.

Link to the Kickstarter: Camelot Unchained Kickstarter

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Been following this for a while. As yet unsure.

Mark is obviously passionate about it and I'm a romantic at heart when it comes to the 'game changer', never-before-seen MMO. Something I'd happily go back to sinking £10 a month into (sub, that is: pay to play can suck a dick). I tend to follow in-development MMO's with this very hope, and at some point am usually disappointed by something or other and hold off. Most recently it was ESO. So yes, I'll wait and see.

Heh, I hate being one of those guys - one of the things killing MMO's is the comparatively poor communities compared to 5-7 years ago. It's usually a result of veteran players deciding in advance what they do and don't like, and staving off / bitching about games pre-release. I'm considering just ignoring all further press for this so I don't end up deciding on it in advance, and playing it anyway.

For anyone interested, MMORPG.com has fairly comprehensive coverage. Also Jacobs' Dev Blog is an interesting read - he's very frank about what he's done before, good and bad, and why/how he's doing this one.

3. gbbz

gbbz Professor

The CSE team came back from their vacations. There is still little to say about the game itself but I'm positive. They are obviously trying to do something specific rather than rush things as they did with Warhammer Online.

Besides, this team has the best customer support ever. Nothing beats staying with them on livestream for over 12 hours straight and Mark is replying to ALL of his e-mails, which surprised me actually, he's just passed May the 2nd ones.

If their dedication stays the same this could be a decent game and a revival of old school MMOs.