1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Circular Reasoning by Swimdraconian - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by ip82, Apr 10, 2006.

1. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

interesting story, though i would rather classify it as Dark Arts or Timetravel instead of Independant.

I hope your updates come a bit more regulary now, since the story could be great if you moved it along in the way you started it

2. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Sadly, no, this is not an update. Just a small newsbreak. ;)

I have not abandoned Circular Reasoning. In fact, I don’t think it’s possible for me to do so; I’ve become far too attached to it to give the story up. I will, however, be reworking it.

I’m not completely satisfied with the story, as I haven’t had much time to dedicate towards CR between school, work and other shit in my real life. The fact that it has taken me two years to get seven chapters up should tell you something. CR reads to me a bit slap-happy in some places where it shouldn’t be and I need to work on expanding my chapters out. My characterizations could also use a bit of revamping and, no, I’m not just being overly critical of my own writing.

Thankfully, my school/work schedule allows for me to take the fall semester off to work on my art, writing and computer stuff. Circular Reasoning will most definitely be included in that - I’ve got stacks of notebooks filled with prospective chapters and other little titbits of writing that are waiting to be typed out. There are even plans for stories other than CR. I have plots coming out the ears and nothing to do with them.

Hopefully though, I'll be able to get another chapter out before I begin reworking Circular Reasoning.

My apologies again,
    Swimdraconian

3. Swimdraconian

I need a new summary.

Does anybody have any good suggestions?

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

'Harry walked his path to an untimely end, and then found himself at its beginning. The darkness of the future threatens the present, and the war just got a lot more complicated."

Usually I'm pretty good with summaries, but I find any I write for fics that aren't my own tend to suck. :/

Really liked Chapter 7, btw.

5. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

Just read the 8 chapters, and I like it. I rememebr reading the first couple of chapters awhile ago but losing the story. Glad I found it again. Now I know where to look out for update =D

-Linc-

6. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Great story so far. Well written with a very good characterization of a wartime!Harry. I have no problem with the use of swords/guns/explosives as long as it's within reason. I always believed that muggle technology is a great weakness to the wizarding kind so why not exploit that fact.

5/5

Just a quick question, are there going to be elements of The Dresden Files in this fic?

7. Swimdraconian

Nope, I'm just borrowing Butcher's characterization of Mab and the Winter Court.

8. Swimdraconian

Next chapter is up at ff.net and PatronusCharm.

A day ago, I had exactly 58 words. I have no clue how this chapter came to be; I blinked and there it was.

Funny how that works...

9. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

The new chapter was very good. I hope to see more in the near future.

10. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

One of the rare well written Independent fics. 4/5 and a request for more.

11. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I just started reading this and it is very good so far. I could do without the swords, guns, and a 13 year old Harry practicing martial arts, but I see how it is different in your story than in others. Very good job.

4/5

12. Humbolt

Humbolt Seventh Year

This story is one of my personal favorites. The swords and guns work well with the rest of the story, and your Harry is quite awsome. You wrote one of the best wizarding wars in fanfiction, and your new concepts are very interesting. 5/5

13. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

This is the first quality double-crossover I've ever seen. I forget the name of the series where "charter/free magic" and "the Old World" come from, but I remember that it was awesome.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  14. Swimdraconian

The Old World is one of my creations and it definitely won't be what you expect. Charter and Free Magic come from Garth Nix's Sabriel series.

Next chapter is already written; I just need some time to go through and weed out all of my glaring errors. I should have it up within five to six days.

15. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

Ah. I thought the Old World was another name for the old Kingdom in Sabriel.

16. Tidus86p

Tidus86p Second Year

Well I really like the story so far but i would like to ask you to please expand it towards the 14 families thing. From my point of view It would really come alive If you give the whole european society a underground feel to it. Dont make the families try to control the political scene from the background but instead try to make them follow a deeper path. What I'm trying to say is that political power is not so important, it would be more interesting If You could give it a more mystical feel to it although there is always a risk on overdoing it.

17. Swimdraconian

Dude, just wait for it. I can guarantee you that it will not be what you expect. Be patient young grasshopper.

18. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lol Swim your the reason I came to DLP!

19. Humbolt

Humbolt Seventh Year

Actualy I think I first heard about DLP from his profile.

20. Swimdraconian

Wow, I feel famous. Lucky me.

Back to CR, what do you think about Shorner? Good? Bad? Let me know.