1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Choice of Games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Pasta Sentient, May 16, 2014.

1. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, TMD asked for some recs in Discord. Here's my thoughts:

1) This is just the list of the one's i've playe.d There are a lot more and potentially good ones, but the ones below are what I've done. The quality ranges from Sufficienty Velocity Tier to DLP Tier (but these are rare).

. Now for my reviews of the ones I've played (Listed in order of best to worst)

-Choice of the Cat: You're a cat. 5/5.

-Gold Rose Book One: Really well written. Interesting Historical Fantasy. Cool characters. Very slow pace and build though. Low magic so far. 4.75/5
    -Choice of Rebels Uprising: Grim Fantasy, but really amazing world building and characters that are great. It feels like Braveheart mixed with blood magic and fantasy. Still waiting on the sequel...4.75/5.
    -Sabres of Infinity/Guns of Infinity: Steam Punk/Napoleonic History fantasy story. You start as a young aristocrat joining the army. Involved in a war as an officer. by Paul Wang. 4.75/5
    -Tin Star: Strong Western. Really long, but really well writen. 4.5/5
    -Mecha Ace: By Paul Wang, one of the better authors/creators here. I give this one a 4.5/5. Mecha Sci-fi story, but lots of fun with customizing your mech and a good story.

-Way Walkers University: The most Harry Potterish version imo. Really good Lore building and the characters feel real. 4.4/5
    -Hero of Kendrickstone: By Paul Wang, A DnDesque high fantasy. Lots of different stat choices. Enjoy it and it's sequel Cryptkeepers of Hallowford.. 4.25/5
    -Choice of Magics: A really fun high fantasy magic story. Goes deeper than it seems at first. 4/5
    -Creme De la Creme: An interesting and mysterious high society story. Lots of good choices. 4/5.
    -Lord of Aswick: The best non fantasy medieval one. You are a young nobleman from birth to death. Become a knight. engage in politics. etc. 4/5
    -EverTree Saga: DnD inspired, starts with a cool mystery in Evertree Inn and ends with Lux. Lots of great choices and potential paths. Good lore. Interesting characters. 4/5.
    -Lost Heir Trilogy: A fun high fantasy story with lots of management, good characters. Plenty of choices to be made. You can fail and die. 4/5.
    -Life of a Space Force Captain: Better Scifi than most. Good choices. Interesting world. 3.75/5

-Vampire World of Darkness ones range from 3.5-4.5 imo. Some good. Some meh.
    -Samurai of Hyuuga series: I'm not really sure how I feel about these. On one hand they are interesting, on the other hand they don't allow as much freedom as other choice games and it is very, very anime. 3.5ish.

-Community College Hero: Fun ride, but kinda simple story. A bit creepy at times. 3.5/5
    -Heroes Rise: It's been years since i played this trilogy. I remember the concept being a lot of fun, but there are some definite annoyances over the course of the story. I'd give it a 3.5/5
    -Choice of the Deathless: A pretty fun ride. More humorous, but the theme of an attorney for demons is pretty fun. 3.5/5

-Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance: A pretty fun romance and court politics one. 3.25/5
    -Showdown at Willow Creek: Fun Western 3.25/5
    -Choice of Broadsides: You're a sailor. Ship based combat. 3.25/5
    -Choice of Dragon: Simple. You're a dragon. 3/5
    -Wizards Chioce: Generic Wizard Adventure
    -Choice of Kung-Fu: Kinda simple, but fun KunFu ride. 3/5
    -Choice of Vampire: Vampire Romance in early american history. Feels more like a historical romance than vampire story. 2.5/5
    -Choice of the Vampire: Fall of Memphis: Sequel to above. Same deal. 2.5/5
    -Choice of Star Captain: Generic Sci-Fi. Annoying Companion. 2.5/5
    -The Fleet: Generic Sci-Fi 2.5/5
    -Choice of the Ninja: Remember this one being super genric. 2/5
    -Marine Raider: 1/5. Super dumb military.

3. Golden Shadow

Golden Shadow Fourth Year

War for the West is pretty good. Very expansive and you can follow a lot of distinct paths to their end, so lots of replayability.

Tally Ho is extremely well written. It's premised on being a PG Wodehouse novel you can control the story of, and it's pretty well executed. May be a hit or miss depending on whether you like that type of humor. This one has the servant as the MC, while in the sequel it's the master.