1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Castlevania's on the DS

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Anyone else given these a go? Currently playing Order of Ecclesia and I'm surprised by how bad it is. The writing is beyond a joke, the combat is super bad, being unable to hit most enemies without taking a good bit of damage yourself, the magic system is fucked, and the townspeople are selfish assholes.

"You saved me, good for you, don't expect me to give you anything free" I'm seriously, that's almost exactly word for word what I was told by several of them.

The monsters are straight out ripped sprites from Symphony of the Night. When I say that, I don't mean just a couple. I've seen maybe 5 monsters that are new, out of around 100ish I've encountered so far. Pathetic. The ones that they didn't straight rip out are so pixelated it looks like they got files from a Gameboy Advance game.

The maps seem like I'm going through them in under 2 minutes, with none of the secret hidden areas from Symphony that made you want to revisit the same area with new skills. The game difficulty is to blame for this, I died so much trying to play tag with monsters that will fucking rock you, I turned on infinite health. But even without it, it only took my map times up to maybe 5 minutes.

I'm really surprised the owners of the franchise put out such a phoned in bullshit game, they must of drank the Nintendo KoolAid and decided to milk the hell out of any franchise they've made any money with.

Konami, 37 Castlevania's, 18 Crash Bandicoot, 13 spyros, 13 Contras, 10 DDR's, 9 Metal Gears, etc

You'd think they'd have game making down pat by now huh? The only IP's that get whored out more are Mario, Zelda, and Megaman.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010