1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Code Geass

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Paravon, Aug 4, 2007.

1. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Oh yeah. CG has been a reason for me to enjoy Sundays, even with knowing that work and school are going on again on monday.

Oh Code Geass, I shall miss you!

2. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

I'm eagerly awaiting this one, just like all the others, but at the same time I don't want it to end...

3. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

New ep is full of win. C2 V2 and the title of the series was R2, the japanese pronounce r and l the same, how could we have missed it?

I reckon they'll be a new series.

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Ending was pretty win (
    save for the fact Suzaku plays far too much a role in everything, damn catering to yaoigirls
    )... though as with everything cool in Geass, it could have been foreshadowed or alluded to earlier on (atleast an episode earlier, or even at the beginning of the episode...), and it would have been so much more awesome.

Hint to anyone who's not seen the last episode yet:

Lelouch divided by zero! (you'll get it when you see the end lol)

I don't think there'll be a sequel... if there is one, it will focus on different characters in a different setting with Geass as the backdrop.

5. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

It pretty much was. The camera guy (who's name I always forget) talked about making Zero a symbol, and that's what he became in the end.

Wow. Epic. Pure win.

6. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

The amount of win in this episode boggles my mind...

They left it open to interpretation, but here's what I think the ending shows:
    Lelouch, having received the Code during the events on the Sword of Akasha, became immortal when he was killed. This is confirmed by several things: Nunnally receiving flashes of Lelouch's memories when he touched her, the cart driver masking his face, C.C.'s comments at the end, and the name "R2". As JoJo23 pointed out, the Japanese pronounce r and l the same way.

So, in conclusion, it looks like a classic 'happily ever after' ending, with an emphasis on "ever".

An excellent finale for an excellent series.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  7. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I'm glad the creators resisted the urge to extend the series, while it would have been a real money maker, I doubt they could have kept up the kind of pacing and had a good third season.

Here's to hoping they don't pull a 'gundam' and make some shitty movie for it.

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

When Nunally got some of Lelouch's memories, I was like "Wut?" but then I guess that confirms it. If Lelouch is immortal, then that was a set up, and if he isn't with C.C., he's watching from a far, somewhere.

How he got such a lifelike corpse or faked his own death before so many people is beyond me, though... he couldn't have geass'd "Imagine I die," I think...

9. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Nah man, remember when the emperor shot himself under geass? It's the same thing, Lelouch was 'killed', then later spirited away by CC/the few loyal soldiers left.

10. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

That episode was made of all kinds of win.

That said, lulz at Jeremiah farming oranges.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Jeremiah/Anya was slightly distubing but still episode was made out of win and cake... which was also made out of win.

13. Sagita

Sagita Fourth Year

What an epic ending, and it leaves Lelouch's faith open to interpretation, I guess he is in fact an inmortal and my guess is that he was the man riding in the cart.

I loved the whole final 5 minutes, the fact that Lelouch became HATE and made Zero unite the world with his death was full of epic win.

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Got this from /a/. Explains the title "Code Geass" pertty well.

15. Teks

Teks Third Year

Hopefully the driver of the cart is L.L. and C.C was not talking to herself. I wouldn't like to see an ending like the anime School Days as C.C is talking to someone and there is a huge bag next to her.

16. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

[​IMG]

It's lelouch.

Also, anyone seen Gundam 00? Is it worth the time to watch?

17. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

If you can stomach main character - Setsuna F. Seiei - constatnly speaking like this:
    - There is no God in this world. -
    - I will be Gundam. -
    - I am Gundam. -
    - I am not Gundam. -
    Then this series is good. But the ending of the first season was pulled out of blue. Next sunday the second seasons starts airing.

@CG:
    I only wonder when there will be CG OVA with answers to some of the questions - the fate of Lelouch (he is alive) and C.C. name.

18. Teks

Teks Third Year

I'm going to bite and call shenanigans on this, Pyro. Source? Better be Reuters or equivalent.

19. BlackPawn#7

BlackPawn#7 Squib

I think the .gif showing Lelouch was a manipulation that was posted on 4chan. It seems that everything from that site needed to be taken with a grain of salt. (Or more than one)

I wonder what happened to Ling-Xe, though. I think I missed him in the wedding photo...

20. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Gif is faked, i just replayed the ep. But dam the whole series was too epic. They definitely need a OVA. Its obvious Lelouch got together with C.C, the way shes smiling at the end kind of states it.